LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Tips and Tricks you might not know about your LS

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-09, 11:07 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
so that wasn't the case in ls430?
Actually it might have also been the case on the LS 430, it's winter now so the shade isn't used much...
Old 06-06-10, 01:00 PM
aypues
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

ive learned so much from this thread. this should be required reading for all new LS owners
The following users liked this post:
Santa01 (09-13-20)
Old 06-06-10, 01:29 PM
MikeE12345
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aypues
ive learned so much from this thread. this should be required reading for all new LS owners
And all those planning to become same!
Santa01 (09-13-20)
Old 07-28-12, 04:58 PM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Question for those of you who have a 2010 or later LS that is paired with an iPhone 4S.

Can you switch albums (or playlists) when you are playing music via blue tooth? The manual shows pictures of Album Up and Down soft buttons on the navigation screen. However I don't have those soft buttons on my unit. I also have a 2012 GX 460 and have the same issue on that vehicle as well.
Old 07-29-12, 09:21 AM
edarte
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nsaldanh
Question for those of you who have a 2010 or later LS that is paired with an iPhone 4S.

Can you switch albums (or playlists) when you are playing music via blue tooth? The manual shows pictures of Album Up and Down soft buttons on the navigation screen. However I don't have those soft buttons on my unit. I also have a 2012 GX 460 and have the same issue on that vehicle as well.

My 2012 LS does not show those buttons on the nav screen either. All I can do via Bluetooth is pause, play, go to the next song. No need to plug a cable in but not as much control (i.e., change albums) as the USB connection (not that USB is that great either because you can't go to anything directly) and have to page the list which is soooo slow)
Old 07-31-12, 10:30 AM
jasver73
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is one I JUST learned. I have an '09. On the steering wheel keep pressing the DISP button to see the different options like tire pressure, and mpg. I accidentally pushed it, and had no clue what I did, until I read the owners manual. The tire pressure option was very cool, and it will even show you the tire pressure of the tire in the trunk. I know sounds simple, but I just learned this!!! Great thread! Thanks for staring it!!!
toyo5oh (08-30-22)
Old 07-31-12, 12:18 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I saw a message on my dashboard today informing me the battery in my key fob needed to be replaced -- pretty cool. I checked my battery and it did need to be replaced. I like Lexus.
The following 2 users liked this post by jlawr:
Parrokeete (10-05-21), Santa01 (09-13-20)
Old 07-31-12, 01:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

fwiw a lot of modern high end cars have that too but yes, fantastic technologies
Old 07-31-12, 02:11 PM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
fwiw a lot of modern high end cars have that too but yes, fantastic technologies
Originally Posted by jlawr
I saw a message on my dashboard today informing me the battery in my key fob needed to be replaced -- pretty cool. I checked my battery and it did need to be replaced. I like Lexus.
Keep in mind that this message is generated in the remote-key itself and the battery can get so low, or fail completely, that this message will not be generated. When you get this message you should definitely replace the battery in the remote-key and it is a very good idea to replace the battery in the other remote-key too. The batteries are depleted at about the same rate whether the remote keys are used or not.
Santa01 (09-13-20)
Old 08-01-12, 07:21 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One another note, if they battery is low where you are not able to get the door to open with just the remote. Just pop the door lock cover off the door handle and use your key to get in the car then the fob key will still will work for you. Just place the key next to the start button with your foot on the brakes and a light will light up for you to start your car. Remember use this as your last resort.
Santa01 (09-13-20)
Old 08-01-12, 01:29 PM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Great thread. Having gone through all of the 5 pages of this thread, I realized it's getting harder to skim through the different posts if you're looking for tips and tricks only and not side discussions on these tips and tricks. Thus I suggest that any tip should be marked as such by a tag or a handle of some sort.

[TIP]

To set your seat & side mirrors settings to your favorite position every time you unlock your car, do the following steps in the order presented:

1. Get in the car and shut the door without starting the car
2. Adjust your seat and side mirrors to your favorite position
3. Save the seat settings in one of the seat memory buttons (1, 2 or 3)
4. Press the seat setting memory button you chose in step No. 2 and keep pressing until you're done with step no. 5
5. on your key fob, press the unlock button until you hear a beep

Now every time you change the seat position, get off the car and lock the doors, when you come back it'll automatically adjust the seat position to the setting you programmed and saved in step No. 3.

If you want to cancel the feature, do the above steps and press the LOCK button on the key fob in step No. 5 instead of the UNLOCK button.

[/TIP]
The following 2 users liked this post by JFNash:
bigsherv (04-04-18), Santa01 (09-13-20)
Old 08-01-12, 06:40 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JFNash
Great thread. Having gone through all of the 5 pages of this thread, I realized it's getting harder to skim through the different posts if you're looking for tips and tricks only and not side discussions on these tips and tricks. Thus I suggest that any tip should be marked as such by a tag or a handle of some sort.

[TIP]

To set your seat & side mirrors settings to your favorite position every time you unlock your car, do the following steps in the order presented:

1. Get in the car and shut the door without starting the car
2. Adjust your seat and side mirrors to your favorite position
3. Save the seat settings in one of the seat memory buttons (1, 2 or 3)
4. Press the seat setting memory button you chose in step No. 2 and keep pressing until you're done with step no. 5
5. on your key fob, press the unlock button until you hear a beep

Now every time you change the seat position, get off the car and lock the doors, when you come back it'll automatically adjust the seat position to the setting you programmed and saved in step No. 3.

If you want to cancel the feature, do the above steps and press the LOCK button on the key fob in step No. 5 instead of the UNLOCK button.

[/TIP]
True but if u got more than one key just remember the key you program, right?
Santa01 (09-13-20)
Old 08-22-12, 07:12 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just realize the other day that the LS has one hell of a blind spot reverse camera, I was backing out of a parking spot and I saw a car on the monitor on my driver side but couldn't see it at all when I looked in the rear view mirrors or behind me. That was very impressing. I don't know if anyone else has notice this.
Old 08-24-12, 07:47 AM
aazz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does any one knows how to access the hidden screen in LS460 2010 ?
Old 08-24-12, 03:24 PM
nsaldanh
Lead Lap

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Here you go

Quick Reply: Tips and Tricks you might not know about your LS