LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Toms Japan Linear Throttle Control System

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-09, 04:53 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Toms Japan Linear Throttle Control System

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2925

The new Toms Linear Throttle Control System is designed to help your vehicle achive much crisper and direct throttle response. As is common in many electronically controlled throttle systems, you don't always get the best throttle responce from the vehicle. The Toms control unit fixes that.
This unit gives you the option of 4 settings. Economy, Sport 1, Sport 2, and Sport 3
You can taylor what kind of throttle responce you like based on your driving stylke. Installation is plug and play, and the system will return to economy mode automatically when the car is turnes off.
---------------------------------------------------------

Anyone has this one ?
Old 04-19-09, 10:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

some people already put them on their is-f

and i think some members here have the blitz (??) unit on their ls460
Old 04-19-09, 11:13 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Could you tell me more about it henry ? I seem not understand how this item integrates with the RPM , Sports 1 , Sports 2 , etc...

Where exactly should it be placed once installed ?

So lets say im waiting for the trafic light to go green and my mode is Sports 3.. Id say thats about 3.5 RPM.

Correct me if im wrong .The moment i remove my legs from the brake what happens ? Will the car still be remaining at rest waiting for me to hit the pedal for Super Drag Start ?

Last edited by uae; 04-19-09 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-19-09, 09:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

read it here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...for-ls460.html

it controls the throttle of the system by tapping to the gas pedal controller. it doesn't control the rpm. basically when you press on the gas it makes it more sensitive and opens up the throttle wider and quicker i suppose for better response

you can search the isf forum more their threads there
Old 04-20-09, 10:05 AM
JTS09
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tom's ECU Upgrade Function

Actually, it overwrites the programmed delay that Lexus put into the Fuel Delivery Curve for the Off Idle Fuel Flow. They put a small delay into the throttle advance to make for a more sedate , off the line acceleration delivery. Probably figured it would reduce wheel spin , considering we have a motor with close to 400HP, and almost 370 F/P of Torque.
Plugs into the OBD port and is supposed to reset each time engine is shut down.
Eager to talk to the owners again, that have actually implemented it already, as I had heard it was not possible to use it on the U.S. version 460. Got that data from Carson Toyota, which is the primary importer for Tom's product for Lexus, U.Suh:.. Jim
Old 04-20-09, 10:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

interesting, but it works on the is-f no problem? or this is a different think?
Old 04-20-09, 11:02 AM
BenLS460
Pole Position

I got them on both on the F and LS... gotta say that it is much better, in Sport 3 mode, there is very little to no lagging.
Old 04-21-09, 09:29 AM
MORE4MY 4
Pole Position

I have it t on my 06 gs430 and its the best sport 3 the car take off faster even when you are on the hwy rolling and you hit the gas it answers you right away NO lag .
Old 04-21-09, 09:44 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Are there any disadvantages of this product ? Does it harm the engine , Will it corrupt anything in the car if i use it regularly ?
Old 04-21-09, 10:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i don't think it will harm the engine, of course if you redline every day it will put more wear

and of course it hurts your wallet on the gas
Old 04-21-09, 11:26 AM
JTS09
Rookie

Smile Tom's LTS ECU Plug In.

BenLS460: Eager to know who/what channel you purchased your unit from for the 460, and how much did you pay? Same inquiry for you, MORE4MY 4. Also, was it just a plug and play into the OBD Port on the Passenger Kick Wall as the literature states, and do they give you appropriate mounting ? Does it indeed reset back to zero, after each shut down. Any problems or issues? Is the off the line perormance , definitely more noticeable? Lots of questions I know, but would all be really helpful to all. Thanks very much. Jim S.
Old 04-22-09, 09:13 AM
cheers
Driver School Candidate

Just ordered mine and found out Blitz makes it for Tom's and its cheaper too!
Old 04-22-09, 09:32 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cheers
Just ordered mine and found out Blitz makes it for Tom's and its cheaper too!
post some pictures of where you installed it in ure car
Old 04-22-09, 09:54 AM
JTS09
Rookie

Thanks Cheers: Can you give me some contact data for the site or company you bought The Blitz unit from. Want to call them and ask a series of questions. Thx. Jim
Old 04-23-09, 06:53 AM
MORE4MY 4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JTS09
BenLS460: Eager to know who/what channel you purchased your unit from for the 460, and how much did you pay? Same inquiry for you, MORE4MY 4. Also, was it just a plug and play into the OBD Port on the Passenger Kick Wall as the literature states, and do they give you appropriate mounting ? Does it indeed reset back to zero, after each shut down. Any problems or issues? Is the off the line perormance , definitely more noticeable? Lots of questions I know, but would all be really helpful to all. Thanks very much. Jim S.
I have the Blitz and it work fine and it was a plug and play , I got it from carson for $350 and yes it is as easy as hooking up HID's in a car like i said just a plug and play .When u shut of the car it will go back too the stock setting and you will have too move it to ECO,SP1,SP2,SP3 which is good cause if you have the wife drive the car you dont have to rember to turn it off . No issues with it . Now it does not give you more HP at all .You can pm me and i will give you my number to call me if you have any more questions .

Quick Reply: Toms Japan Linear Throttle Control System