LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

08" Ls460L - I want to have Ipod access in my car - whats best magul?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-11, 09:58 AM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08" Ls460L - I want to have Ipod access in my car - whats best magul?

Old 05-22-11, 11:47 AM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ramik80
Do not search any longer:

My iPod touch in my 2008 LS600hL is connected with the Vaistech MedialinQ Plus adapter. It is simply great: Cristal clear digital sound from iPod, iPhone or an USB stick. Plays the iPod videos or you can also connect a camera or a TV tuner.
MedialinQ Plus (MLP) can bypass the I agree button and can play videos while driving if this is legal in your country.
I located the MPL in the compartment as there is no chance in the glove box except you remove the user manual. A good idea is to read that book and copy the mp3 files on the iPod. With correct titles you can ask your iPod how to exchange the bulbs Do not expect the Apple toy will do that job for you ...LOL...
Old 05-22-11, 06:11 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

How much did you pay? did you buy it directly from the website? Who installed it for you? Thanks for all your help!
Old 05-22-11, 06:37 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

How much did you pay? did you buy it directly from the website? Who installed it for you? Thanks for all your help!

Last edited by Ramik80; 05-23-11 at 12:13 AM. Reason: duplicate
Old 05-23-11, 11:16 AM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

Can someone help me with this?

Would the dealership be able to install this? If so, how much?

Would you recommend a different installer in NYC area....?

Thanks
Old 05-23-11, 11:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

ml+ does NOT work for ls460 with mark levinson yet. at least not on all ls460 with different options

if you want just ipod audio and don't care about video, sl2i-up and vml are what you should consider

i don't know installer in nyc area, maybe worth talking to vaistech about it. but i can vouch for vaistech products, fantastic stuff. have done so many of them and they work great
Old 05-23-11, 01:07 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
ml+ does NOT work for ls460 with mark levinson yet. at least not on all ls460 with different options

if you want just ipod audio and don't care about video, sl2i-up and vml are what you should consider

i don't know installer in nyc area, maybe worth talking to vaistech about it. but i can vouch for vaistech products, fantastic stuff. have done so many of them and they work great
My ML+ is fully working on the LS600hL which has all available options including Mark Levinson. Correct, ML+ of Vaistech is absolutely the right product. I would call Vaistech or send questions to info@vaistech.com to buy the right version.

Installation is at least easy and I did it by myself: There are 4 screws to remove only. Radio has two of them and there is no need to remove the nav screen. If there is no picture here at clublexus we have to open a thread describing all.
Old 05-23-11, 01:16 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Please see also my reply to rominl.
Yes, I bought it directly from vaistech.com. The website includes price information. I did all by myself but I'm sure more or less every Lexus workshop is able to do it. It comes with all cables and in Lexus quality.
Old 05-23-11, 02:09 PM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ordered VML (without video). Just to be sure I don't run into back-up camera issues.
Old 05-23-11, 02:47 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JFNash
Ordered VML (without video). Just to be sure I don't run into back-up camera issues.
VML is a brilliant audio solution, cristal clear sound and bypass of I agree button. So, it is all about the right version, with or without video.
Old 05-23-11, 02:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by whitetooth
My ML+ is fully working on the LS600hL which has all available options including Mark Levinson. Correct, ML+ of Vaistech is absolutely the right product. I would call Vaistech or send questions to info@vaistech.com to buy the right version.

Installation is at least easy and I did it by myself: There are 4 screws to remove only. Radio has two of them and there is no need to remove the nav screen. If there is no picture here at clublexus we have to open a thread describing all.
like i said, not all ls460/600 work. i have done installation where the rear camera when in reverse is messed up. as far as i know they are still trying to resolve that. but at the same time i also know in some other ls460 it works.

looking at your location, if that's true, you don't even have a us spec vehicle. that can make a lot of difference
Old 05-23-11, 06:27 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
looking at your location, if that's true, you don't even have a us spec vehicle. that can make a lot of difference
that guy got my hopes up hahaha
Old 05-23-11, 06:31 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rominl, you seem to know a lot about this stuff..

I'm looking into sl2i-up and VML right now.. I'm thinking I'll go the VML route just to have the USB connection as well. Is it a more difficult installation, though? I'm thinking about doing the install myself.. If it's more involved, than I should just stick with the sl2i-up..

Are there any details online that cover the installation? I'm really curious about whether or not I should start opening things up or not. I'm guessing my Lexus dealer won'd do it for me, so......
Old 05-23-11, 08:18 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys - just bought a $9 aux in/out wire for my iphone from radio shack....was wondering if the sound quality will be the same or better if i go with the viastech route.... much help please....
Old 05-23-11, 10:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
Rominl, you seem to know a lot about this stuff..

I'm looking into sl2i-up and VML right now.. I'm thinking I'll go the VML route just to have the USB connection as well. Is it a more difficult installation, though? I'm thinking about doing the install myself.. If it's more involved, than I should just stick with the sl2i-up..

Are there any details online that cover the installation? I'm really curious about whether or not I should start opening things up or not. I'm guessing my Lexus dealer won'd do it for me, so......
the installation is actually the same between the two, you access the same harnesses, programming process the same. the only difference is the size of the brain itself. the sl2i-up is smaller, easier to hide. the vml is larger so you need to be a little more creative in hiding it behind the carpet or somewhere else.

between sl2i-up and vml, it really depends on what you want. if you want just ipod (and only ipod), most people think the sl2i-up is more than enough (most people i deal with love it). but if you want the flexibility to use usb drives, and/or if you care about the best quality digital sound, then vml is the no brainer

Hey guys - just bought a $9 aux in/out wire for my iphone from radio shack....was wondering if the sound quality will be the same or better if i go with the viastech route.... much help please....
it's not even comparable. the aux cable is horrible on sound quality. not to mention you need to control everything through the ipod still. vaistech units give you full control of ipod from the radio / steering wheel.

Quick Reply: 08" Ls460L - I want to have Ipod access in my car - whats best magul?