LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Foot light and vanity lights??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-12, 08:22 AM
misterk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Foot light and vanity lights??

Before i start ripping my door and headliner apart, can someone tell me how to remove the light covers to change the bulbs for the vanity mirrors and interior door lights?... Much appreciated
Old 10-14-12, 03:49 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

The lens on the door just pops off with your fingers..grab the underside and it pops right out. The vanity lights plastic lenses pop right off with a small jewelers style flat head...easy...all of my lights are LED including two 36 LED panels up front dome and one 36 LED panel in rear. Tee posted pics of his setup like this with good pictures..search on the first or second page
Old 10-14-12, 03:54 PM
CJITTY

Also..if you want white LEDs in the footwells, simply take off the yellow cover of those..the LED is actually super bright white..the rear "floor mat" lights require some extra effort to remove the yellow cover on those LEDs which are below the front seatbacks
Old 10-14-12, 05:40 PM
Ys88q7
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want the rear footwell lights changed you have to stick your hand under the seat and pull the plastic cuff that's wrapped around the bar off ,it's just fitted around the bar that will allow you to lift that carpet piece up , and under that are two screws one on each side of the rear of the seat,unscrew those two screws once they are out grab the bottom sides of the back of the seats and pull toward you, and then lift the the whole back piece up and that whole back seat cover will come off, find the light which is attached by one screw , unscrew it and detach the plastic bulb holder , take the orange plastic cover off,and Voila! Put everything back the way you took it off should take you 10 -15 mins on each seat , Me and a friend did all my interior lights and the side mirrors yesterday and all I have left are the vanity lights which are even easier because they look like little fuses that snap right in , Sorry no pics but believe me it's like night and day!!!!!!!Thanks SBLexus
Old 10-15-12, 07:36 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice said everyone, I will give that a try during lunchtime.
Old 10-15-12, 09:28 AM
misterk
Pole Position

Default thanks!

thanks for the help guys...

cjitty: in reagrds to the door light, you are talking about just pulling the cover off the light right? not the whole storage drawer?

thanks again
Old 10-15-12, 09:36 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by misterk
thanks for the help guys...

cjitty: in reagrds to the door light, you are talking about just pulling the cover off the light right? not the whole storage drawer?

thanks again
The entire plastic lens just pops right out..you can feel the lip of it on the bottom and it pops right out..please don't make me do a youtube video and then you will end up doing a facepalm after viewing it lol
Old 10-15-12, 09:56 AM
misterk
Pole Position

lol...just got them done...fingers didnt want to function for some reason....

thanks!
Old 10-15-12, 01:52 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by misterk
lol...just got them done...fingers didnt want to function for some reason....

thanks!
Glad you were able to figure it out..i'm sure you probably realize that you will need to leave that plastic cage looking thing that goes around the bulb off so you can get a bigger LED bulb in there. No worries, it can be left out with no problem. Enjoy the LEDs!
Old 10-16-12, 08:24 AM
misterk
Pole Position

yeah...kind of figured that one out. did have to stare at it for a second though...thanks!!
Old 10-21-12, 07:47 AM
misterk
Pole Position

Default front and rear map light cover?

Anyone know how to remove the light covers for the front and rear map lights?
Old 03-23-14, 06:34 PM
Lexus4me
Driver

Originally Posted by Ys88q7
If you want the rear footwell lights changed you have to stick your hand under the seat and pull the plastic cuff that's wrapped around the bar off ,it's just fitted around the bar that will allow you to lift that carpet piece up , and under that are two screws one on each side of the rear of the seat,unscrew those two screws once they are out grab the bottom sides of the back of the seats and pull toward you, and then lift the the whole back piece up and that whole back seat cover will come off, find the light which is attached by one screw , unscrew it and detach the plastic bulb holder , take the orange plastic cover off,and Voila! Put everything back the way you took it off should take you 10 -15 mins on each seat , Me and a friend did all my interior lights and the side mirrors yesterday and all I have left are the vanity lights which are even easier because they look like little fuses that snap right in , Sorry no pics but believe me it's like night and day!!!!!!!Thanks SBLexus
I removed the two screws. How hard do you pull the back side of the seat?
Either I worry pulling too hard or I am pulling the wrong part.
Anyone have pictures? Thanks.
Old 03-23-14, 07:32 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus4me
Once you have the screws out pull down on the seat back and it should slide down and out.
Old 03-23-14, 08:24 PM
shrikelex
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys, I always wondered why they sent us 10 LED's, got 8 of em replaced, thought they were extras. I'm not going change the rear seat ones though, I like having back up in case one blows, never know.
Old 03-23-14, 08:50 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Lexus4me

Wow..yall doin a lot of work..took me just a few minutes to reach up there with a sharp tool to scrape off the yellow cover

Quick Reply: Foot light and vanity lights??