LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

driver seat slide away feature

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-11, 05:01 AM
tucker21
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default driver seat slide away feature

so i've been really considering spending the extra $$$ and getting a 2010 LS as i really want the sport model.
as i've been obsessively reading about the 2010 model one feature that i keep coming across but not really ever understanding how it actually works is the driver seat slide away function that makes ingress/egress easier.

i understand what the purpose/end result is but i am just curious what the seat actually does to make getting in and out so much easier?

does it just move back?
i know this is prolly a silly question, but it has been bugging me and the nearest dealer with 2010+ models to test drive is over 60miles away so while i'm obv planning on test driving one and finding out all this info before i purchase, in the meantime was just wondering if anyone had any info.
google has not been helpful.

cheers.
Old 10-12-11, 08:27 AM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

When the car is in park and you turn off the ignition, the seat goes back and the steering wheel rises automatically.
When you enter the car and turn on the ignition, the seat, steering wheel and outside mrrors automatically adjust to the settings saved in the door buttons marked 1 or 2 or 3. This way you can save several position setting for yourself or up to three people.
Old 10-12-11, 03:12 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

ah ok thanks.
Old 10-13-11, 01:07 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And the feature works REALLY well.

Well designed and functioning.

Think you'll enjoy it also.

Mikey
Lake Oconee, GA
Old 10-13-11, 09:42 PM
Strad6708
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2010 and can attest to the usefulness of the feature. I should clarify, however, that the feature is not activated by the ignition button. Rather, it is activated by fastening/unfastening the seat belt. When you get into the car, the seat moves into the stored position upon fastening the seat belt, even if the ignition is still off. When you turn the car off, the seat does not move into the exit position until you unfasten the seat belt. In the customization menu in the nav screen, you can turn off the exit feature, as well as set it for partial exit or full exit (determines how far back the seat moves). It's a feature I appreciate.
Old 10-14-11, 03:36 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

How do you access the customization menu?
Old 10-14-11, 04:04 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
How do you access the customization menu?
that's only for after 2010 models, i think. if your sig is accurate, you drive a 2009 which has the gen 5 nav, which doesn't have the ability to set these kinds of things. i'm in the same boat as you T.T
Old 11-21-11, 02:30 AM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

hi guys, how to set the driver seat to slide back when turn off the ignition..................... right now only the steering wheel rise up.

thanks
Old 11-21-11, 06:45 AM
gs400jon
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Strad6708
I have a 2010 and can attest to the usefulness of the feature. I should clarify, however, that the feature is not activated by the ignition button. Rather, it is activated by fastening/unfastening the seat belt. When you get into the car, the seat moves into the stored position upon fastening the seat belt, even if the ignition is still off. When you turn the car off, the seat does not move into the exit position until you unfasten the seat belt. In the customization menu in the nav screen, you can turn off the exit feature, as well as set it for partial exit or full exit (determines how far back the seat moves). It's a feature I appreciate.
This is the way it works on my LS. I had the seat set to make a partial move back for exiting. BTW, the GX has the same feature, also initiated by seat belt connect or disconnect.
Old 11-21-11, 08:24 AM
slam_w2k
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nick2JZ
hi guys, how to set the driver seat to slide back when turn off the ignition..................... right now only the steering wheel rise up.

thanks
My 2007 seat don't move back either? it's something I have the set or it's broken?
Old 11-21-11, 08:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

only 2010+ i believe
Old 11-21-11, 11:17 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Can you even find the 2010 sport. I thought there were only a couple of hundred of them
Old 11-24-11, 06:12 PM
MikeE12345
Pole Position

The driver’s seat and steering wheel slide-away can be set using the personalised settings. On the 2011 LS460 (and probably 2010) this can be done by the owner using the Navi for the seat only. For some unknown reason Lexus leaves the steering wheel away setting accessible only to dealers. In any case for the seat the options are OFF/PARTIAL/FULL and for the steering wheel ON or OFF. I love this feature and have both set to ON and Full.
Old 05-28-16, 07:55 AM
vseidita
Driver School Candidate

Default How to turn off Easy Access Feature

Originally Posted by Strad6708
Several messages have indicated this feature can be turned off or modified to move the seat back less. All of my groceries that I put behind the driver seat are being crushed. Please share how you can turn this thing off!
Old 05-31-16, 09:27 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by vseidita
Several messages have indicated this feature can be turned off or modified to move the seat back less. All of my groceries that I put behind the driver seat are being crushed. Please share how you can turn this thing off!
On the 2012+ models, you go to "vehicle settings/vehicle customization" in the menu screen, and there should be an option for easy exit, ON, OFF, or PARTIAL. Please consult the owner's manual for details. It's very easy to set.

I found the seat-slide back a bit annoying and inactivated it. Especially because my teenage son sits behind me and the slide back used to "crush" his legs in the 2012 SWB! Not an issue with the LWB I now have, but I still have it PARTIAL/OFF (not sure which). I like the steering wheel moving out of the way though.

Quick Reply: driver seat slide away feature