LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Navigation Override

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-08, 03:20 PM
LeX4u2nV
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation Override

I have found two separate navigation override systems. One is for $150 and the manufacturer is Beat Sonic(or Team Sonic?) and the other is by Data Systems and also overrides the DVD lockout and that's for $199. Has anybody had experience with the two brands? I don't have a Mark Levinson System so I wouldn't need the brand with the DVD lockout and that's the brand which seems the most familiar on here. I can't find any other information on the Beat Sonic brand so I might just go for the Data Systems one if no one here has experience with them.
Old 10-08-08, 03:35 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The only caution I would have for you is that there is apparently a brand (or two) out there that provide only about a 30 second override, and that's often not enough time to get anything done.

The unit sold by Prestigious Society (I don't have the box handy or I'd give you the name) is more expensive, but it's the one that everyone here has had success with.
Old 10-08-08, 03:43 PM
LeX4u2nV
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
The only caution I would have for you is that there is apparently a brand (or two) out there that provide only about a 30 second override, and that's often not enough time to get anything done.

The unit sold by Prestigious Society (I don't have the box handy or I'd give you the name) is more expensive, but it's the one that everyone here has had success with.
Is that the half blue and half yellow box the says in big letters TV-NAVI KIT on the top and the rest is written in Japanese? if so, thats the $199 one I'm talking about that's made by Data Systems. I saw a few posts about it on the GS forum and everyone seemed to like it. I'll probably just pony up the extra $50 for it.
Old 10-08-08, 03:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

there are quite a few models by data system and the boxes all look the same. if you don't have ML, i guess the other one will work, but i have never touched that one before
Old 10-08-08, 06:58 PM
sellshomes
Pit Crew

I'd love to have the override as well, who can handle the install for me in my area of Ft. Lauderdale, since I have two left hands
Old 10-09-08, 08:36 AM
LeX4u2nV
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sellshomes
I'd love to have the override as well, who can handle the install for me in my area of Ft. Lauderdale, since I have two left hands
I just ordered the $199 system, I would help you install it but i live in the New Tampa area.
Old 10-09-08, 12:44 PM
sellshomes
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LeX4u2nV
I just ordered the $199 system, I would help you install it but i live in the New Tampa area.
That was a kind gesture either way, thanks, let me know how you make out with your install.