LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Bluetooth Pairing + Phonebook Sync

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-11, 12:18 PM
Liquidretr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Pairing + Phonebook Sync

Just picked up an 08 460L with navigation and was looking to sync my Motorola Droid X. I have successfully paired the phone for voice communications using the instructions in the manual but when I go to transfer my phone book the car just says transferring. I left this for about 10 minutes and no numbers moved. The phone says Paired for audio is this would be my guess as to why this isnt working. Any tips to get my numbers imported?
Old 04-18-11, 12:33 PM
marky2mark
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Liquidretr
Just picked up an 08 460L with navigation and was looking to sync my Motorola Droid X. I have successfully paired the phone for voice communications using the instructions in the manual but when I go to transfer my phone book the car just says transferring. I left this for about 10 minutes and no numbers moved. The phone says Paired for audio is this would be my guess as to why this isnt working. Any tips to get my numbers imported?
Go into android market, download free program "Bluetooth file transfer". Once you pair the phone and the car is ready to receive contacts, go into the program on the phone, hit menu --> more --> send contacts.
The following users liked this post:
Fixitrod (05-20-17)
Old 04-18-11, 12:53 PM
Liquidretr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by marky2mark
Go into android market, download free program "Bluetooth file transfer". Once you pair the phone and the car is ready to receive contacts, go into the program on the phone, hit menu --> more --> send contacts.
Thanks I will get that a try tonight.
Old 05-01-12, 03:14 PM
richardhei
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Liquidretr
Thanks I will get that a try tonight.
Thanks! Worked Great.
Old 05-01-12, 03:17 PM
richardhei
Driver School Candidate

Thanks much. Worked Great!!
Old 05-01-12, 04:24 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

My iPhone never di as well. I just pick up the phone and press the contact name from the phone and let the system dial
Old 05-01-12, 08:08 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

The BFT app works great, just tried it and worked great..thanks for the info!
Old 05-02-12, 05:09 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
My iPhone never di as well. I just pick up the phone and press the contact name from the phone and let the system dial
I've never had a problem transferring contacts from my 3gs or 4s in either my now departed 2010 Sport or my current 2011 LS. Just pair the phone and hit transfer contacts. Transferred almost 1,000 contacts in matter of minutes. I believe I read in a post awhile ago that the pre-2010 models have issues with the i-phone contact transfer that the refreshed models don't.
Old 06-17-12, 05:30 AM
AngelEye
Driver School Candidate

Worked like a charm, thanks!
Old 06-17-12, 12:07 PM
phenomeno
Driver

Worked perfect for my AT&T samsung galaxy II skyrocket. Thanks!
Old 07-30-13, 04:01 PM
mdonnel
Driver School Candidate

Thank you so much marky2mark. I spent about an hour trying to get my phonebook to transfer to my "new" Lexus. I downloaded a Bluetooth file transfer app and my information transferred like a dream. -Mona
Old 08-01-13, 07:03 PM
mmartin252
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2012 LS460 and an iPhone5. When I try to transfer contacts to car (since the car does not seem to update new contact upon pairing) I get e message that Bluetooth device is connected and do I want to disconnect. When I say yes, I am no longer connect to vehicle via Bluetooth. I've given up trying to update contacts.
Old 08-02-13, 07:31 AM
sleekmr3
Driver

thanks marky2mark- Bluetooth file transfer worked like a charm for my android.

Just a side note I was having issues with with transferring all my cotnacts over. It was only transferring a few names over, but not the whole list. Under settings remember to uncheck the photo box, I think it was trying to transfer phone numbers and the thumbnail photo of the contact.
Old 08-02-13, 12:40 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

I can't seem to get mine to work either with my Galaxy S3. Tried sending single and multiple contacts, didn't work. I tried connecting to my device through the app and it says "Service not found. You can't connect with target device because it lacks of the 'object push profile'"
Old 08-05-13, 12:51 PM
mdonnel
Driver School Candidate

When you are in the blue tooth transfer app on you galaxy and it asks what you want to transfer, select more. From there it will give you phone book as an option. You can choose either the entire phone book or just a few. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Pairing + Phonebook Sync