LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I almost got robbed!

Old 02-26-07, 08:09 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I almost got robbed!

I went to my local dealer today to discuss the LS they have in stock. It has the executive package, and stickers for just over $90K. They are adding Chrome wheels, clear bra, and black emblems for $7K more, then a $25K market adjustment! So there it was for an amazing $122K!

They obviously dropped all the extras and offered it to me at sticker, especially since I have bought 4 Lexus' from them. So then we go to my trade, and mint 06 M5 with 9K miles. Well, they said they would give me $63K for it!
I got it 9 months ago for $93K, so according to them, I lost $30K in value in less than a year. Then he says, well it books at $77K! Well, what the hell are you only giving me $63K then. I should get a little more, dont you think. Yes, I know the M5 is soft on the market, but not that damn soft.

I am far from new at buying new cars. Well, I left with my M and did a little research and found that I can get at $70K for it without trying very hard.
I almost forgot to mention that the clear bra was installed like crap. Wrinkles everywhere. Also, the sun was hitting it, and I could see a boatload of swirles in the paint. I am sort of glad I did not get that one since it looks a little tore up, but damn, that Shiatsu massage felt pretty good.
We'll see if they call me tomorrow with another offer.
Old 02-26-07, 08:12 PM
tcheung87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rocman
I went to my local dealer today to discuss the LS they have in stock. It has the executive package, and stickers for just over $90K. They are adding Chrome wheels, clear bra, and black emblems for $7K more, then a $25K market adjustment! So there it was for an amazing $122K!

They obviously dropped all the extras and offered it to me at sticker, especially since I have bought 4 Lexus' from them. So then we go to my trade, and mint 06 M5 with 9K miles. Well, they said they would give me $63K for it!
I got it 9 months ago for $93K, so according to them, I lost $30K in value in less than a year. Then he says, well it books at $77K! Well, what the hell are you only giving me $63K then. I should get a little more, dont you think. Yes, I know the M5 is soft on the market, but not that damn soft.

I am far from new at buying new cars. Well, I left with my M and did a little research and found that I can get at $70K for it without trying very hard.
I almost forgot to mention that the clear bra was installed like crap. Wrinkles everywhere. Also, the sun was hitting it, and I could see a boatload of swirles in the paint. I am sort of glad I did not get that one since it looks a little tore up, but damn, that Shiatsu massage felt pretty good.
We'll see if they call me tomorrow with another offer.
Wow they had the ***** to offer $63K for an '06 M5, ! Where in CA do you live man?
Old 02-26-07, 09:00 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tcheung87
Wow they had the ***** to offer $63K for an '06 M5, ! Where in CA do you live man?
Im in Valencia. So Cal is the place for cars, so I should get slightly higher than back east or mid west, but they are just trying to get some of that markup any way they can.
Old 02-26-07, 09:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

what lexus dealership is that? lexus of valencia? if so, you should report them. lexus does not allowed cars to be sold with markup. they will be seriously penalized for that

and wow, exec package, very nice!
Old 02-26-07, 09:57 PM
uthatch
Driver

How about $65,000 for that M5? Cash, of course.
Old 02-26-07, 10:08 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
what lexus dealership is that? lexus of valencia? if so, you should report them. lexus does not allowed cars to be sold with markup. they will be seriously penalized for that

and wow, exec package, very nice!
Yes, that's them. I even said to the salesman, "I thought Lexus could take allocation away from you if they catch you selling over sticker", and he said, "no, they would shut us down, but this is a very special car".

It's the black one on their showroom. I won't report them since they offered it to me at sticker, but I feel bad for whoever gets suckered into that one.
Supply & demand! Fortunately for me, my wife isn't demanding it.
Old 02-26-07, 10:13 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by uthatch
How about $65,000 for that M5? Cash, of course.
Haha, at least that's better than what they offered.

Honestly, if they would have given me $70K, I would have probably taken the deal My wife really likes the LS, and the M5 is her DD, so I have less say so in the matter, but I pay the bills, so my input carries a little weight.
I took my wife in there a few days ago so she could see it, and she loved it. They wanted to make the sale so bad they offered to drive the car to my house again so she could see it. I said what the hell for, and they said so she can make a decision, and I said I pay the bills, and my decision is NO.
Old 02-26-07, 10:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Yes, that's them. I even said to the salesman, "I thought Lexus could take allocation away from you if they catch you selling over sticker", and he said, "no, they would shut us down, but this is a very special car".

It's the black one on their showroom. I won't report them since they offered it to me at sticker, but I feel bad for whoever gets suckered into that one.
Supply & demand! Fortunately for me, my wife isn't demanding it.
damn, it's a black one too? black leather? that car is going to be sick! maybe i should go see it this weekend

well, how about this, tell them "this is a special car" won't cut it, and unless they offer you the car for sticker and also get your m5 for 72k, they are going to receive calls from lexus corp very soon?

oh and bring your camera as well to take pics of the "new sticker"
Old 02-26-07, 10:21 PM
uthatch
Driver

Haha, at least that's better than what they offered.

Honestly, if they would have given me $70K, I would have probably taken the deal My wife really likes the LS, and the M5 is her DD, so I have less say so in the matter, but I pay the bills, so my input carries a little weight.
I took my wife in there a few days ago so she could see it, and she loved it. They wanted to make the sale so bad they offered to drive the car to my house again so she could see it. I said what the hell for, and they said so she can make a decision, and I said I pay the bills, and my decision is NO.
Did you try Lexus of Glendale? It's not that far down the road from you, they are a site sponsor, and I had an excellent service and sales experience there.

I bought an IS350 there in October and will probably buy an LS this fall and I have little inclination to go anywhere else. And I'm not one to praise SoCal car dealers...in general I loathe them.

Off topic, but when the '05 Covette convertibles were coming out I had a Chevy dealer in Burbank actually yelling at me-literally fighting mad-when I told him the 'vert's were out. I had just seen them on a truck-he was sure they were 4-6 months away. I bought one in Cerittos the next day. Anyway, since then and taking into account a few other episodes and I pretty much hate SoCal car dealers...but Lexus of Glendale was good.

Correction...were a site sponsor?? No more I guess.

Last edited by uthatch; 02-26-07 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-26-07, 10:45 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
damn, it's a black one too? black leather? that car is going to be sick! maybe i should go see it this weekend

well, how about this, tell them "this is a special car" won't cut it, and unless they offer you the car for sticker and also get your m5 for 72k, they are going to receive calls from lexus corp very soon?

oh and bring your camera as well to take pics of the "new sticker"
Yes, Black on Black. It is beautful! That black Analine leather is butter soft and beautiful. The auto flip down monitor was awesome. I thought that it would look small, but seeing it in person, I wouldn't want it any larger.
It comes with the wireless headphones, remote control, and the flip up table is cool also. The message was great. It's cool how you can move the front seat so you can recline and lift the ottoman, all from your control pad.
If the dealer comes correct, and gives me what I want, I will have it as soon as they call. If I get it, your welcome to come down and check it out.
Old 02-26-07, 10:48 PM
Rocman
Pole Position

Did you try Lexus of Glendale? It's not that far down the road from you, they are a site sponsor, and I had an excellent service and sales experience there.

I bought an IS350 there in October and will probably buy an LS this fall and I have little inclination to go anywhere else. And I'm not one to praise SoCal car dealers...in general I loathe them.

Off topic, but when the '05 Covette convertibles were coming out I had a Chevy dealer in Burbank actually yelling at me-literally fighting mad-when I told him the 'vert's were out. I had just seen them on a truck-he was sure they were 4-6 months away. I bought one in Cerittos the next day. Anyway, since then and taking into account a few other episodes and I pretty much hate SoCal car dealers...but Lexus of Glendale was good.

Correction...were a site sponsor?? No more I guess.
Funny thing. I walked in there a couple months ago, and not one person would talk to me. Maybe cuz I drove up in my truck. Could also be that I dress like crap. But even dressed the way I dress, my local dealer talks to me. Then again, most of the local dealers know me by name. I go through cars like underwear.
Old 02-27-07, 02:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Yes, Black on Black. It is beautful! That black Analine leather is butter soft and beautiful. The auto flip down monitor was awesome. I thought that it would look small, but seeing it in person, I wouldn't want it any larger.
It comes with the wireless headphones, remote control, and the flip up table is cool also. The message was great. It's cool how you can move the front seat so you can recline and lift the ottoman, all from your control pad.
If the dealer comes correct, and gives me what I want, I will have it as soon as they call. If I get it, your welcome to come down and check it out.
please, rocman, i am going to take your offer on that and come look at the car!!!!! that's the exact dream car of mine! keep us posted and hope everything works out for you!
Old 02-27-07, 09:58 AM
uthatch
Driver

Funny thing. I walked in there a couple months ago, and not one person would talk to me. Maybe cuz I drove up in my truck. Could also be that I dress like crap. But even dressed the way I dress, my local dealer talks to me. Then again, most of the local dealers know me by name. I go through cars like underwear.
That is odd. The night I bought my car I looked like a total dirtbag. I went straight from a long day in our warehouse and was by no means clean. I guess it all depends on who you happen across at the dealership.

By now every dealership should know to not judge by appearance and the vehicle you roll up in. My dad just bought a new S550. He lives in PA, but when we rolled up we were in his 1995 Olds Aurora . We looked like people that NEEDED a Kia, not an S! But the salesman was great and my dad road home in the S (I took the Aurora home!).
Old 02-27-07, 10:23 AM
Rocman
Pole Position

That is odd. The night I bought my car I looked like a total dirtbag. I went straight from a long day in our warehouse and was by no means clean. I guess it all depends on who you happen across at the dealership.

By now every dealership should know to not judge by appearance and the vehicle you roll up in. My dad just bought a new S550. He lives in PA, but when we rolled up we were in his 1995 Olds Aurora . We looked like people that NEEDED a Kia, not an S! But the salesman was great and my dad road home in the S (I took the Aurora home!).
I completely agree. I have bought a dozen 100K+ cars, and I have never looked the part, nor does anyone else I see buying them. Usually, the better dressed ones buy a mid line vehicle. Probably since they are saving money on the car, they can afford the clothes.
Old 02-27-07, 05:17 PM
LexFather

As Henry said, Lexus FORBIDS markup. Report them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I almost got robbed!