LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

look what some idiot did to my bumper........damn it

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-09, 01:41 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kansas
Apparently not. I've had several bumper covers replaced over the past 19 years of driving Lexus LS cars and the new bumper covers have always had to be painted. Matching the paint has never been a problem.

For minor damage, I've used the same mobile touch-up guy the Lexus dealer uses -- he mixes the paint and touches up our bumpers in our driveway ... he has a compressor on his truck for his paint gun. The guy does incredible work.
Originally Posted by rominl
bumpers come unpainted here in the US, at least
Over here the bumpers, side skirts ect all come painted from the factory and doors, bonets, front and rear quarters are painted at a lexus only approved paint shop (not many of them at all). Anyway I hope it all works out for you.
Old 02-12-09, 06:39 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

And this is why i park a little further away...
Old 02-13-09, 05:35 AM
G2Lexus
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Infamous 1
+1! I park at the end of the lots. I tell my passengers it's for the exercise but most of them know better.
Old 02-13-09, 10:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Infamous 1
i guess my cars are idiot magnets coz' no matter where and how far i park, by the time i pick up the car, there are always some other cars by me
Old 02-13-09, 10:40 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

i guess my cars are idiot magnets coz' no matter where and how far i park, by the time i pick up the car, there are always some other cars by me
I have the same general experience . They have all kinds of parking spaces closer to wherever they have to walk to, & they had to choose the space next to me
My guess is they figure my cars are nice, & that I chose to be away from everyone to avold door dings, etc., so they figure I would be careful with the doors, so it's safer next to me than the other idiots LOL ...
Old 02-13-09, 11:05 AM
mr29rose
Pole Position

i am going to bring it to the lexus approved body shop. i heard good things.

i wish there was someone on here who reoved their new bumpers to put a body kit on. i would love to by a mint starfire rear bumper.

but im sure it will come out pretty nice. my car is being serviced and than i will go to the body shop.
Old 02-13-09, 11:06 AM
mr29rose
Pole Position

how can i get inside the bumper to try to pop it out temporarily until it gets fixed?
Old 02-13-09, 03:57 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mr29rose
how can i get inside the bumper to try to pop it out temporarily until it gets fixed?
I think someone said earlier that if you heat it up it will just pop out. Do you have a heat gun or a powerful hairdryer?
Old 02-13-09, 04:19 PM
mr29rose
Pole Position

i don think it will pop out. it was so deep that it actually cracked the platic. so the shape of the dent is weird.
i will get it fixed asap but want to pop it out until i get it replaced.
Old 02-13-09, 08:07 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mr29rose
i don think it will pop out. it was so deep that it actually cracked the platic. so the shape of the dent is weird.
i will get it fixed asap but want to pop it out until i get it replaced.
It isn't going to hurt to try the hairdryer. I'm telling you it popped out a dent the size of yours on my wife's bumper!

Old 02-17-09, 12:48 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Your rides are so it attracts other cars.

For the OP...I feel for ya. My rear bumper was sprayed 3 times in 2 months. Don't let them try and replace with a refurb. When I had my front pierced, the insurance spec'd refurb and those look horrible in most cases.
Old 02-19-09, 12:55 PM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Mr29Rose, Look what I found on fleebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07...Q5fAccessories
Old 02-19-09, 07:42 PM
mr29rose
Pole Position

thanks, i ve seen those but they are very roughed up. i would need a perfect one. like one taken off a newer car for a body kit etc.

i went to my local lexus body shop and they have a white ls460l in there with rear bumper being replaced. very lucky for me i will see tomorrow how it came out.

i think i will use them if it looks great.
Old 03-25-09, 05:42 AM
mr29rose
Pole Position

well, i went to see the ls460l painted at the local Lexus body shop, they did an AWFUL job. i ran out of there asap.

the rear backup sensors were placed total off centered. also the right side of the bumper where it comes to a point had several hairline cracks and the tip of it was freshly touched up with a non matching color. they did a good paint match but had too many little flaws which is unacceptable.

i asked a friend of mine that new a good body shop and took it there. just got it back and i am very happy. all was perfect but where the 2 plastic square plugs are for towing, the edges seemed a little rough. but not too noticeable. overall it was a great job and very nice.

will post pics.
Old 03-25-09, 11:37 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good to hear you got it fixed to your satisfaction.

Quick Reply: look what some idiot did to my bumper........damn it