LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

DataSystems Air Suspension Controller info thread

Old 02-20-13, 09:26 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhoang
I was hoping you'd chime in.

I've done the finger gap test as well and although I wish you were right in that the controller is not displaying correctly, it is actually uneven. The passenger side is always higher - it is even visibly noticeable.

However - I have thought about playing with those links with all of this happening. My thought is that one of them has to be turned a bit and it's causing it to be uneven...
You knew I would lololol. Mine was perfect until i hit that pothole, so I think it shifted up or down because that is the wheel that hit the hole. I was going less than 2 or 3 mph when I hit so it makes sense. I need to get to a drive on lift and play around with that link to see if it evens out. What is weird is when I go to height high mode, it shows even pixels all the way around on the controller..when I go back to normal height, all but the right front are even..the front pass is indicating around between level one or two. But, knowing the car is even..i may leave it alone. I think you have the issue that 305Busa had and you will need to tweak those links
Old 02-20-13, 09:32 AM
CJITTY

broken TSI, I forgot to mention, the fender gap illusion or setup seems to be different from front to back. That is why I always set my front to one level lower than the rear. So 4 Front, 3 Rear for example. It makes the car sit right IMO. Also, when you park, the auto park brake actually makes the back sit lower when car is put in park because the car lurches forward just a touch as it locks into Park gear. But, turn the auto park brake off, drive around on a flat surface and then put in park..see if the car sits a little better. Still good practice to always use your park brake, but somethign to look into either way
Old 02-20-13, 09:49 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CJITTY
You knew I would lololol. Mine was perfect until i hit that pothole, so I think it shifted up or down because that is the wheel that hit the hole. I was going less than 2 or 3 mph when I hit so it makes sense. I need to get to a drive on lift and play around with that link to see if it evens out. What is weird is when I go to height high mode, it shows even pixels all the way around on the controller..when I go back to normal height, all but the right front are even..the front pass is indicating around between level one or two. But, knowing the car is even..i may leave it alone. I think you have the issue that 305Busa had and you will need to tweak those links
Looks like that's my next project when the weather gets nice then.
I'm hoping this will fix the issue and also help me lower the car a little more. Two birds with one stone.

When I do it, I'll take pics and be sure to justify and post in that thread to clear some things up if it works.
Old 02-20-13, 10:17 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by jayhoang
Looks like that's my next project when the weather gets nice then.
I'm hoping this will fix the issue and also help me lower the car a little more. Two birds with one stone.

When I do it, I'll take pics and be sure to justify and post in that thread to clear some things up if it works.
Thats great man..good lookin out for everyone!
Old 02-26-13, 06:24 PM
gemini1
FNM President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know if this is compatible with the 2013 LS460 F-sport.

If not, anyone know where I can order for a 2013 LS 460 F-sport?
Old 03-03-13, 03:23 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by gemini1
Anyone know if this is compatible with the 2013 LS460 F-sport.

If not, anyone know where I can order for a 2013 LS 460 F-sport?
Keep lookout on the Prestigious Society website. I am sure Data Systems is working on it..who knows..maybe its already available on Japan.
Old 03-06-13, 08:14 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Two things:
The smaller harness included, where does that get plugged into?

And I cannot get into sl mode, when setting the memory, I can't even go lower than 5. What am I missing?
Old 03-07-13, 03:20 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
Two things:
The smaller harness included, where does that get plugged into?

And I cannot get into sl mode, when setting the memory, I can't even go lower than 5. What am I missing?
Did you see the instructions on the very first post of this thread? It tells you how to get into sl mode. It is a Sequence while starting the car.

From the first post of this thread:
With the ignition off, press and hold the SELECT button while you switch the ignition on. You can then select between ホアンキジュンMODE and EXTRA-DOWN MODE.If you selected extra down mode, when you turn the engine on, you will get a message on the screen that says "WARNING!!", otherwise it will have the R-SPec logo. The warning is there to tell you that you have selected an "illegal" mode, so just ignore it.

Note that to get into HYPER LOW DOWN mode (L on the display), when you get down to 9 on the height select screen, you need to press and hold the DOWN Button for 3 seconds

...that smaller harness is not needed. It connects to back of nav and acts as a nanny preventing adjustment while in motion or at certain speeds..something like that..just leave it off.

I recommend once you get to super low mode that you save it as a preset for those occassions you want to go back to it

Last edited by CJITTY; 03-07-13 at 03:32 AM.
Old 03-07-13, 04:53 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

I did try it, but I think I may have been holding the mode button. I'll try it again this morning.
Old 03-07-13, 06:14 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The screen should turn red when you do enable it.
Old 03-07-13, 07:32 AM
CJITTY

I did try it, but I think I may have been holding the mode button. I'll try it again this morning.
Look under the bottom of the controller..do you have SINGWFY version?

"Sorry, It's Not Gonna Work For You" LOL...just kiddin man

It struggled with it too at first, but you will get it
Old 03-07-13, 08:54 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

I got it this morning. I got the super low mode, but mine goes down to 8 before hitting L, not 9. Doesn't matter much either way. I'm going to mess with it after work today.

Also I get to route the controller now and put the car back together. I didn't do it yesterday since I wasn't sure about that smaller harness and I needed to route the controller either way. I have seen people talk about the ash tray, glove box and center console. Any inputs on which is easiest or which looks the best? I'm thinking the ash tray area since I can put the ash tray back in to cover the hole if it needs to appear stock.
Old 03-07-13, 10:28 AM
CJITTY

I got it this morning. I got the super low mode, but mine goes down to 8 before hitting L, not 9. Doesn't matter much either way. I'm going to mess with it after work today.

Also I get to route the controller now and put the car back together. I didn't do it yesterday since I wasn't sure about that smaller harness and I needed to route the controller either way. I have seen people talk about the ash tray, glove box and center console. Any inputs on which is easiest or which looks the best? I'm thinking the ash tray area since I can put the ash tray back in to cover the hole if it needs to appear stock.
You know what, mine triggers at 8 as well now that I think about it. As far as location, leave it in the glove box. Couple reasons, out of sight out of mind, glove box can be locked. I don't mess with my controller often enough to have it right there, so I like it in the more secure glove box. I have long arms so adjusting it while driving isn't hard anyway, especially with presets. I thought the ashtray door area would be pimp, but decided to leave it right in the glove box. I guess the armrest is good too, but it can't be locked.
Old 03-07-13, 12:34 PM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

I was going to route it at lunch, but found that the ash tray area wasn't big enough and would need some material removed. I left it in the glove box (no cutting at all) and put everything back together with the exception of 1 bolt I missed somewhere. :-/
Old 03-27-13, 06:12 AM
Milon
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've searched and searched and I apologize if I missed this somewhere but is there information posted on how to install the dayasystem controller? I have heard that it is very simple but I wanted a little detail... Honestly, all I really need to know is where the factory air suspension ecu is located and I should be able to do the install from there... I just do not want to remove unnecessary interior pieces when installing the controller so I am asking for advice from all of you who have already done the install...

The LS460L is new to me and I can't wait to start modifying it to my liking... Today marks 1 month of ownership and I will start putting parts on now... I would have already started but some local friends stated that I couldn't keep the car stock for a month so the air ride controller, new wheels and tires are sitting waiting for installation this weekend now that it has been a month... =)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out here!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DataSystems Air Suspension Controller info thread