LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The next LS redesign

Old 05-04-12, 02:19 PM
Mob4life
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default The next LS redesign

Good evening Club Lexus members! I just called Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria VA and one of the new car sales reps told me that the next LS will not be a completely redesigned vehicle. He said the car will be basically the same except for the spindle grille and a new navigation system. It will be released later on this year. I hope that the '13 LS will be much more than a spindle grille and new nav screen. What have the rest of the members heard???
Old 05-04-12, 02:44 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mob4life
Good evening Club Lexus members! I just called Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria VA and one of the new car sales reps told me that the next LS will not be a completely redesigned vehicle. He said the car will be basically the same except for the spindle grille and a new navigation system. It will be released later on this year. I hope that the '13 LS will be much more than a spindle grille and new nav screen. What have the rest of the members heard???
I haven't heard anything and haven't asked. Unlike many of you guys, I like to be surprised about new models.
As for thoughts about a new model, I really like the current LS. If all they change is the grill, that works for me. I just hope they do it better than the one on the GS.
Old 05-04-12, 03:06 PM
MarkGS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mob4life
I heard basically the same thing; although my salesman didn't say anything about the Nav. I asked if it would potentially have the HUD that the new GS has or the wider Nav screen. My salesman didn't think so. He said it wouldn't be a new generation, but instead a "refresh" on the model. That's about all I gained from the brief conversation.

I ended up getting a very good deal on a 2012 LS 460 Sport. It is a totally awesome car. This coming from a person who has also enjoyed owning last 2 generations of GS V8 models after starting out with a 97 ES300.

Also, I personally believe sales reps often times misinterpret pre-release information. However, since we both heard similar things, I think we can give some credance to the rumor.

Did your salesman say what Nav changes were coming?

BTW - my information came from a dealership in Houston
Old 05-04-12, 03:48 PM
Mob4life
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

He didn't tell me what changes will occur to the nav. I have a ls430 and was going to trade it in for '13 LS. I guess I gotta wait to see how the next LS looks before I pull the trigger. Otherwise I might as well get a '11 or '12 model.
Old 05-04-12, 03:57 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Let's not start a new thread about this topic. There are a total of three now and this one makes # four, I ask that members start using the search feature to avoid multiple threads discussing the same subject thx!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...hlight=2013+LS

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...hlight=2013+LS

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...new-grill.html

Please post new replies in the thread below. (Car Chat forum)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...s-stories.html