LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

What don't you like about your LS460,460L,600h and 600hL

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-08, 09:20 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What don't you like about your LS460,460L,600h and 600hL

Thats right, what would you prefer them to have done or put in the car?
For me(600hL) it is the lack of space in the trunk, you have to almost have to use a shoehorn to put three golf bags in there, not to mention shoe bags and such. I know thats the price you pay for power and wouldn't give that up, but I hope they come up with something for the next car.
Old 02-11-08, 09:30 PM
allklr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I despise the yellow reflectors on the head lights!
Old 02-11-08, 11:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i don't like that rear entertainment system is NOT separate option.

also don't like the heated steering wheel button, very hard to locate without getting my eyes off the road

c-pillar very "thick", blind spot not easy to see
Old 02-12-08, 06:41 AM
jwr1942
Rookie

head rests impede vision on drivers side,and rear seat headrests block most of the rear window on my 07 ls460
Old 02-12-08, 06:43 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave, the tiny trunk is one of the reasons I cancelled my order for the LS600HL and went with the LS460L. The other is the gas mileage. What is the sense of getting a hybrid if the non-hybrid version gets as good or better gas mileage? I really think that Lexus will have to drastically do some rethinking about their luxury hybrids. I think that they have been placing too much emphasis on power and not enough on fuel efficienncy. This will all probably change in about 2 years with the lithium ion batteries.

Romin, you are right on with the heated steering wheel button location. It is dumb location. BTW, I sure have used that feature a lot in this frigid Midwest winter.
Old 02-12-08, 07:48 AM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The trunk opening up way too slow
Old 02-12-08, 08:24 AM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd like to see less body roll and "brake dive" in the LS SWB.

Oh yeah, I just thought of it! Wow............. Duh........... NO NAV LOCKOUT!
Old 02-12-08, 08:36 AM
Bossa_Nova
Rookie

1. Nav/Phone/Audio Lockout
  2. Small trunk
  3. No memory on front passenger seat
  4. Inability to pick and choose individual options rather than choose from "packages" when ordering car
  5. Nav/Phone/Audio Lockout
Old 02-12-08, 09:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
Dave, the tiny trunk is one of the reasons I cancelled my order for the LS600HL and went with the LS460L. The other is the gas mileage. What is the sense of getting a hybrid if the non-hybrid version gets as good or better gas mileage? I really think that Lexus will have to drastically do some rethinking about their luxury hybrids. I think that they have been placing too much emphasis on power and not enough on fuel efficienncy. This will all probably change in about 2 years with the lithium ion batteries.

Romin, you are right on with the heated steering wheel button location. It is dumb location. BTW, I sure have used that feature a lot in this frigid Midwest winter.
depends on which ls460l you get. if you get the one with rear seats upgrade, the trunk size isn't much better at all

and about the 600hl, as mentioned many times before, it's about performance TOGETHER with gas mileage. you can NOT compare the ls460l to ls600hl. you compare 600hl to 760, etc...

even me here in socal i use the heated steering wheel, i can only imagine you over there! and it's stupid every time i have to look down to make sure i am not pressing on the parking assist or other buttons....

Originally Posted by USCRugby
The trunk opening up way too slow
true, i think it can be a bit faster. although the other day i saw the auto trunk on mb, and man, did that thing come flying open!
Old 02-12-08, 09:10 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts

My biggest one is no memory on passenger front seat.
Old 02-12-08, 09:35 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts
Talking

Not an owner or a deal breaker but that BIG O Camel hump in the floor of the back seat
Old 02-12-08, 09:44 AM
allklr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by alsilverbullet
My biggest one is no memory on passenger front seat.
I cant stand this also, Like rominl said I wish the RSES was a seperate option. I hate that you cant close the trunk with the key fob or from the driver seat.
Old 02-12-08, 10:59 AM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
depends on which ls460l you get. if you get the one with rear seats upgrade, the trunk size isn't much better at all

and about the 600hl, as mentioned many times before, it's about performance TOGETHER with gas mileage. you can NOT compare the ls460l to ls600hl. you compare 600hl to 760, etc...

even me here in socal i use the heated steering wheel, i can only imagine you over there! and it's stupid every time i have to look down to make sure i am not pressing on the parking assist or other buttons....

romin, yes you are absolutely correct about the trunk size being about the same size as the 600HL if one gets the 460L with the rear seat upgrade. However, in my case, I ordered it without the rear seat upgrade (it's still awesome for the back seat passengers) and got the full size 18cf trunk. With the 600HL, you do not have a choice.

As for the performance issue on the 600HL, I would have been perfectly satisfied if the performance was the same as that on the 460L but it got a lot better gas mileage. To each his own, but as for myself, I don't need a "zillion" horsepower to be happy. I really do think that Lexus will come out with a new luxury sedan that has both great performance and great fuel efficiency (at least 30-35 mpg) along with a full size trunk within about 2 years or so. That will be the time when I jump in.

I have the same trouble as you searching for the heated steering wheel button.
Old 02-12-08, 11:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
romin, yes you are absolutely correct about the trunk size being about the same size as the 600HL if one gets the 460L with the rear seat upgrade. However, in my case, I ordered it without the rear seat upgrade (it's still awesome for the back seat passengers) and got the full size 18cf trunk. With the 600HL, you do not have a choice.

As for the performance issue on the 600HL, I would have been perfectly satisfied if the performance was the same as that on the 460L but it got a lot better gas mileage. To each his own, but as for myself, I don't need a "zillion" horsepower to be happy. I really do think that Lexus will come out with a new luxury sedan that has both great performance and great fuel efficiency (at least 30-35 mpg) along with a full size trunk within about 2 years or so. That will be the time when I jump in.

I have the same trouble as you searching for the heated steering wheel button.
i do see your point, maybe they will come up with a v6 hybrid later so it's what you want. that's the case for the GS right now. but i am not sure if you will see that on the flagship
Old 02-12-08, 11:58 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My top 10 list (in no particular order):

1. Nav lockout
2. No radio/Sat station display without pressing a button or two
3. No access to radio/Sat presets without pressing a button or two
4. Sparse data on nav maps (names of lakes, rivers, parks, hospitals, malls, etc.)
5. Nav map data (anything over 700 ft. zoom loses street/secondary road data)
6. Poor voice recognition accuracy
7. Nav lockout
8. Requirement to turn cruise back on every time I start the car
9. TPMS pressure data not tied to specific tire
10. Nav lockout

Note that there's a lot to LIKE about the car, but the OP asked what we didn't like.

Quick Reply: What don't you like about your LS460,460L,600h and 600hL