LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Wind noise update (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-07, 01:09 PM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Wind noise update (merged threads)

I was contacted by my dealer today. They received a conference call from Lexus today. Lexus said the LS 460 is priority one for Lexus. Lexus will be replacing the front windows of the short wheel base cars with the thicker glass from the L. They will also be adding some insulation as well. A service bulletin will be out shortly.

I thought I would share the info...

Craig
Old 04-11-07, 02:22 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-11-07, 03:13 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Lexus himself called the dealer! that must be important
Old 04-11-07, 04:20 PM
Mallory H.
Driver

In that some Ls460L owners are saying that they are getting the wind noise and they have the thicker glass, will this be the fix? Since they will also be adding insulation than may be this will be the fix. I would just hate to have both my door panels pulled apart putting the car at risk for more damage and the wind noise still be present, I guess it will be a wait and see.
I to know this, this is going to be an exspensive repair for Lexus. It is good to know that they are working on this, it just makes you glad you own a Lexus.
Thanks for passing this news on to us.

Last edited by Mallory H.; 04-11-07 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-11-07, 05:33 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That is excellent news! I've learned over the years that it's not about not making mistakes, but how you handle them. If I get the same call you did from my dealer (Lexus of Seattle) that in itself tells me how superior this brand is. Can you expect this level of service from any other brand? I doubt. I can't wait to get this issue fixed. When it happens they would have not only found a customer for life but I'll also send my friends their way when they're in the market for a new car.
Old 04-11-07, 07:13 PM
acecert
Pit Crew

Please let us know when you get it fixed and if it worked, alright? I hate to sound skeptical, but there have been so many rumors about this matter that I'm interested to actually see what is fact and what will actually occur. I'll think positive :-)
Old 04-11-07, 07:31 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

good news.. but what if our windows are tinted?
Old 04-11-07, 07:45 PM
Craig B

I don't know what Lexus will do about your windows. I would guess it would be up to the dealer to have them tinted. I will let everyone know if this works. I would guess it will be a month or so before the bulletin comes out. I have already had the field fix done and it didn't work. I really don't like my new car taken apart. This is my 5th Lexus from the same dealer. Thanks,I also hope it works...

Craig
Old 04-11-07, 08:18 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
I don't know what Lexus will do about your windows. I would guess it would be up to the dealer to have them tinted. I will let everyone know if this works. I would guess it will be a month or so before the bulletin comes out. I have already had the field fix done and it didn't work. I really don't like my new car taken apart. This is my 5th Lexus from the same dealer. Thanks,I also hope it works...

Craig
waht's the field fix?
Old 04-12-07, 03:43 AM
Craig B

They put some insulation inside the mirror to cut down on turbulence and tried to make the window have a tighter seal. They said the drain hole in the mirror was creating turbulence. It helped some, but not enough.

Craig
Old 04-12-07, 11:32 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear Lexus is being proactive, but considering the LS is their flagship, it's expected.

Ah, the joy and pain of buying a car in its first year as a new model.
Old 04-14-07, 02:26 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Just returned from my first service, and questioned the adviser on this problem; he said no one had heard of it. I told him to make himself and others aware by visiting Lexus Forums. He asked me if I wanted them to check for any leaks and I refused telling him I would prefer waiting for Lexus to issue a TSB for the time being.

Lexus must address this problem as I am certain many 7 Series, S Class and other fence sitters are waiting for this matter to play itself out before making a move on this otherwise excellent and almost flawless vehicle.
Old 04-18-07, 07:00 PM
jgoergen
Driver School Candidate

Smile Expensive??

You call that an expensive fix? How about when they recalled my then several month old LS430 to replace the transmission????

Lexus, so far, has done a good job when a recall is required. I even got a $200 Amoco gas card for my trouble.

Jen
Old 04-26-07, 08:46 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think this issue will only be resolved if all of us LS-460 SWB owners start writing Lexus corporate to complaint. I did it, they responded without a promise of solution. They need to be aware of the problem as wide spread.

So I am asking here - if you own a LS-460 SWB please go to the contact us web page at lexus.com and do it.
Old 04-26-07, 10:05 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I would join you, and I have mentioned it to my dealer, but only relating what I have read here, not what I am personally experiencing. I do have some wind noise, but nothing as severe as others have previously posted; in fact I would describe it as normal. Travelling from 50mph upwards is still reasonably quiet, and I can carry a normal conversation without raising my voice. If I did lodge a complaint, they would ask me to bring the car in, and find as I do that it isn't that bad - in my case anyway.

Good luck anyhow...

Quick Reply: Wind noise update (merged threads)