LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

CD Changer Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-07, 06:55 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy CD Changer Problems

I have encountered my first problem with my car (besides wind noise) and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems with thier CD changer? Mine will play, then suddenly stop playing and then won't read the current disk playing or any other one. I get "CD error" on the pop-up display. It's strange because the problem occurs intermittently...all of a sudden a few days later, it starts playing again. Strange. When it has the CD error, it won't play or eject or load any disks either. I hope they don't have to replace it...it looks like a major job to have to rip out everything from where the changer is located. Buy hey, why not, they are going to rip up the doors too for the wind noise! :-)
Old 07-29-07, 07:27 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

What kind of disks are you putting in there? Some mp3 formats, and others I can't think of now, can confuse your player and either lock up as you indicated, or generate error messages. This problem occurs not only on this car, but has happened with me on two different Acuras I owned, as well as some players at home. Some will even cause clicking or hissing sounds one day, and work fine the next. And it usually happens with burned disks, but occasionally or rarely with originals as well.

So your problem may be transient, as I also have had it happen on my car once or twice.
Old 07-29-07, 11:51 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hmm, the "CD Error" and non-eject? Is it possible that there is a misalignment of the CD changer, where a CD has gotten stuck or something, causing it to misread/fail to eject?

I suppose you make sure the CDs you use are pretty high quality, no adhesive tags or sticky residue, right? Just checking...
Old 07-30-07, 05:10 AM
mduffin
Driver School Candidate

I experienced the same problem six months or so back. Lexus replaced the dvd player. The repair went well, nodamage or further problems with the dvd.

When your unit's in for repair, consider the transmission re-program TSB. I asked for the software update and couldn't be happier with the result. They also burned new engine software but I don't know why or which TSB prompted this update.
Old 07-30-07, 06:10 AM
acecert
Pit Crew

Funny you should mention the burned CDs, labels and MP3s. I had all 3 in there including some regular CDs. So, before I posted I put 6 different regular CDs in the player (no labels, MP3s or burned CDs) and unfortunately it happened again. While playing the second set of CDs, it stopped, then I tried to go to the other 5 disks with no success and got the CD error. I'm headin in the dealer today to get my oil changed, get the chime programmed out for the seatbelt and schedule myself for the wind fix. I'll have them check the CD while I'm there...but since the problem appears to be intermittent, I'm not sure what success I'm going to have if they can't duplicate the issue.
Old 07-30-07, 08:34 AM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Make sure your CDs are not warped. Also, make sure they have no stickers or anything on them. Inspect for scratches too.
Old 07-30-07, 05:46 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Just got back from the dealer today...they are ordering me a new CD player as mine never recovered. I also got those annoying seatbelt chimes programmed out...lovin that!