LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Weird Climate Control Problem

Old 01-12-10, 10:52 PM
Geremology101
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weird Climate Control Problem

I usually set my climate control to 78 degrees and leave it on Auto, but whenever I leave the car for more than 5 hours then the climate control somehow resets itself.

The "Auto" light would stay illuminated for about 15 seconds, then it turns off and "Air Conditioner Off" flashes on the Nav screen. Then when I press the "Auto" button again, the climate displays 75 degrees. This has happened everyday for the last 3 weeks or so. Am I the only one experiencing this?
Old 01-13-10, 12:20 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Geremology101
I usually set my climate control to 78 degrees and leave it on Auto, but whenever I leave the car for more than 5 hours then the climate control somehow resets itself.

The "Auto" light would stay illuminated for about 15 seconds, then it turns off and "Air Conditioner Off" flashes on the Nav screen. Then when I press the "Auto" button again, the climate displays 75 degrees. This has happened everyday for the last 3 weeks or so. Am I the only one experiencing this?
get it to the dealer...should be some error codes in computer...

I had resently changed heater computer, because it malfunctioned in some way, that all windows started to fog, and freeze from inside (as it was -10 Celcius)....computer showed some errors that heaters motors that control air flow for some reason had malfuntioned at that time...

so dealer didn't risked to wait for another time to have it malfuntion and changed computer, that controls heater...
Old 01-13-10, 12:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

something for the dealer to figure out i think
Old 07-27-10, 07:49 AM
bollywood2
Driver School Candidate

I have this exact issue. I am going to take it to the dealer. Will make update after going to dealer.
Old 07-27-10, 08:58 PM
Geremology101
Rookie

My outcome was https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...or-broken.html

Expensive issue!
Old 09-07-10, 10:20 AM
bollywood2
Driver School Candidate

My problem was with my installer of my Ipod unit which was wired to my glove compartment. The installer pulled the wiring thru the AC filter door. When the car started the AC door would try to close but could not. The result would be the AC would shut off, until I pressed the auto button again. I am going to get my money back from the installer. The dealer charged me two hours to re-route my wiring with clamps. The dealership probably spend a day figuring out the problem.....I think I got off easy with them only charging me two hours.
Old 09-07-10, 12:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow, that's pretty bad installation by the installer definitely get your money back!
Old 05-18-12, 04:04 PM
puppo420
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
wow, that's pretty bad installation by the installer definitely get your money back!
I had the same issue after replacing my LS460L cabin air filter.
As soon as you start the car, AUTO light would come on but no lights on recirc/auto/fresh air button. And the fan would not run and no driver/passenger temp display either. Looked like the whole climate control system was in a shutdown mode. After 15 seconds or so, climate control would come on resetted to 75 degrees and would forget my previous settings when I stopped the car. It was very easily reproduceable every time after I shut down and locked the car.
I had not broken the recirc/fresh door infront of the filter as I was very particular about it and read all the instructions before replacing the filter.

My fix was to take the filter out of its plastic casing and re-install it with "TOYOTA" "MADE IN USA" and "UP" printed on the filter to face the rear side of casing. Before it was towards the front side of casing. I had noticed it when I took the previous original filter out but did not think it would matter which way the filter goes as long as "UP" is actually pointing "UP".
Ironically the car has some sensitive sensors that detect may be the filter is not there I think. I re-installed it correctly and seated it above the blower pressing all four sides. Need skinny hands to get in the back of it. Since then its fixed and climate control works normally as before.
The following users liked this post:
DrQuality (12-06-22)
Old 12-29-12, 10:04 AM
bschleg2
Driver School Candidate

I am having the same problem but there is a clicking noise coming from the cabin filter area that continues until ac is reset.
Old 04-01-13, 10:11 AM
sleekmr3
Driver

sorry to bring up this old thread. I am having the clicking noise just like you bschleg2. Did you solve the problem?
Old 04-01-13, 10:16 AM
sleekmr3
Driver

Originally Posted by puppo420
As soon as you start the car, AUTO light would come on but no lights on recirc/auto/fresh air button. And the fan would not run and no driver/passenger temp display either. Looked like the whole climate control system was in a shutdown mode. After 15 seconds or so, climate control would come on resetted to 75 degrees and would forget my previous settings when I stopped the car. It was very easily reproduceable every time after I shut down and locked the car.
I had not broken the recirc/fresh door infront of the filter as I was very particular about it and read all the instructions before replacing the filter.

My fix was to take the filter out of its plastic casing and re-install it with "TOYOTA" "MADE IN USA" and "UP" printed on the filter to face the rear side of casing. Before it was towards the front side of casing. I had noticed it when I took the previous original filter out but did not think it would matter which way the filter goes as long as "UP" is actually pointing "UP".
Ironically the car has some sensitive sensors that detect may be the filter is not there I think. I re-installed it correctly and seated it above the blower pressing all four sides. Need skinny hands to get in the back of it. Since then its fixed and climate control works normally as before.
I"m also having this issue. When I get the clicking noise from what I believe is one of the "mode servo" aka blender door motor actuator: 87106 part number. supposedly there are 3 different types.

my auto button is lit up and all other climate control buttons are off. The temperature settings are blank just like you described. I'm going to attempt your filter change/fix hoping this will fix it also. I bought the car used so I have not touched the filter, but maybe the previous owner did the change incorrectly?
Old 04-16-13, 10:54 AM
winny
Driver School Candidate

I also had this problem after local garage changed A/C filter. I took it back to them and they managed to remove and reset door. Didn't cost anything and they stuck a large label on the black door cover 'PUSH RECIRC BUTTON BEFORE REMOVING DOOR'. Seems like Lexus could do this and save everyone grief!
Old 04-18-13, 09:41 AM
sleekmr3
Driver

Originally Posted by winny
I also had this problem after local garage changed A/C filter. I took it back to them and they managed to remove and reset door. Didn't cost anything and they stuck a large label on the black door cover 'PUSH RECIRC BUTTON BEFORE REMOVING DOOR'. Seems like Lexus could do this and save everyone grief!
There's a reset door? did you have the clicking noise also? I was able to take the servo motor out thinking it was a blend door motor issue but the motor was fine. It seems to be some type of door or something that is not seating properly. What did the installer do that caused the problem do you know? Thanks.
Old 05-19-13, 06:27 PM
byroncat
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by puppo420

Thank you!
I just did the fix you suggested and it seems to work just fine; I don't understand why it works but I am happy for the solution!!!
The servo motor no longer seems to trying to run on its own so we'll see if it works tomorrow.
Byoncat
DrQuality (12-06-22)
Old 05-19-13, 06:30 PM
byroncat
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by sleekmr3
There's a reset door? did you have the clicking noise also? I was able to take the servo motor out thinking it was a blend door motor issue but the motor was fine. It seems to be some type of door or something that is not seating properly. What did the installer do that caused the problem do you know? Thanks.
I think puppo has the answer; you may wish to read my reply to him.
Byroncat
DrQuality (12-06-22)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weird Climate Control Problem