LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Running Sub Power/Remote into trunk??

Old 03-10-11, 03:41 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i like your idea Busa of a LS Florida meet i have the SWB and my seats do not recline so does that make me a better canadate?? and might be easier since mine is the normal system....

BTW i might be in Daytona sometime this month for spring break (i go there a lot since im about an hour away)

im going to have my friend look at it (he has his own shop and ive known him for over 10 years now) or stop by best buy and see what they say...

im surprised theres no one on here who hasnt done this sort of thing yet...
Old 03-10-11, 05:52 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

i have the reclining seat.. so its goin to be a project...

a FL Lexus meet sounds like a good idea..

i'll def be in daytona next week jus deciding between sat or sun...
Old 03-11-11, 04:29 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

ok had some time this evening... pulled the seat but it looks like a wasted of time.. easier to pull the rear center console an drill a hole to feed the wire thru...

but i u must here goes:

put fingers under center cushion (in front) an after a deep breath.. pull straight up (HARD) plastic clip holding it is tight.. then it comes out.. at bottom of console are 2 bolts (12mm... all bolts 12mm fyi) then w a plastic pry tool or flat screw driver.. separate the 2 pieces under the center headrest to expose a few more bolts undo only the center bolt then upper headrest support comes out..(make sure u unplug the control cable before u remove it)

as for the rear seat move seat bottom to fully extended position..then between the upper and lower halves remove the 2 nuts... after nuts are out same deal as center cushion.... (deep breath) an pull straight up... cushion will come up... as for seat back after u unplug the harness connecting to bottom cushion.. slide the seat back up as high as u can the pull forward... and its out.....
Attached Thumbnails Running Sub Power/Remote into trunk??-p0003_110311.jpg   Running Sub Power/Remote into trunk??-p0007_110311.jpg   Running Sub Power/Remote into trunk??-p0005_110311.jpg   Running Sub Power/Remote into trunk??-p0006_110311.jpg   Running Sub Power/Remote into trunk??-p0009_110311.jpg  

Old 03-11-11, 04:37 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

more pics.. best place for hole is under ski hole between bolts above plug

sorry for low res pics phone memory is almost full... gotta get a new mem card
Attached Thumbnails Running Sub Power/Remote into trunk??-p0013_110311.jpg   Running Sub Power/Remote into trunk??-p0010_110311.jpg   Running Sub Power/Remote into trunk??-p0011_110311.jpg   Running Sub Power/Remote into trunk??-p0006_110311.jpg  
Old 03-11-11, 06:42 PM
CashOverAs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wowww. THanks for the pictures. this project is starting to stress me out. I REALLY dont want to start drilling holes. there's got to be a way to run a little 4 gauge wire without drilling.
Old 03-12-11, 05:06 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

it looks pretty tight.. there are some factory holes covered by black decals(none near the size of a 4awg wire) but i dont believe they go all they way thru.... trunk looks pretty sealed (which is a great thing)
but as far as i can see if u drill the whole an put a rubber grommet it wont cause any issues.. the only other option is to run the wire under the car an come up into the trunk that way... i'll put it up on a lift an post pics of that too.. but that maybe jus as involved (labor wise)
Old 03-13-11, 01:14 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

quick edit to seat removal.... the 3 seat cushions jus pull straight up... no unbolting needed... i didnt realize this til i was putting it back together.. (guess i was being extra cautious on removal)
Old 03-13-11, 04:00 PM
CashOverAs
Driver

I worked on this yesterday. I give up (for now).

I took the WHOLE trunk liner out. there's one wireloom on the passenger side of the trunk, that i'm sure feeds into the backseat some how but it's super tight and it's not like a straight feed into the back seat, it appears the loom does a twist and a turn so you cant feed the wire through with a hanger or anything.
Old 03-13-11, 05:00 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

we normally use a long wire/cable ties.. (36"long maybe 3$) home depot or lowes or electrical surplus store
Old 03-13-11, 08:56 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

all i have to say is :O

those pictures make me dizzy :S lolz
Old 03-29-11, 02:12 PM
jejagua
Driver

Default Sub Amp Install

I've got a mono sub amp and a 12" sub enclosure I'm interested in installing in my LS, similar to how I did in my IS. Has anyone tapped the factory sub leads with an LOC?

I have ML. Where is the factory amp? Anyone know of a walk-thru w/ wiring info?
Old 03-29-11, 04:58 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

factory ML amp is on the passenger side of the trunk (on the floor beneath the trim panel right of the spare tire..) u'll need a 10mm socket to remove the tie down latches an a flat head screw driver to pry up the clip.. the ground for the amp is a wht/blk an constant 12v is blk.. they are the heavier gauge wires in the plug closest to the wheel well.. the factory sub wire colors are (+/-)ea (black-yellow(1) & white-red(2))
Old 06-02-11, 08:08 PM
CashOverAs
Driver

Hi friends! I did this!! Finally. I gave up for a month or two but had a friend over the other day and said eff it. We messed with it together and it wasn't terrible.

We pulled the backseat bench out, and unbolted the back part of the rear seat.

Then we went into the trunk and removed the back of the trunk lining.

From there, we found two very small holes that had a black little sticker covering them in the back seat. He was able to shove his hand up the back seat and pass the power and remote wire through the hole and I fed it into the trunk. Not too bad at all once we found those small holes!

My system is now working perfectly.
Old 06-02-11, 10:32 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CashOverAs
Hi friends! I did this!! Finally. I gave up for a month or two but had a friend over the other day and said eff it. We messed with it together and it wasn't terrible.

We pulled the backseat bench out, and unbolted the back part of the rear seat.

Then we went into the trunk and removed the back of the trunk lining.

From there, we found two very small holes that had a black little sticker covering them in the back seat. He was able to shove his hand up the back seat and pass the power and remote wire through the hole and I fed it into the trunk. Not too bad at all once we found those small holes!

My system is now working perfectly.
Niuce!! What did you end up installing?? And do you have pics of these 2 wholes your talking about??
Old 06-02-11, 10:50 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I recently tackled this over the memorial day weekend and I found a hole that is accessible through the trunk once all of the back seat is removed big enough to fit a 4 guage wire or bigger. remove wire can be picked up in the back as well by tapping into one of the acc wires that only gives 12 volts when the car is on (engine not running). just got take some time and look at the wiring diagram I got from tis, I figured the 15 dollar 2 day subcription was worth my time and patience.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Running Sub Power/Remote into trunk??