LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Blackberry Pearl & Phone Contacts to Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-08, 04:46 AM
bikerneil
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackberry Pearl & Phone Contacts to Lexus

Is there any way to send the entire phone contact list from a Blackberry Pearl cell phone to the Lexus phone system? I cannot see any way to SEND them from the phone????? I can get to the point where the Lexus is waiting for them to be transmitted, but I can't find a way to send them from the phone.

Thanks!
Old 12-02-08, 09:56 AM
DrComputer
Pole Position

First, make sure your Pearl is on the latest 4.5 firmware (see your carrier's website for latest download). Then you actually send it from the Bluetooth options, not from the Address Book. Go to Bluetooth from the main menu, skip the add device wizard, choose the car from the list of paired items, click the option button on the phone (the icon left of the trackball) and you will see a Transfer Address book option. Send and you are done.
Old 12-02-08, 06:39 PM
bikerneil
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! I will give it a try. Appreciate your help.
Old 12-03-08, 06:18 AM
sellshomes
Pit Crew

How about a "non blackberry" bluetooth device, on my Motorola.

I tried to transfer my phone book, and it was working and said transferring, but it took forever and I said screw this and moved on.

How long should it take if you have a lot of names and numbers, any quick way to do it?
Old 12-03-08, 12:30 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default I posted this method in a previous thread.

This method works for phones that cannot do whole phonebook transfers:

Here’s a step-by-step Bluetooth procedure for transferring individual contacts, if the whole Phonebook approach fails. It should work for most phones once a Bluetooth link is established. Once you get the hang of it, it works fine, although initially, you might find it easier to enter them manually on the LS’s display. If you have a lot of contacts, then this method might suit you better. I used a Nokia phone for this example, however I achieved similar results with Samsung or Motorola phones.

On LS Display:
1. Goto “Phone Screen”.
2. Select: Phonebook/Options/Transfer Phonebook/Group/Add.
3. Display will show “Transferring”.

On your Cell Phone:
1. Select contact to be transferred.
2. Goto your Bluetooth Option.
3. Select Send Business Card/Via Bluetooth.
4. Device should now come up as Handsfree or other name you may have changed it to.
5. Select Device – Card or Contact will now be transferred to the LS.
6. Screen will display, “Transfer is Complete”, followed by…
7. “Transfer Another Entry?” – “Choose Yes/No”.
8. Repeat above is “Yes”.
Old 12-06-08, 09:32 AM
sellshomes
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Burnaby
This method works for phones that cannot do whole phonebook transfers:

Here’s a step-by-step Bluetooth procedure for transferring individual contacts, if the whole Phonebook approach fails. It should work for most phones once a Bluetooth link is established. Once you get the hang of it, it works fine, although initially, you might find it easier to enter them manually on the LS’s display. If you have a lot of contacts, then this method might suit you better. I used a Nokia phone for this example, however I achieved similar results with Samsung or Motorola phones.

On LS Display:
1. Goto “Phone Screen”.
2. Select: Phonebook/Options/Transfer Phonebook/Group/Add.
3. Display will show “Transferring”.

On your Cell Phone:
1. Select contact to be transferred.
2. Goto your Bluetooth Option.
3. Select Send Business Card/Via Bluetooth.
4. Device should now come up as Handsfree or other name you may have changed it to.
5. Select Device – Card or Contact will now be transferred to the LS.
6. Screen will display, “Transfer is Complete”, followed by…
7. “Transfer Another Entry?” – “Choose Yes/No”.
8. Repeat above is “Yes”.

Anyone have instructions on how to transfer my phone book to my LS460L from a Motorola KRZR?
Old 01-06-09, 10:47 AM
topgun04
Driver

Thanks for the instruction. My Razor is one of those that cannot transfer the entire phone book. But I was able to transfer a few of the important numbers using the individual phone number transfer instruction. Now I am up and running now...
Old 12-11-09, 05:33 PM
redlight30
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After a week in the new LS I thought I would try and transfer my contacts from my crackberry curve. It worked ok but I noticed tonight while stuck in traffic the contact button on the screen greys out when I go over 5mph but if stopped or below 5 the button is white and allows me to use it. anyone have this happen? The phone pairs up fine but this contacts issue I just noticed. Am I better off just entering all the contacts manually?
Old 12-11-09, 06:45 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

The phonebook is disabled when the car begins to move. However, there are three speed dial tabs that hold 5 contacts on the first tab and 6 contacts on the second and third (the first tab also holds the last number dialed) for a total of 17 contacts, and all of these will be accessible while moving. The only way around this is to install a third party module which unlocks the phonebook as well as the navigation system. A search on navigation unlock within this form will yield the supplier and contact for this module. I think they're called Prestigious Society.

Last edited by Johnny; 12-12-09 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 12-11-09, 07:56 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

not to be off the subject but walmart have new blackberry bold for 80 bucks and old one for 40....merry christmas...
Old 12-12-09, 04:44 AM
redlight30
Driver

Originally Posted by Burnaby
The phonebook is disabled when the car begins to move. However, there are three speed dial tabs that will hold five numbers each, and these will be accessible when moving. The only way around this is to install a third party module which unlocks the phonebook as well as the navigation system. A search on navigation unlock within this form will yield the supplier and contact for this module. I think they're called Prestigious Society.
Thanks, I am going to do that as well as the voice tag option for the numbers I use more often.
Old 12-12-09, 04:54 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Just checked again tonight, and there are in fact 17 fixed "speed dial" numbers available on the three tabs, plus one "last number dialed" on the first tab.

Last edited by Johnny; 12-12-09 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-12-09, 06:32 AM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I couldn't find a way to transfer my contacts from my iPhone to the car's phonebook.

When I'm asked "Do you want to transfer your contacts?" and click Yes, the Bluetooth connection gets terminated while the navi screen displays "Transferring contacts..." until I click cancel.

All thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.
Old 12-12-09, 12:08 PM
melymel96
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have both an iPhone and Blackberry Curve. The iPhone will not work. Sorry. Luckily for me I had my BB and it worked like a charm. There is no option from the iPhone to send the contact data.
Old 12-12-09, 03:32 PM
stanatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JFNash
I couldn't find a way to transfer my contacts from my iPhone to the car's phonebook.

When I'm asked "Do you want to transfer your contacts?" and click Yes, the Bluetooth connection gets terminated while the navi screen displays "Transferring contacts..." until I click cancel.

All thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.
I have an I-phone and it paired flawlessly with my 2010 LS. It transferred all 825 of my contacts quickly with no problem. The only weird thing it did was reverse the order of the names - what were last name/first name in my I-phone wound up begin first name/last name in the Lexus. It pairs with the car within seconds of starting it and I have had no issues making calls.

What year car do you have? Older models may have a different version of Bluetooth that is not totally compatible with the I-phone.

Quick Reply: Blackberry Pearl & Phone Contacts to Lexus