LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Had to update my wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-11, 05:24 PM
Elvis@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, hardly any tire. Looks good though!
Old 06-15-11, 07:11 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by adamls2
I think 24's are too big for my taste but you definitely pulled it off, so how did you do the taillights?
The tails have a tint overlay but it's pretty thick and seems to have a shiny appearance. Not just cheap tint and won't fade. At least, that's what I hope. I cut the slots out for the reverse lights.
Old 06-24-11, 10:55 AM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very very nice..car looks ****
Old 06-27-11, 06:23 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

very clean and classy
Old 06-27-11, 06:39 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I likes. I'd seen the white one when I was looking for wheels but they didnt look staggered at all and I didnt want that. I might go ahead with a set of 24s and keep my 22s since I can raise and lower mines on command.
Old 06-28-11, 11:52 AM
OSU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 305Busa
I likes. I'd seen the white one when I was looking for wheels but they didnt look staggered at all and I didnt want that. I might go ahead with a set of 24s and keep my 22s since I can raise and lower mines on command.
I know. I had the Vossen 82s but didn't like how they sat. Don't get me wrong, Vossen makes a good one piece wheel, but I wanted the rims to look like they fit the car perfectly, and Forgiato definitely has some. It's not for everyone, but it looks good.
Old 06-28-11, 12:38 PM
Toto8
Rookie

Where did you get the tint for the back lights and did you install them? Thanx..
Old 06-28-11, 12:42 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2
I think 24's are too big for my taste but you definitely pulled it off, so how did you do the taillights?
I disagree he "pulled it off". I had to look at several times, but each time I got the same reaction. The first feeling everytime was that they look so big. Doesn't look bad but just a tad too big. Dude must be riding on no rubber.
Old 06-28-11, 02:37 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah I have noticed that in the last 10 years or so this thing about having SUV sized wheels on cars became a trend. I'm not old and and I ask... why? Taste is subjective I know, but IMHO the LS460 can look very nice up to 20" wheels. The tire's side wall actually helps to enhance its stance instead of pulling all the attention to the wheels.

To each his/her own, but with all due respect those look way too "pimpy". While the wheel design is classy, their size is ridiculous, makes the car look like a matchbox/hotwheels design.
Old 06-28-11, 08:31 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

all u guys spending all this money on bigger wheels.... have any of you done a brake upgrade? just curious.. its funny to me when i see these cars & trunks w 24's an up w/factory brakes...

things that make you go Hmmmm!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Had to update my wheels-1988_host_arsenio4.jpg  
Old 06-28-11, 11:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
all u guys spending all this money on bigger wheels.... have any of you done a brake upgrade? just curious.. its funny to me when i see these cars & trunks w 24's an up w/factory brakes...

my ls460l had 22s and upgraded brakes to brembo

gs400 with 20s and upgraded to ap racing
sc430 with 20s and upgraded to stoptech
gs350 with 20s and upgraded to project u

i am with you, bigger brakes are needed
Old 06-29-11, 11:26 AM
OSU
Pole Position

Well, I'm not going hmmmm!!!!I actually upgraded my rotors to cross drilled slotted and the brake pads as well when I originally had my Vossen's on so the braking is excellent. I also have about the same amount of tire I had on my Vossen's and they are not rubber bands. It's funny to me when I see large sedans with 20s on them, just too small in my opinion, but that's exactly what this what most of this forum is, opinion.
Old 06-29-11, 11:27 AM
OSU
Pole Position

Oops, meant to quote you too. Brakes and rotors have been upgraded awhile ago. Any other questions?
Old 06-29-11, 07:34 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

no i actually like the wheels.. i jus hate seeing the performance sacrificed for the sake of big wheels..

as far as opinion... i was a passenger in a friends car (more wheel than sense) & oem brakes.. long story short i have a steel rod in my rt femur bcuz the car couldnt stop in time..

SO BRAKES SAVE LIVES!!!!! IMHO or at least legs in this situation
Old 06-29-11, 11:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

no i actually like the wheels.. i jus hate seeing the performance sacrificed for the sake of big wheels..

as far as opinion... i was a passenger in a friends car (more wheel than sense) & oem brakes.. long story short i have a steel rod in my rt femur bcuz the car couldnt stop in time..

SO BRAKES SAVE LIVES!!!!! IMHO or at least legs in this situation
sorry to hear your experience seems like your friend stopped short, not sure if bbk will help unless it was brake fade. big brakes most of the time don't shorten braking distance. but they reduce the chances of brake fade after long trips or repeated braking (which cause the rotors to overheat).

Quick Reply: Had to update my wheels