LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New Dei (aka Viper brands) remote start add on!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-12, 03:48 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

A huge thanks to Damion ( Shibumi1) for the awesome install and diagnostics. It's a really nice mod that I have yet to play with. Here is a short video I made the briefly shows how it works.

If yu guys want something like this den hit up Damion at Next Level in Orlando Fl if you are local. Thanks again Damion!!

P.S. imma get some if those air fresheners ASAP!! Hahaha
Old 09-13-12, 07:17 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Adam..that is sweeeet!! Damion is the man! I'll be down in October.. we need to discuss a package deal on some other electrical mods lol...great video. DEI owes you for the demo
Old 09-13-12, 07:18 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

THANKS for the kind words.. i'm just doing my job...we had a lil hiccup but it turns out that its in the newest firmware.. (will have an update tomorrow) spoke to DEI they are on it asap.. Adams a great guy we had alot of fun... 90mph golf cart comin soon...

.off topic.. but if u've gotta have that new car smell.. try this.. its smell like actual leather (a lil goes a long way)

http://www.autoscentsinc.com/xcart/p...&cat=12&page=1
Attached Thumbnails New Dei (aka Viper brands) remote start add on!!-new-leather-07.jpg  

Last edited by Shibumi1; 09-13-12 at 07:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Shivvy (08-25-20)
Old 09-14-12, 01:03 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Shibumi,

I just sent you a PM.

JR
Old 09-14-12, 02:37 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Those air fresheners smell exactly like a new Lexus! Amazing stuff, I ordered a huge pack today lol.
Old 09-19-12, 07:09 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice video adamls2. Glad to see that you are also happy with your RS
Old 09-24-12, 07:48 AM
tlee6
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extend range of lexus RX350 remote start

I have read this entire thread but can not determine if I can do something simple to extend the range of my factory installed remote start and keep my factory remotes. I also have the proximity system to lock/unlock the doors. I would like to avoid using smart start but if that is the only option I would still need to know what to purchase. If possible could you provide specifics with your potential options. Also with any of the potential options including Smart start would they replace my current system or just add the ability to start the vehicle for further away.
Old 09-24-12, 02:39 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

as of yet the DBALL wont work on a 2013 RX... but when it does you'll need a DBALL and a smart start (with or without gps) all oem functions will work and the smart start will give the extra range you are lookin for.. keep checking the xpresskit website regularly for updates

http://www.xpresskit.com/rsr.aspx

idatalink has a solution for oem remote start for the 2013 RX (seeing as you have that already it wont work for you) i dont know of a direct link to the smart start with the idatalink..(they usually connect thru an alarm)
Old 09-25-12, 06:47 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tlee6
I have read this entire thread but can not determine if I can do something simple to extend the range of my factory installed remote start and keep my factory remotes. I also have the proximity system to lock/unlock the doors. I would like to avoid using smart start but if that is the only option I would still need to know what to purchase. If possible could you provide specifics with your potential options. Also with any of the potential options including Smart start would they replace my current system or just add the ability to start the vehicle for further away.
Depending on what year your RX is... They do have the DBALL kit for 2010-2012 RX 350. If you are looking to just get an extend range, just go to your locate car audio shop and they should be able to help you with that. If not then just get the remote start with your factory oem key. Mine works even if I'm a 100feet away.
Old 09-25-12, 08:56 AM
tlee6
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
as of yet the DBALL wont work on a 2013 RX... but when it does you'll need a DBALL and a smart start (with or without gps) all oem functions will work and the smart start will give the extra range you are lookin for.. keep checking the xpresskit website regularly for updates

http://www.xpresskit.com/rsr.aspx

idatalink has a solution for oem remote start for the 2013 RX (seeing as you have that already it wont work for you) i dont know of a direct link to the smart start with the idatalink..(they usually connect thru an alarm)
I was thinking since I would only use a remote sart in the Winter months in Oswego NY I could live with using a second remote for just the remote sart but use the OEM remote for everything else. Once a Dball is available for my 2013 RX can I also get a new remote starter remote that will allow me to be 1000 feet or more away and still start the car.

Last edited by tlee6; 09-25-12 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Add additional question
Old 09-25-12, 08:58 AM
tlee6
Driver School Candidate

Also what did you mean by "(seeing as you have that already it wont work for you)" in your statement relative to the idatalink device.

Last edited by tlee6; 09-25-12 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Additional question
Old 09-25-12, 12:02 PM
tlee6
Driver School Candidate

idatalink indicates I should use ADS-AL CA and would then need long distance transmitters and antenna to perform a long distance remote start without using the smart start technology. Does this sound right?
Old 09-26-12, 05:03 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tlee6
idatalink indicates I should use ADS-AL CA and would then need long distance transmitters and antenna to perform a long distance remote start without using the smart start technology. Does this sound right?
yes this is correct.. but again i dont know of a direct plug in for the AdsAlCa.. but with the DBALL u can get a range extender package (up to a mile i u believe the lit.. my experience is about 300yds)

when programming a DBall for RSR it gives u the option for a range extender remote pkg.. jus choose a remote and add the XL202 module then your good to go..
Old 09-26-12, 10:43 AM
tlee6
Driver School Candidate

So I would purchase the DBall and XL202 from Xpresskits web page. Then I would need an antenna and a remote. Or would my existing antenna be used for this application. If I use my existing antenna for the remote start extender will that create an issue with my OEM remote with all the other functions it controls? If I need to buy an antenna which do you recommend. Also which remote to you recommend if all I need is to start the vehicle. Where can I purchase the antenna and remote or just the remote if I use my OEM antenna?
Old 09-26-12, 11:15 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Looks like a pretty cool mod. It would be a great addition to the AZ Summer heat. You would be able to get that AC cranking before you get into the car

Quick Reply: New Dei (aka Viper brands) remote start add on!!