LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Could you guys help a CL lady out?

Old 02-26-12, 01:19 PM
brmcvay
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Could you guys help a CL lady out?

Do any of you guys know what the factory stereo speaker size openings are throughout an 07 LS460?
I have a few rattling/blown speakers and have decided that Im going to install a custom audio system. Im having trouble finding this information.
And Yes I deserve special attention because im a lady haha jk
Old 02-26-12, 01:39 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I dont know if you should get special attention, specially when your LS is one of the better looking ones on here. . Kidding as well.

Not sure if you have the ML or not but when mines was looked over, here's what my audio guy came up with.

4" and tweeters across the dash
6x9 in the front doors
6.5, 4, tweeter in rear doors
4" and tweeter in rear pillars
8" sub in middle of deck

If I remember correctly, youre in florida. There are a lot of good shops in the Orlando/Kissimmee area that will do a nice install but I just went with a sub upgrade along with the front door speakers. Kept the ML amp on the smaller speakers and a Kicker amp for the 12" L7.
Old 02-26-12, 02:08 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

305Busa...do you have the ML? The 12" L7 is in the trunk or mounted in the existing sub area? How does it sound?
Old 02-26-12, 04:54 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Calling Shibumi1 ..I repeat..calling Shibumi1,customer waiting on line 1
Old 02-26-12, 05:35 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brmcvay
Do any of you guys know what the factory stereo speaker size openings are throughout an 07 LS460?
I have a few rattling/blown speakers and have decided that Im going to install a custom audio system. Im having trouble finding this information.
And Yes I deserve special attention because im a lady haha jk
Hello, Young Lady and Welcome to Club Lexus:

To assist you in your search for Audio Nirvana with your LS460, several members have already composed detailed threads to help you along.

1) The first is by 305Busa: Aftermarket 6x9 door speaker install (pics)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...tall-pics.html

2) The second is by cmasten: audio upgrade (Premium) - This is quite long and detailed.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...e-premium.html

3) and lastly … .by ghostpilot: 2007 LS460 Audio Upgrade

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...o-upgrade.html

We hope these prove to be of significant help to you.
Mikey Lulejian – Lake Oconee, GA
Old 02-26-12, 06:25 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Calling Shibumi1 ..I repeat..calling Shibumi1,customer waiting on line 1
thanks for calling... this is Shibumi1 how may i help.... what model audio system do u have? ML or Premium??

i may have seen this awesome ride in person @ the Goodroads open house a few weeks back... to my surprise i saw a lovely lady jump into the drivers seat.... KUDOS on that.. keep u the good work

from what i've found it appears that 305Busa is right on the ML system. if u have premium system then the 4'' become 3.4" and the 6x9 become 6.5's as well as a 10'' sub instead of an 8"..

Last edited by Shibumi1; 02-26-12 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-26-12, 10:09 PM
brmcvay
Rookie

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
thanks for calling... this is Shibumi1 how may i help.... what model audio system do u have? ML or Premium??

i may have seen this awesome ride in person @ the Goodroads open house a few weeks back... to my surprise i saw a lovely lady jump into the drivers seat.... KUDOS on that.. keep u the good work

from what i've found it appears that 305Busa is right on the ML system. if u have premium system then the 4'' become 3.4" and the 6x9 become 6.5's as well as a 10'' sub instead of an 8"..
WOW! Its a small world. Yes that was me and my man. Lol Did you like the way he just pulled up in the middle of everything and just started his own little car show area. Hahaha
Yes we had a good time. He owns a wheel/tire co. Called Autophysique. He has a black 460L that is in Lauderdale as we speak being fitted as the worlds first on 26" Forgiato Andatas. He had my 24" Ottos on his to get his measurements and his "L" model had around 2" more overall clearance. But unfortunately the fenders still have to be modified. All i know is its gonna have to be perfect meaning no fender gap/4x4 crap and a flawless radius on the fenders. Cant wait to do the Autophysique profile here on CL. Im sure many will hate on it as they did mine but its going to stir up his youtube chnnl in a good way
Oh lol Sound System! Thank you so much everybody for those links and info. Thats great 6x9 & 6.5 - 4" wow! My last car was a BMW 745Li and that rolling trash can had like 100 4" speakers??! :/ ?? Im like what? Why? Lol
Anyhow thank you all and ill ttyl! God Bless
Old 02-26-12, 10:18 PM
brmcvay
Rookie

Originally Posted by mikey100
hello, young lady and welcome to club lexus:

To assist you in your search for audio nirvana with your ls460, several members have already composed detailed threads to help you along.

1) the first is by 305busa: aftermarket 6x9 door speaker install (pics)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...tall-pics.html

2) the second is by cmasten: audio upgrade (premium) - this is quite long and detailed.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...e-premium.html

3) and lastly … .by ghostpilot: 2007 ls460 audio upgrade

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...o-upgrade.html

we hope these prove to be of significant help to you.
Mikey lulejian – lake oconee, ga
thank you so much ))))
Old 02-26-12, 10:26 PM
brmcvay
Rookie

Originally Posted by 305Busa
I dont know if you should get special attention, specially when your LS is one of the better looking ones on here. . Kidding as well.

Not sure if you have the ML or not but when mines was looked over, here's what my audio guy came up with.

4" and tweeters across the dash
6x9 in the front doors
6.5, 4, tweeter in rear doors
4" and tweeter in rear pillars
8" sub in middle of deck

If I remember correctly, youre in florida. There are a lot of good shops in the Orlando/Kissimmee area that will do a nice install but I just went with a sub upgrade along with the front door speakers. Kept the ML amp on the smaller speakers and a Kicker amp for the 12" L7.
Thanks Busa! This is great news that i can put real speakers in without having to build custom door panels unlike the 745 i had that was a bunch of 4" speakers.
Im looking for a clean install so id like to find a real powerful 5ch amp that can run 2 component sets and 2 strong 12" subs. Im leaving all the factory electronics as they are and going around them. Dont want to ever go through the nightmare of trying to integrate again!
Old 02-27-12, 03:20 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nat
305Busa...do you have the ML? The 12" L7 is in the trunk or mounted in the existing sub area? How does it sound?
Nat, the ML is mounted in a box with a beauty board. The oem sub was removed and really small holes were drilled into the trunk panels that cover the back so that the sub can vent in.
Old 02-27-12, 03:30 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Brmcvay, not sure which system you have but if you're replacing the ML with aftermarket, make sure the speakers you replace are either the same size or slightly smaller than oem. I found out the oem systems speakers are angles so that the reflect around the entire car. Like the tweeters up front are angled slightly forward and to the side so they bounce off the windshield. I head an LS with a full system and it sounded like the sound of each spesker was coming from that particular speaker as opposed to the factory system that makes the front sound like a stage. Hard to tell where the sound is comin from.
Old 02-27-12, 10:11 AM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brmcvay
thank you so much ))))
"And Yes I deserve special attention because im a lady haha jk"

I just kinda figgered after reading wut ya wrote originally, I HAD to it !
Oh yeah ........ j/k ..... LOL !
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA