LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

This thing is faster than I thought

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-07, 07:16 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default This thing is faster than I thought

My 460 has now almost 6K miles, it seems to be loosen up a little more now and yesterday I was able to confirm that this car is faster than I expected.

Had a kid in a 5.0 mustang trying to play and all I did was press the gas pedal - all of a sudden I jumped from 80 to 125 and he was eating dust.
Old 08-13-07, 07:34 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

sounds like another case of japanese cars whipping american cars butt.
Old 08-13-07, 07:42 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You must have thought the car was really slow then.

J/K.
Old 08-13-07, 08:07 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Yeah this car's acceleration is not shabby. Here's a decent 0-240 km/hr video of it -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxPjbRXH6p4

Question - did you perform your little stunt on power mode with A/C off? The A/C seems to take its toll on the accerlation a little, and power mode supplies a fairly significant boost in acceleration from normal mode from what I've seen.
Old 08-13-07, 10:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by dmvp29
Yeah this car's acceleration is not shabby. Here's a decent 0-240 km/hr video of it -

Question - did you perform your little stunt on power mode with A/C off? The A/C seems to take its toll on the accerlation a little, and power mode supplies a fairly significant boost in acceleration from normal mode from what I've seen.
i believe no matter in what mode, if you are on full wot, the ac is turned off by default. at least that's the case for other lexus models
Old 08-13-07, 10:11 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Gotta agree with you Luxo, when the VVT does its deed, it's like, "Sorry Bud, gotta go". By the time I check the rearview mirror, there's just no traffic behind to speak of. Great feeling! Worth the price of the admission...
Old 08-13-07, 10:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Burnaby
Gotta agree with you Luxo, when the VVT does its deed, it's like, "Sorry Bud, gotta go". By the time I check the rearview mirror, there's just no traffic behind to speak of. Great feeling! Worth the price of the admission...
just be careful when you see christmas lights flashing behind you
Old 08-13-07, 10:19 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I've got a great radar detector... my brain! If you wanna be bad, you have to pick your spots...
Old 08-13-07, 11:46 PM
mmorozov
Driver

Interesting. Look at the multi-function display in this video. It shows the current range where my LS 460 shows outside temperature. So there is a way to choose something else to be in that spot. But how?
Old 08-14-07, 12:33 AM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Interesting. Look at the multi-function display in this video. It shows the current range where my LS 460 shows outside temperature. So there is a way to choose something else to be in that spot. But how?
Yes. There should be a "Disp" button near the right side on your steering wheel. Press this button to cycle through a number of useful data.

Edit: Sorry I believe I'm actually mistaken.

Can somebody clarify..
Old 08-14-07, 12:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by mmorozov
let me see if i can get my hands on the manual, you sure it's not mentioned in it?

i remember a while back when seeing some pics, it shows the tire pressure on the wheels
Old 08-14-07, 12:48 AM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

i believe no matter in what mode, if you are on full wot, the ac is turned off by default. at least that's the case for other lexus models
Thanks for this information. Convenient to know.
Old 08-14-07, 01:03 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Very nice video. Incredible how effortlessly the car accelerates all the way up to 250 km/h (electronically limited top speed).
Old 08-14-07, 09:48 AM
mmorozov
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
let me see if i can get my hands on the manual, you sure it's not mentioned in it?
There are two parameters on this multi-function display. On my LS the top parameter always shows outside temperature (which is also duplicated in the climate control LCD). Pressing the DISP button I can change what is displayed as the second parameter (including the tire pressure monitor). I want to change the top parameter from outside temp. to something else, like current MPG or range. I even opened a thread about this some time ago -

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=299022
Old 08-14-07, 10:59 AM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My a/c was off, my elbow was out the window, I was just enjoying. Didin't even bother to turn "power mode" on, it was not necessary - I really like the accel on this car from a roll, be it from 60 or 80 on.

Funny thing was the guy in the stang stopped later on behind me at a red light and him and his girlfriend were checking out the car's butt to see what the hell it was. Not too many 460s around here yet.

Quick Reply: This thing is faster than I thought