LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Do you have a favorite parking spot at work for your 460?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-12, 07:55 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Do you have a favorite parking spot at work for your 460?

I for one hate parking next to anyone a fear of getting door dents and dings, the first owner could have cared less where he parked. When I first got my car it had dents from cars, hail and one nice grocery cart dent near the passenger side taillight. A good friend of mine dose paint less dent repair for a living fixed them for free a few months after I bought it. After he took the dents out I was back to my old parking strategy, getting that front parking spot or being close to the door means nothing to me.

-Park near a curb/median
-Park next to the handicap space with the big grid
-Park on the end at of a space with the grid (you see these at the malls)
-Park waaaay the hell out (pisses me off when I do this then some azzclown whose car looks like it has your-fault insurance parks next to me on purpose)
-Park next to mini vans with sliding doors (If all else fails)
-Valet (when no good options are left)

Kids are the biggest offenders denting cars, they swing doors out hard, fast and far as the door can go right into your car! I seen a hundred times, some parents say nothing to the kids others will yell at them for it then go about their business. Yes there are haters who will dent your car just caue they are haters seen that too. I know some people get bent all out of shape b/c I park out further, but walking never killed no one and most people who know me already know what time it is when we go out for lunch or whatever and I drive.

I got a feeling I’m not the only one here who watches where they park, here is my favorite spot at work, a space all alone next to two A/C units that cool off the elevator lobbies in the parking deck. Post your fave spot!
Attached Thumbnails Do you have a favorite parking spot at work for your 460?-parking-spot-1.jpg   Do you have a favorite parking spot at work for your 460?-parking-spot-2.jpg  
Old 05-21-12, 08:36 AM
OSU
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C'mon son!! Really!
Old 05-21-12, 09:15 AM
rico9803
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tee
I for one hate parking next to anyone a fear of getting door dents and dings, the first owner could have cared less where he parked. When I first got my car it had dents from cars, hail and one nice grocery cart dent near the passenger side taillight. A good friend of mine dose paint less dent repair for a living fixed them for free a few months after I bought it. After he took the dents out I was back to my old parking strategy, getting that front parking spot or being close to the door means nothing to me.

-Park near a curb/median
-Park waaaay the hell out (pisses me off when I do this then some azzclown whose car looks like it has your-fault insurance parks next to me on purpose)

Kids are the biggest offenders denting cars, they swing doors out hard, fast and far as the door can go right into your car! I seen a hundred times, some parents say nothing to the kids others will yell at them for it then go about their business. Yes there are haters who will dent your car just caue they are haters seen that too. I know some people get bent all out of shape b/c I park out further, but walking never killed no one and most people who know me already know what time it is when we go out for lunch or whatever and I drive.

I got a feeling I’m not the only one here who watches where they park, here is my favorite spot at work, a space all alone next to two A/C units that cool off the elevator lobbies in the parking deck. Post your fave spot!
Tell em why you mad son. LoL
On the real though, I feel you about having a parking strategy I'll post pictures of my favorite spot later.
Old 05-21-12, 10:07 AM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

This is how I park, in the handicap spot and away from the curb lol.

Old 05-21-12, 11:14 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Dang, I wish I could take a picture of my space, but I am in a controlled area and photos are not authorized. My space is outdoors and is an odd ball parking space with no spaces to the left or right, similar to Tee's...I like to walk so it is normally open..I do have a backup space that has zero cars around me, but much further...thinking about getting a motorcycle anyway..then, door dings are a thing of the past..just have to worry about someone knocking the bike over lol..more expensive than a door ding FTMFL
Old 05-21-12, 11:15 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Man, aint this about some BullSHHHHH here lmao...it don't get better than this...covered, wall to one side, HVAC on the other...mannnnn #hate #hate lmao

#theyShouldaNevaGaveYouEmployeesMunnnayyyy LMAO

Old 05-21-12, 12:42 PM
bleek300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tee

-Park near a curb/median

DAMMMMMMNNNNNNNNN BRO... I do the same exact thing!!! I couldn't have said it any better. Im bout to go outside and take a picture of my car, just so I can post it.
Old 05-21-12, 01:28 PM
bleek300
Driver School Candidate

Ignorant parking definitely will save you dents and dings. My girlfriend use to hate the way I parked until she got 2 dings in the same day, now she parks the same way!
Attached Thumbnails Do you have a favorite parking spot at work for your 460?-photo-1.jpg   Do you have a favorite parking spot at work for your 460?-photo-2.jpg  
Old 05-21-12, 02:50 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes, i park mine on an alignment rack:

Old 05-21-12, 02:54 PM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

my favorite spot to park is in the photobooth

Old 05-21-12, 02:57 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brianlin87
my favorite spot to park is in the photobooth

park the car at source interlink, then take the chopper to the office? yes
Old 05-21-12, 03:09 PM
Car Nut
Driver

Originally Posted by Tee

-Park near a curb/median

Totally agree with you. I do the same thing. I also don't park next to two door cars as the doors are longer. I also have the same experience with drivers who park right next to me even when I park way away from any one else.
Old 05-21-12, 04:31 PM
snoylekim
Rookie

..at home..in my garage .... I walk to work ..miss driving the 460 daily, but, hey ...
Old 05-21-12, 04:41 PM
GregCon
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I also work from home so my spot is in the garage near no other humans or their door dinging habits.

IME, kids are not the worst...it's just everybody.

My favorite is when I see a 'good' spot next to a curb. I park so my tires are almost touching the curb, leaving the widest margin possible on the passenger's side. Sure enough, I come out and some lummox has parked its car next to mine, centering his vehicle in the available space, not according to the lines. So, his tires are on the white line and my car is still subject to DDL (Door Dings by Lummoxes).

Then, I used to love having a company Taurus. Crowded parking lot, there's one space left and the jamoke who parked next to it did so such that his tires are the white line, or over it, and the available spot is super-tight. I'd park there and make it a point to get so close to his door he'd have to climb in the passenger side.
Old 05-21-12, 06:06 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

LMAO! Man thx to all who posted so far and showing I'm not the only who can be lil **** bout where we park our whips.

Originally Posted by cheez80
yes, i park mine on an alignment rack:

Dayum I heard of keeping an eye on your car but Cheez80 got em all beat! Lol!::

Quick Reply: Do you have a favorite parking spot at work for your 460?