LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Do you have a favorite parking spot at work for your 460?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-12, 08:04 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by GregCon
I also work from home so my spot is in the garage near no other humans or their door dinging habits.

IME, kids are not the worst...it's just everybody.

My favorite is when I see a 'good' spot next to a curb. I park so my tires are almost touching the curb, leaving the widest margin possible on the passenger's side. Sure enough, I come out and some lummox has parked its car next to mine, centering his vehicle in the available space, not according to the lines. So, his tires are on the white line and my car is still subject to DDL (Door Dings by Lummoxes).

Then, I used to love having a company Taurus. Crowded parking lot, there's one space left and the jamoke who parked next to it did so such that his tires are the white line, or over it, and the available spot is super-tight. I'd park there and make it a point to get so close to his door he'd have to climb in the passenger side.
Man..you are just like me..I Iove end spaces with the extra 15" between the black top and the curb...but there is always some ahzzhole who turns into the space and tires all on the line FTL
Old 05-21-12, 10:29 PM
MacLexN
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great strategy, seems as if some of us think alike ...

-Park near a curb/median
-Park next to the handicap space with the big grid
-Park on the end at of a space with the grid (you see these at the malls)
-Park waaaay the hell out (pisses me off when I do this then some azzclown whose car looks like it has your-fault insurance parks next to me on purpose)
-Park next to mini vans with sliding doors (If all else fails)
-Valet (when no good options are left)

It also helps if you have a spot that's RESERVED for you and you got to pick the spot.
Attached Thumbnails Do you have a favorite parking spot at work for your 460?-photo-1.jpg   Do you have a favorite parking spot at work for your 460?-photo-2.jpg  
Old 05-21-12, 10:37 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I park my car right under a security camera and 20-25 spots from the nearest car
Old 05-21-12, 11:39 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I park in between my bosses cars (Maserati & New launch edition CLS) Need to get a pick of it soon...
Old 05-22-12, 04:50 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2
I park in between my bosses cars (Maserati & New launch edition CLS) Need to get a pick of it soon...
That would be a nice pic and great spot between two other nice whips. Although not a guarantee parking in between two nice cars you won't get a dent, but since you know the owners it helps.
Old 05-22-12, 05:00 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by MacLexN
Great strategy, seems as if some of us think alike ...

-Park near a curb/median
-Park next to the handicap space with the big grid
-Park on the end at of a space with the grid (you see these at the malls)
-Park waaaay the hell out (pisses me off when I do this then some azzclown whose car looks like it has your-fault insurance parks next to me on purpose)
-Park next to mini vans with sliding doors (If all else fails)
-Valet (when no good options are left)

It also helps if you have a spot that's RESERVED for you and you got to pick the spot.
Funny how sometimes you think you may be the only one who does things others perceive as weird or make you think they are and you find out you are not different at all. Having your very own parking spot def helps props for that one.
Old 05-22-12, 05:46 PM
ghenley
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got to show my wife this thread. She thinks I'm crazy when I do this. And, when I get pissed off at some joker who parks next to me when there are plenty of other spaces available.

Greg
Old 05-23-12, 04:26 AM
bleek300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ghenley
I've got to show my wife this thread. She thinks I'm crazy when I do this. And, when I get pissed off at some joker who parks next to me when there are plenty of other spaces available.

Greg
Gotta show my GF too!
Old 05-23-12, 12:50 PM
Falbz
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Haha you guys are not crazy..............I park the same way with my LS

Everyone thinks I am crazy but I avoid the door dings!
Old 05-23-12, 01:01 PM
hoonunya
Pole Position

"Park on the end at of a space with the grid."

I guess I'm unusually careful as mine is a 2005 LS430 but no scratches or dings yet.
Old 05-23-12, 03:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ghenley

Greg
My wife knows already . When I pull into a lot even with my kids in the car she knows I am going to the very furthest part of the lot. The extra walking is good exercise and I always offer to drop her and the babies at the door but she always refuses and walks with me from BFE.
Old 05-24-12, 01:56 PM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like many, I park as far as I can from other cars.

5 years old, and no dings or bumps of any kind.

Funny, though, even though I always park far away, when I come back to the car, often times someone has parked right next to me!

HBH
Old 05-24-12, 02:40 PM
MacLexN
Rookie

Funny ... When I see another LS, I usually park close to them for the photo opp ... For me and them ... #whodoesthat
Old 05-24-12, 06:47 PM
ghenley
Rookie

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
My wife knows already . When I pull into a lot even with my kids in the car she knows I am going to the very furthest part of the lot. The extra walking is good exercise and I always offer to drop her and the babies at the door but she always refuses and walks with me from BFE.
My wife usually walks with me too. Unless it's raining.....

Greg
Old 08-12-12, 10:27 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Old thread, but I just snapped these pics, so I figured I'd chime in.

Indeed, my rules are:

(1) Park as far as possible
(2) Spots with no cars on either side are preferred
(3) Alternatively, columns, curbs or walls on one side are desired, so that I can get as close as possible are acceptable.

The first picture shows how close to the curb I get. The second one is in a lot where "far away" was not an option. Someone decided to park next to me and ignore the line... Unbelievable.

LOL! That's my wife's LX , which I personally parked as close to the LS as possible, leaving a nice 5 or so feet between the truck and the Accord that's right next to it (not as clear on the photo).
Attached Thumbnails Do you have a favorite parking spot at work for your 460?-img_2207.jpg   Do you have a favorite parking spot at work for your 460?-img_2196.jpg