LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

"Rarity" of fully loaded LS460L's

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-12, 03:57 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Nice find but it has exec seating. I want everything minus that. Appreciate the good look tho
Actually I take that back..they fudged the description!! Thanks..I'm on it right now!!
Old 07-24-12, 04:22 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Doesn't look like it has rear seat entertainment but it looks like it has rear seat massagers.
Old 07-24-12, 05:46 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by PRESIDENTE
Did you see this one??? Looks like it has a lot on your wish list....

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...20590918&Log=0
It's funny, I actually stumbled upon this car today while searching, but I saw the words executive seating and didn't bother clicking on the pictures. I should of known better that these non lexus dealers don't know a damn thing about these packages and just say whatever. I did my homework digging in the service records and looking at carfax, etc. Couple things concern me. 1) This car has been for sale since about April...this car should of sold a long time ago. 2) there is a 2 year gap in service records shortly after purchase to right when the car was at this dealership. It could of sat while someone was deployed in the military, while someone was locked up, or someone had the hookup on oil changes and it never got entered. Could of also been maintained but by a shop that doesn't feed in to the database....maybe worse, perhaps it was wrecked and fixed on the sly. Hard to say. But, it is being sold at a big dealership and a lexus dealer is nearby so I can have it inspected. On the surface it looks good, but those two things are flags for me and my hunches have always been on point. I saw two "appeared to be mint" white LS600hL's and both of them had major Joan Rivers surgery and two service advisors telling me to run far away from those. I have a bad feeling about this one...it should not be on the lot for nearly 4 months now! Damn I wish I had an AutoCheck by Experian acccount..
Attached Thumbnails "Rarity" of fully loaded LS460L's-2010lssvchist.jpg   "Rarity" of fully loaded LS460L's-2010lexcarfax.jpg  

Last edited by CJITTY; 07-24-12 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-24-12, 05:54 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by patgilm
Doesn't look like it has rear seat entertainment but it looks like it has rear seat massagers.
It states it has Rear DVD in the description on AutoTrader
Old 07-24-12, 06:33 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
It states it has Rear DVD in the description on AutoTrader
I saw that but figured it was wrong since its says it has the exec package and wood trimmed table which it doesn't have either. You should call and find out. The records thing may not be a big deal, my first LS didn't have any service records because the owner owned the Toyota dealer I bought it from and they did all of the work for him and didn't record it in the system.
Old 07-24-12, 08:05 PM
PRESIDENTE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that 2yr gap definitely bothers me too... Hookup or not 22,000 miles of undocumented service is not a good look :-/ I'd like to feel comfortable spending $50+ on any car purchase!!! Besides, I've had the hookup @ Audi with my A8, and BMW with my 750 and all my services were documented.... As you said before, it's been there for 4 months and as rare as this car is with these options, we should still be in search of it
Old 07-25-12, 07:14 AM
CJITTY

Well, my gut once again proved to be dead on. The car in MO we have been talking about has HAIL DAMAGE. Dealer estimates on a scale of 1-10, 10 being worst that it is level 4. He said he would fix hail and do the car for $54K...needless to say, I'm OUT! Then he starts bashing the 600 hybrid after I told him I could get a CPO hybrid right now for about $52K.

I don't know about you all, but we all know the car biz is shady and you MUST do your homework. I wonder if we can start a problematic VIN thread to report issues like this to make sure our fellow members don't get screwed on hidden issues. This is the 4th LS i have researched that had issues not made public. Not sure if the mods would allow it, but it would be cool to post a VIN, the issue and post the source of the info...

The search continues....
Old 07-25-12, 03:41 PM
iamcandyca
Rookie

yea u reallllllllly gotta search and search! and never go against ur gut! ppl lie to make money alllll day! i got ripped off on the 2008 gs i got from a private seller! took it to the dealer and the service ppl vouched for it! but it was crap! was at the service center WEEKLY!!!!! i got rid of it! and got a GREAT LS from a real dealership with REAL RECORDS and i feel a lot better knowing that i got wtf i paid for! don't save a few dollars when you are spending THOUSANDS!!!! buy all the lil online VIN check programs you can! its pennies compared to what you will end of paying if you get a bad car!
Old 07-25-12, 07:56 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by iamcandyca
yea u reallllllllly gotta search and search! and never go against ur gut! ppl lie to make money alllll day! i got ripped off on the 2008 gs i got from a private seller! took it to the dealer and the service ppl vouched for it! but it was crap! was at the service center WEEKLY!!!!! i got rid of it! and got a GREAT LS from a real dealership with REAL RECORDS and i feel a lot better knowing that i got wtf i paid for! don't save a few dollars when you are spending THOUSANDS!!!! buy all the lil online VIN check programs you can! its pennies compared to what you will end of paying if you get a bad car!
Damn u got some brains too!!! Lol. Seriously u make a lot of sense your dead on it!!!!
Old 07-25-12, 10:56 PM
toddz
10th Gear

looking for a 2008 460L
No black ext or int
would love to have rear TV
Help
Old 07-26-12, 02:38 PM
Aychdot
Driver School Candidate

CJITTY, I went to visit your car today. They have gotten the hail dents out of it except for a couple small and really unnoticable ones on the metal trim rails above the doors on the roof. Paint condition was ok but it is overcast right now and I didn't see it in the sun. Seem as someone does have a deposit on it. I don't know what the price was on it and I didn't ask. But if it has all of the bells and whistles that you want and the price is right, it may not be so bad to rethink this one.

Last edited by Aychdot; 07-26-12 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-26-12, 03:20 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Will this one work? No rear DVD though.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Never mind....accident reported.

Last edited by GoHuskers; 07-26-12 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-26-12, 05:14 PM
CJITTY

[QUOTE=Aychdot;7382903]CJITTY, I went to visit your car today. They have gotten the hail dents out of it except for a couple small and really unnoticable ones on the metal trim rails above the doors on the roof. Paint condition was ok but it is overcast right now and I didn't see it in the sun. Seem as someone does have a deposit on it. I don't know what the price was on it and I didn't ask. But if it has all of the bells and whistles that you want and the price is right, it may not be so bad to rethink this one.

[/
QUOTE]

Hey good looking out..some suspect items remain on this car..especially lack of any svc history. Price was high, especially for hail damage and it took dude 5-10 min of me asking questions before piping up about the hail...I'm working a deal on another one right now but I'm adding "140" to the model number ..hopefully
Old 07-26-12, 05:18 PM
Falbz
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

^^^GL on the other car. What color combo
Old 07-26-12, 05:20 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
Will this one work? No rear DVD though.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Never mind....accident reported.
Y'all are awesome!!! I appreciate everyone trying to help me out. I could find out tomorrow if this CPO dealer takes my final offer

Quick Reply: "Rarity" of fully loaded LS460L's