LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

3mm Spacers..Anyone try them out yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-12, 10:32 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts
Default 3mm Spacers..Anyone try them out yet?

Hey Everyone,

I have reviewed some of the LS wheel spacer threads and most are talking about 5, 10, 15, 20mm spacers which require longer studs, etc.

I did some research all across different vehicle forums and it seems like the overall concensus is that 3mm spacers do no require longer studs and work just fine.

The reason I want them is because I have the first series of Vossen CV1 22x9 wheels on the front of my LS600hL. The first series were made with 35mm offsets, and the newer versions are now 30mm offset. 5mm may not seem like alot, but it makes a huge difference as to how the wheel sits by the front control arms and visibily less sunken in as well.

When I had the 265/30/22 tires up front of my LS460, they would rub on hard bumps and that wasn't good..I literally had a credit card thickness between the tire and the control arm..no joke. So I went down to a 245/30/22 size (92XL). Not ideal load rating for a 460 that requires a 97XL tire and of course not a 600 with a 98XL reqmt. I don't want to give up these wheels because I really like them, so I am thinking of getting these spacers which are 5x120, 60.1mm hub centric and provide an extra 3mm of clearance that I need so I can "more comfortably" run a 265/30/22 on the front and rear on my LS600hL in the near future. Tire sizes will be same due to AWD. It would put me at 32mm offset and sit perfectly in the fender..still clearing the outside fender and the inner control arm would no longer be an issue. I'm not trying to go flush or anything, just need a little more breathing room.

Here is the description as shown on eBay and this seller has a 99% rating..might be worth a shot

BOLT PATTERN: 5X114.3 + 5X120
CENTER BORE: 60.1
THREAD TYPE: 14
SPACER THICKNESS: 3MM
VEHICLE FITMENT: LEXUS
DRILL: DUAL DRILLED

Thoughts? Anyone with experience using these?
Attached Thumbnails 3mm Spacers..Anyone try them out yet?-3mm-spacer.jpg  

Last edited by CJITTY; 08-28-12 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-28-12, 11:54 AM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

might want and find some hubcentric ones unless you are sure you can run rings with these. or go the custom route. not as expensive as u might think since you are looking for two. do a google search for custom wheel spacers this company should pop up, there in vegas and also a vendor on CL.
Old 08-28-12, 11:58 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Lextrician
might want and find some hubcentric ones unless you are sure you can run rings with these. or go the custom route. not as expensive as u might think since you are looking for two. do a google search for custom wheel spacers this company should pop up, there in vegas and also a vendor on CL.
As I mentioned, these are advertised as hubcentric with a 60.1mm for Lexus vehicles. The picture shows what appears to be the lip of the hub centric lip portion. Custom billet may be a good route also..get a true 5x120, M14 and not have the 5x114 pattern holes as well..i wish i knew how much of a lip these have because i do have to run rings with my Vossens

Last edited by CJITTY; 08-28-12 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-28-12, 02:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

oh is that why the front wheels look pushed in a bit. I guess mine are the newer offset because they go right to the edge of the fender. Fits much better than the old VVS082s. Dont get me wrong, the car looks amazing but I was wondering why the CV1s on your car and my old 082s looks different in the front
Old 08-28-12, 05:45 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
oh is that why the front wheels look pushed in a bit. I guess mine are the newer offset because they go right to the edge of the fender. Fits much better than the old VVS082s. Dont get me wrong, the car looks amazing but I was wondering why the CV1s on your car and my old 082s looks different in the front
Yeah man..you and I have discussed this already..those kids of yours are at it again lol..just kiddin man. I think 32mm would look great!
Old 08-28-12, 11:40 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
As I mentioned, these are advertised as hubcentric with a 60.1mm for Lexus vehicles. The picture shows what appears to be the lip of the hub centric lip portion. Custom billet may be a good route also..get a true 5x120, M14 and not have the 5x114 pattern holes as well..i wish i knew how much of a lip these have because i do have to run rings with my Vossens
I can see where the spacer is cut for the hub but I don't think I see a raised lip so that it stays hubcentric for the wheels to mount to. Unless the lip on the hub is thicker than 3mm then the wheels will mount to the factory hub oh and I think that image is a generic image. I see 5 lug and 4 lug.
Old 08-29-12, 07:10 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have used 5mm hub centric spacer for the rear with stock studs. They were use in conjunction with Vossen wheels. No problem.
Old 08-29-12, 07:24 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Nat
I have used 5mm hub centric spacer for the rear with stock studs. They were use in conjunction with Vossen wheels. No problem.
Wow? For real? Do you recall how many turns you got on the lugs? IIRC,they spin many times and I thought I read that 5 or more turns is good. That's good to know. I really just need a little space..but 5mm may work too..I may just try the 3 first
Old 08-29-12, 12:44 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

smart move . Start smaller and work your way up. The issue is if the lugs or not secure it can be a safety issue .
Old 08-29-12, 12:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah man..you and I have discussed this already..those kids of yours are at it again lol..just kiddin man. I think 32mm would look great!
Its true. you got me again.
Old 06-16-13, 01:26 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Everyone,

I have reviewed some of the LS wheel spacer threads and most are talking about 5, 10, 15, 20mm spacers which require longer studs, etc.

I did some research all across different vehicle forums and it seems like the overall concensus is that 3mm spacers do no require longer studs and work just fine.

The reason I want them is because I have the first series of Vossen CV1 22x9 wheels on the front of my LS600hL. The first series were made with 35mm offsets, and the newer versions are now 30mm offset. 5mm may not seem like alot, but it makes a huge difference as to how the wheel sits by the front control arms and visibily less sunken in as well.

When I had the 265/30/22 tires up front of my LS460, they would rub on hard bumps and that wasn't good..I literally had a credit card thickness between the tire and the control arm..no joke. So I went down to a 245/30/22 size (92XL). Not ideal load rating for a 460 that requires a 97XL tire and of course not a 600 with a 98XL reqmt. I don't want to give up these wheels because I really like them, so I am thinking of getting these spacers which are 5x120, 60.1mm hub centric and provide an extra 3mm of clearance that I need so I can "more comfortably" run a 265/30/22 on the front and rear on my LS600hL in the near future. Tire sizes will be same due to AWD. It would put me at 32mm offset and sit perfectly in the fender..still clearing the outside fender and the inner control arm would no longer be an issue. I'm not trying to go flush or anything, just need a little more breathing room.

Here is the description as shown on eBay and this seller has a 99% rating..might be worth a shot

BOLT PATTERN: 5X114.3 + 5X120
CENTER BORE: 60.1
THREAD TYPE: 14
SPACER THICKNESS: 3MM
VEHICLE FITMENT: LEXUS
DRILL: DUAL DRILLED

Thoughts? Anyone with experience using these?
I have the same wheel setup as you know. Consequently I was interested in adding spacers but I changed my tires from Vredestein Sessanta to Dunlop Sport Maxx 265/30/22. As these can protect the rims I no longer have enough space. I didn't expect that tires with same dimension are so different
Attached Thumbnails 3mm Spacers..Anyone try them out yet?-img_3490.jpg   3mm Spacers..Anyone try them out yet?-img_3487.jpg  
Old 06-16-13, 03:05 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by whitetooth
I have the same wheel setup as you know. Consequently I was interested in adding spacers but I changed my tires from Vredestein Sessanta to Dunlop Sport Maxx 265/30/22. As these can protect the rims I no longer have enough space. I didn't expect that tires with same dimension are so different
Wow..very interesting
Old 06-17-13, 04:34 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

No all tires are the same. Some stretch more than others. Also, I've ran 5mm spacers in the past with no lug extension and had not issues.
Old 06-17-13, 05:07 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Does anyone know where I can get 5mm hubcentric spacers for our cars? I can only find 72.6... I'm trying to think how it would work with with the hub ring on top.
Old 06-17-13, 06:56 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2
Does anyone know where I can get 5mm hubcentric spacers for our cars? I can only find 72.6... I'm trying to think how it would work with with the hub ring on top.
I bought from this company before. They're a little pricey but well built with quality.

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/

Quick Reply: 3mm Spacers..Anyone try them out yet?