LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Did anyone change their fog light bulbs to match the xenon color?

Old 11-27-06, 06:43 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Did anyone change their fog light bulbs to match the xenon color?

Did anyone change their fog light bulbs to match the xenon color? If so, how did you access the fog lights and what bulb type did you use? Also, does anyone have any idea of how to access the parking lights and what type of bulbs would be required?
Old 11-27-06, 09:14 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Try the lighting forum, many guys have done this on other Lexus cars.
Old 11-29-06, 01:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

for the foglights type it should be mentioned in the user manual. not sure about the parking light

it seems like foglights are harder and harder to gain access to. on our sc430 it's a royal pain. try to look from the bottom to see if you have any access. if not, maybe you nee to go from behind (wheel well)
Old 12-11-06, 02:17 AM
hybrids14
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luxury1
Did anyone change their fog light bulbs to match the xenon color? If so, how did you access the fog lights and what bulb type did you use? Also, does anyone have any idea of how to access the parking lights and what type of bulbs would be required?
I already changed the front fog lights, it's a HB4 bulb, also known as 9006. The front turn signals are 12W 21V type, either the 7440 or 7443 should fit. If I remember right, (this one I'm not sure) the parking lights are T10. (Hells, if you bought the T10 and if I was wrong, you can still use them for trunk lights, ) The reverse lights are a 18W 12V model, they look like the 7440 but in a smaller size. All of the interior lights are mostly T10's and can be changed except for the rear mirror lamps for rear passengers. That's a special type bulb that I haven't found so far. My suggestion for you is to make sure you take out the bulbs before you go ahead and purchase them. Make sure you don't use LED bulbs for the turn signals, or they will blink stupid fast because of the low wattage of the LED's.
Attached Thumbnails Did anyone change their fog light bulbs to match the xenon color?-dsc00179.jpg  
Old 12-11-06, 02:28 AM
hybrids14
Rookie

Forgot to say that the sidemarkers on the LS460 is a "one piece" sidemarker. Meaning if you want to change the T10 bulbs there's only one way to do it. Heat it up and open it up to change the bulbs, I personally think it's a stupid design flaw. Otherwise, if the bulb goes out, you can only purchase new sidemarkers.
Old 12-11-06, 11:34 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by hybrids14
I already changed the front fog lights, it's a HB4 bulb, also known as 9006. The front turn signals are 12W 21V type, either the 7440 or 7443 should fit. If I remember right, (this one I'm not sure) the parking lights are T10. (Hells, if you bought the T10 and if I was wrong, you can still use them for trunk lights, ) The reverse lights are a 18W 12V model, they look like the 7440 but in a smaller size. All of the interior lights are mostly T10's and can be changed except for the rear mirror lamps for rear passengers. That's a special type bulb that I haven't found so far. My suggestion for you is to make sure you take out the bulbs before you go ahead and purchase them. Make sure you don't use LED bulbs for the turn signals, or they will blink stupid fast because of the low wattage of the LED's.
Wow, thanks!!!
Old 12-11-06, 12:53 PM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Where did you buy the bulbs? Do you happen to have the part numbers? Also, how did you access the compartments?

Thanks!
Old 12-11-06, 03:00 PM
Dr. Yellow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These PIAA 8000k bulbs will look great for the fogs if you're interested (I have a few sets)

Here is a sample as my DRL lights on my IS300:

There are also some new PIAA LEDs available in Japan.
Old 12-11-06, 09:39 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Speaking about lights, I think it's LAME that they didn't fit the 460s with LED turn signals.
Old 12-11-06, 10:17 PM
hybrids14
Rookie

Where did you buy the bulbs? Do you happen to have the part numbers? Also, how did you access the compartments?

Thanks!
OK, I made a short list of what type of bulbs I changed on my car. (If my memory is correct, lol )

Door Lights on middle top interior T10X2
Front mirror lights T10X2
Front Turning Signal inside front headlights 7440 or 7443X2 (do not use LED's)
Front Parking Lights inside front headlights T10X2
Rear Trunk Lights T10X2
Doors (under the 4 doors) T10X4
Mirrors (under the left and right mirrors) T10X2
Rear dome light *31mmX8mm* X1 I used a 9LED model
Front Fog lights HB4 or 9006 X2 (I used a 6000K Osram model)
Sidemarker T10X2 (I had to use headgun to take it apart)
Front under dash lightx2(these are stock LED's, just take off the yellow cover)
Reverse LightsX2 (18W 12V these are smaller version of the 7440 or 7443)
Rear Mirror lights *31mmX6mm* X6 (These I haven't found yet)
License plate lights (haven't gotten to those yet)
Rear turning signals (no need to change... it will light up yellow anyways)

So far all the lights I used is LED's except for the fog and front turning signal bulbs, I used 4LED T10 bulbs to replace all of the T10's. Some you can use bigger plate LED's instead of the 4LED T10's, you decide!
The following users liked this post:
diamente (06-17-18)
Old 12-13-06, 05:59 AM
luxury1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hybrids14
OK, I made a short list of what type of bulbs I changed on my car. (If my memory is correct, lol )

Door Lights on middle top interior T10X2
Front mirror lights T10X2
Front Turning Signal inside front headlights 7440 or 7443X2 (do not use LED's)
Front Parking Lights inside front headlights T10X2
Rear Trunk Lights T10X2
Doors (under the 4 doors) T10X4
Mirrors (under the left and right mirrors) T10X2
Rear dome light *31mmX8mm* X1 I used a 9LED model
Front Fog lights HB4 or 9006 X2 (I used a 6000K Osram model)
Sidemarker T10X2 (I had to use headgun to take it apart)
Front under dash lightx2(these are stock LED's, just take off the yellow cover)
Reverse LightsX2 (18W 12V these are smaller version of the 7440 or 7443)
Rear Mirror lights *31mmX6mm* X6 (These I haven't found yet)
License plate lights (haven't gotten to those yet)
Rear turning signals (no need to change... it will light up yellow anyways)

So far all the lights I used is LED's except for the fog and front turning signal bulbs, I used 4LED T10 bulbs to replace all of the T10's. Some you can use bigger plate LED's instead of the 4LED T10's, you decide!
Thanks for all of the great information! Very impressive that you replaced all of these! I am going to start smaller but am having trouble even getting started. I opened the hood and have no idea how to access the parking lights. How do those panels come off? Also, how do you access the fog lights? For the front parking lights, did you use a T10 LED with two LED lights (is that what you mean?).

Thanks!
Old 12-13-06, 10:51 AM
hybrids14
Rookie

Thanks for all of the great information! Very impressive that you replaced all of these! I am going to start smaller but am having trouble even getting started. I opened the hood and have no idea how to access the parking lights. How do those panels come off? Also, how do you access the fog lights? For the front parking lights, did you use a T10 LED with two LED lights (is that what you mean?).

Thanks!
I took out the front bumper/headlights/grill since I needed some items repainted anyways. I put on a black mesh for the vents between the fog lights, painted the grill, and painted the front yellow reflectors on my headlights black on my car. If you take the headlights out, it's easy to replace them, otherwise, it's hard to reach some of the bulbs on the headlights, but no so bad...
I used a T10 4LED bulb on most of the T10 bulbs I replaced. But now I'm looking for an alternative on some of the T10's since there's space on them to put bigger T10 smd LED plates. I'll probably measure each one and put smd LED plates to replace some of them to make them brighter and when I am done I'll let you guys know what the measurements are.
Attached Thumbnails Did anyone change their fog light bulbs to match the xenon color?-dsc00183.jpg  

Last edited by hybrids14; 12-13-06 at 10:53 AM. Reason: forgot to add photo
Old 04-28-14, 03:42 PM
kblair3d
Driver School Candidate

Thanks!
this is one of the best sources of information on lighting that I have seen ! TY
Old 04-29-14, 06:28 AM
BigWalt
Driver

Thanks for bumping a thread from 06 lol
Old 04-29-14, 07:08 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

this thread is 8 years old lmaooooo WTF!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Did anyone change their fog light bulbs to match the xenon color?