LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Ect Power

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-08, 03:05 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ect Power

Is it ok to enable ECT POWER while the car is in motion 140 km/hr ? or the car has to be at rest during changing between normal & ECT Power ?
Old 08-11-08, 03:29 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Not sure but I would think that the car would simply not make the switch if it was not safe to do so.

And I have to ask - how old are you to even be thinking of doing this?

Dave Mac
Old 08-11-08, 04:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

you can be at any speed
Old 08-11-08, 04:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Mac
Not sure but I would think that the car would simply not make the switch if it was not safe to do so.

And I have to ask - how old are you to even be thinking of doing this?

Dave Mac
doing what? 140km/h is only 87mph..... i am sure a lot of have done above that
Old 08-11-08, 07:34 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Thanx Henry , BTW my car has cut almost 62,000 KM. Ive noticed the power performance is down. For instance sometimes im late for work so i do some Acceleration/De-acceleration say from 190km/hr to 120 km/hr and the momemnt i accelerate from 120 km/hr i dont feel any power change or any growl although the speed is going up. Gear change is so so so so so smooth that i cant feel it, this happened to me ( twice ).

What has to be replaced in the car so i can maintain my 342 Horse Power Back. Note that nothing has been changed since i owned the car besides ( Oil + Filter + Brake Pads + Drums ). Any Suggestions to what might be causing the problem and not giving enough power ? Im pretty sure if i dynotest id be getting 300~310 HP.
Old 08-12-08, 05:43 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to add that in the UAE on certain roads the legal speed limit is up to 160km/hr. Trust me travelling in a straight line even 160 feels slow. While its not safe, for ALOT of people here, the normal traveling speed is 180-200km/hr (certain roads). Think autobahn but in the UAE
Old 08-12-08, 05:46 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

BTW uae, i think big issue you could be experiencing that bogs ur car down is the heat and humidity. Right now its so freakin hot that our intakes are not operating as well as they would once the weather gets colder
Old 08-12-08, 05:58 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Hey ndk been a while buddy, is there anything that i should be replacing in particular to narrow down the possibilities which are causing my car to loose noticeable power ?
Old 08-12-08, 10:37 AM
MythBuster
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to add that in the UAE on certain roads the legal speed limit is up to 160km/hr. Trust me travelling in a straight line even 160 feels slow. While its not safe, for ALOT of people here, the normal traveling speed is 180-200km/hr (certain roads). Think autobahn but in the UAE
People think I am out of my mind when I tell them that it feels boring when I drive 180km/h after driving 220km/hr.

BTW uae, i think big issue you could be experiencing that bogs ur car down is the heat and humidity. Right now its so freakin hot that our intakes are not operating as well as they would once the weather gets
colder
very good point.
There got to be a difference to the car engine between 30c, and 50c.

I also have felt loss of power during hot summer.
Old 08-12-08, 09:45 PM
3alwi
Rookie

hot air has less oxygen in it >>>> cause less burning >>> cuase less performance, it is well known in our country that we do'nt expect regualar performance in hot weather,

Regards, Ali from AD

sorry, i will change my profile later today ^_^

and for the ECT if you are driving about 40km/h you can switch it and more than that, just simply nothing will happen. but if you want to switch it off completely (where it gives you a sign between the gadgets that ECT is off) the car should be stopped completely and keep pressing it for 4 seconds.

Last edited by 3alwi; 08-12-08 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-13-08, 02:17 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 3alwi
and for the ECT if you are driving about 40km/h you can switch it and more than that, just simply nothing will happen. but if you want to switch it off completely (where it gives you a sign between the gadgets that ECT is off) the car should be stopped completely and keep pressing it for 4 seconds.
So if i drive my car at 40 km/hr and hit the ECT power nothing will happen ?

"Switch it off completely" ? you mean back to normal rite ?

How can i press it for 4 seconds its a switch , either ( ECT or Normal ) im lost here. Its not like the VSC Button where pressing it for a couple of seconds will set it of permenantly.

Thanx guys but frankly speaking if u bring any LS 460 L and drag race with mines ull see the lost power or even at a speed of 120 km/hr. There is noticeable loss power. My car has cut 60,000 KM. Does the gear oil plays an important roll in the power ? What else has to be changed inorder to make sure that all possibilities of making the power down are thrown out ?

Last edited by uae; 08-13-08 at 02:29 AM.
Old 08-13-08, 03:29 AM
MythBuster
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To my knowledge the ECT can be swiched on/off at any speed.

The switch enables only a more agressive spark plugs firing timing.

If the loss in power is very noticable, I would take it to thye dealer if I ware you.

60K should not deteriorate the effeciency unless you have screwed up something (Remember you were missing with the engine entake filters)
Old 08-13-08, 06:42 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by uae
Hey ndk been a while buddy, is there anything that i should be replacing in particular to narrow down the possibilities which are causing my car to loose noticeable power ?
hala man its been a while, how goes the progress with ur car?
As for losing power, if its very notcible (alot more than bogging down cause of the crazy heat we are experiencing) i would take it to the dealer to get it checked out.

Originally Posted by 3alwi
hot air has less oxygen in it >>>> cause less burning >>> cuase less performance, it is well known in our country that we do'nt expect regualar performance in hot weather,

Regards, Ali from AD

sorry, i will change my profile later today ^_^

Ali are u confusing the ECT with the VSC? not sure, but thats what it sounded like to me..

Guys i think we need to set up a UAE meet sometime, it would kinda cool to see eveyrones rides
Old 08-13-08, 07:02 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MythBuster
To my knowledge the ECT can be swiched on/off at any speed.

The switch enables only a more agressive spark plugs firing timing.

If the loss in power is very noticable, I would take it to thye dealer if I ware you.

60K should not deteriorate the effeciency unless you have screwed up something (Remember you were missing with the engine entake filters)

Hey buddy no the intake has nothing to do with it, actually i felt i gained a lil more power when the intake was off.I experienced the issue 1 month before i even think about the intake. Regarding the intake i just took of the filters for 2 hours and then everything was set back to how it was. I think i'll get the car checked by the dealer.

Last edited by uae; 08-13-08 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-13-08, 09:24 AM
3alwi
Rookie

lo0ol ndk83 i guess i was confused between them

sorry guys

Quick Reply: Ect Power