LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

People can barely hear me on handsfree...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-07, 10:56 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Without the Lexus software, hooking a laptop to the ECU would be fruitless. Do not give Bill Gates a chance to throw the blue screen of death onto your NAV!
Old 08-24-07, 01:10 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

If Bill Gates woke up with Oprah's money, he'd throw himself out of the window. He’d slit his throat on the way down: AAH SHI*… I CAN’T EVEN PUT GAS IN MY PLANE.
Old 08-26-07, 04:55 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

After trying those settings for a couple of dayz they have proven to be the best .

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Receive Voice Level 0

Send Voice Level 5

Voice QualityType 0
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Just wanted to share.
Old 08-26-07, 09:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

very nice! so with that settings, while saying it's the best, does it help overall in your conversations with others? or still not good enough?
Old 08-26-07, 11:48 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Before the new settings took place i had to shout or get closer to the mic or even "Transfer Call" to the phone itself rather than Handsfree. Frankly speaking after i applied the changes no one complained that they cant hear me well.
Old 08-26-07, 04:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

very well seems like your problem was solved
Old 05-21-08, 08:33 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The stuff above is mainly for Bluetooth. Anyone know how to play with the Nav voice settings on the service menu?

There is only something there to record and playback voice.

So, do you record some stuff and it adjusts itself to your voice ... or what? There HAS to be some way to improve the Nav's ability to understand what you say.

Old 05-22-08, 06:36 PM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Just in case UAE's videos or mdmiller66's instructions weren't clear (no offense), I thought I'd try to explain the procedure.

As described above, you can improve the way other people hear you while using a handsfree Bluetooth phone.

Access the Service Menu using the following steps:

1. Push the "Engine Start Stop" button once without foot on brake

2. After the Map Screen appears, press the "DISP" button (you may first need to press the "MAP" button to re-enable the display if you've turned it off)

3. After the "DISP" button is activated, tap your finger on the top left and then bottom left of the map. DO NOT TAP ON THE BLACK AREAS created by the "DISP" button. Only tap on the left top and left bottom of the visible part of the map. Tap -- top, bottom, top, bottom, top, bottom (six taps in all). A new screen will appear

4. Tap "MENU" on the top right of the screen

5. Tap "Bluetooth TEL Check"

6. Tap "Handsfree Voice Quality Set"

7. Tap the up arrow next to "Send Voice Level" until it reads "5" Leave the other two settings at "0" and "00"

8. Tap "SET"

9. The only way I know of to exit the Service Menu is to push the "Engine Start Stop" button TWICE and turn all power off

This should enable listeners to hear you better when you're using your bluetooth phone, handsfree

DISCLAIMER: I haven't messed with ANY of the other buttons or settings on the Service Menu. Please don't change any other settings unless you know what they're for and what they do.

For-warned is for-arned
Old 05-22-08, 07:37 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jlawr
Just in case UAE's videos or mdmiller66's instructions weren't clear (no offense), I thought I'd try to explain the procedure.

As described above, you can improve the way other people hear you while using a handsfree Bluetooth phone.

Access the Service Menu using the following steps:

1. Push the "Engine Start Stop" button once without foot on brake

2. After the Map Screen appears, press the "DISP" button (you may first need to press the "MAP" button to re-enable the display if you've turned it off)

3. After the "DISP" button is activated, tap your finger on the top left and then bottom left of the map. DO NOT TAP ON THE BLACK AREAS created by the "DISP" button. Only tap on the left top and left bottom of the visible part of the map. Tap -- top, bottom, top, bottom, top, bottom (six taps in all). A new screen will appear

4. Tap "MENU" on the top right of the screen

5. Tap "Bluetooth TEL Check"

6. Tap "Handsfree Voice Quality Set"

7. Tap the up arrow next to "Send Voice Level" until it reads "5" Leave the other two settings at "0" and "00"

8. Tap "SET"

9. The only way I know of to exit the Service Menu is to push the "Engine Start Stop" button TWICE and turn all power off

This should enable listeners to hear you better when you're using your bluetooth phone, handsfree

DISCLAIMER: I haven't messed with ANY of the other buttons or settings on the Service Menu. Please don't change any other settings unless you know what they're for and what they do.

For-warned is for-arned

Thanks, Joel (if that was for me), but I know how to do that.

What I'm wondering about if when you do that, then you access the Navigation Menu, and then press "Mic and Voice Recognition".

That brings up a screen with the icons for Record, Stop and Play. I assume from that that you are to record your voice and let the system get a "mic level" reading or something, but I didn't want to jack with it without knowing what I was doing.

The voice recognition on my Nav just sucks so bad. I can say "Address" and the freakin' nav lady says "XM Radio Off" or "Displaying Restaurant Icons" or some other mindless response that sounds nothing at all like "Address". The only thing she's good at is "Nearest Gas Station (or Restaurant or Lexus Dealer or whatever)", which she almost always understands fine. But go beyond that and it's a total crap shoot ... with the emphasis on crap.

I was hoping maybe this service screen would somehow allow me to improve the voice recognition.

(Oh, BTW, my BT seems to work fine.)

Old 05-23-08, 06:50 AM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Mike,
Voice recognition only works on the LS 460 if you have a Black interior LOL.
Sorry.
Old 05-23-08, 08:01 AM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,
The only way to improve Voice Recognition is to steal the technology from Acura/Honda. My kid brother has Acura TL and the Voice recognition is amazing in his car.
Old 05-23-08, 08:18 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dimapb
Mike,
The only way to improve Voice Recognition is to steal the technology from Acura/Honda. My kid brother has Acura TL and the Voice recognition is amazing in his car.
Yeah, I know ... I had an Acura TL and an RL and an MDX, and I got VERY spoiled. You could do almost anything via VR - set the passenger-side temperature to a specific temp, select a specific cut on a specific CD in your player, go to a specific XM channel, set nav destinations, make calls, you name it. And it virtually NEVER misunderstood me. It was magic.

And it makes me wonder all the more why a huge international industrial complex like Toyota can't come up with a system that is even functional. It's actually embarrassing, especially since even Ford Focuses apparently now have a system that works better.

I just hope someone in Toyota/Lexus's vast brain trust is equally embarrassed, and is working on a solution as we speak. Otherwise, heads need to roll.

Old 05-23-08, 08:23 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Mike,
Voice recognition only works on the LS 460 if you have a Black interior LOL.
Sorry.
I won't dignify that one with a response, Joel. Oh, BTW, did you hear that people with black interiors aren't going to get stimulus checks?

Old 05-23-08, 08:39 AM
jlawr
Lead Lap

My Black interior gets me very "stimulated," thank you. LOL
Old 05-23-08, 09:03 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

My Black interior gets me very "stimulated," thank you. LOL
Kinky!

Quick Reply: People can barely hear me on handsfree...