Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

LS460* LS460 L*LS600h L Brochure w/ color chart!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-06, 10:58 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
oh and thanks for teh exploded pics. seems like the black pearl is my only choice huh?

the opal looks nice from the pics, but right now i am still inclined towards black
Yes black should look awesome with this car, but somehow, I always thought black is a little too run of the mill of a color. I tend to get attracted to some other very dark colors, just as deep & glossy after Zaino but different, like the Twilight Amethyst Pearl on my SC 430 It's like you can have a black car & a slightly different color car at the same time, depending on the lighting conditions. You have to see it in person to really appreciate it. I can't wait to see this black opal in person, it looks to have some blue/purple to it.

From the hi-res brochure scan above, it also seems like the Black Sapphire Pearl is an even darker blue than the Black opal, although you can never be 100% sure from seeing these color palettes on brochures . . .

I also kinda hoped before that the Diamond Black for the NM special edition SC430 would be available for the new LS too, oh well . . .
Old 04-17-06, 11:18 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think the color choices are solid LS colors, and will highlight the sleek new body style beautifully.

However I have a special attraction to the 'rare' LS colors, such as Black Cherry Pearl, Cypress Pearl, and also the old green on the 2 LS...I can only imagine that a future LS 460 model year may add those; also perhaps the hybrid or a special edition may add more!

BTW, LexArazzo, I like your modified sig...seems like the flagship is in your future!
Old 04-17-06, 11:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Yes black should look awesome with this car, but somehow, I always thought black is a little too run of the mill of a color. I tend to get attracted to some other very dark colors, just as deep & glossy after Zaino but different, like the Twilight Amethyst Pearl on my SC 430 It's like you can have a black car & a slightly different color car at the same time, depending on the lighting conditions. You have to see it in person to really appreciate it. I can't wait to see this black opal in person, it looks to have some blue/purple to it.

From the hi-res brochure scan above, it also seems like the Black Sapphire Pearl is an even darker blue than the Black opal, although you can never be 100% sure from seeing these color palettes on brochures . . .

I also kinda hoped before that the Diamond Black for the NM special edition SC430 would be available for the new LS too, oh well . . .
haha i know what you mean, plain black could be boring. but dunno, i guess i treat the LS as too vip of a car, so i want the subtle plain look. especially with my gs400 i guess i ahve had enough blue for now

and if you say that the black pearl is also blue, then there is no black at all for the car?! or maybe it's just the black color with some pearl in it? like my old acura tl-s, it's nighthawrk black pearl, it's black but under the sun you see some blue flake.

Originally Posted by enigma354
I think the color choices are solid LS colors, and will highlight the sleek new body style beautifully.

However I have a special attraction to the 'rare' LS colors, such as Black Cherry Pearl, Cypress Pearl, and also the old green on the 2 LS...I can only imagine that a future LS 460 model year may add those; also perhaps the hybrid or a special edition may add more!

BTW, LexArazzo, I like your modified sig...seems like the flagship is in your future!
yup, very nice, though his sig is WAY oversize. hey andrew, please change your sig according to spec man
Old 04-18-06, 06:07 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

haha i know what you mean, plain black could be boring. but dunno, i guess i treat the LS as too vip of a car, so i want the subtle plain look. especially with my gs400 i guess i ahve had enough blue for now

and if you say that the black pearl is also blue, then there is no black at all for the car?! or maybe it's just the black color with some pearl in it? like my old acura tl-s, it's nighthawrk black pearl, it's black but under the sun you see some blue flake.
Well, you forgot about the obsidian ? That's a black I think. As for the black sapphire pearl, I thought sapphire suggest blue, but you could be right about blue flakes. Hey you will get that brochure right ? Maybe you take a good look at the colors & tell me
yup, very nice, though his sig is WAY oversize. hey andrew, please change your sig according to spec man
Haha, I got a little exited & never even thought of that, I will fix it.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 04-18-06 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-18-06, 08:47 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

If everything goes according to plan it will by the end of 2007 the latest, more likely the 460L than the 600hL though.
Old 04-18-06, 09:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

If everything goes according to plan it will by the end of 2007 the latest, more likely the 460L than the 600hL though.
ok, then you will get the way ahead of me

you are right about obsidian. from the scanned pics i really couldn't make any difference out of it, but when i receive the brochure i will let you know
Old 04-19-06, 01:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ok, today i finally received my brochure, big thanks to you-know-who of course THANK YOU!!!!!!!

i probably missed this somewhere along the line, but in any case i found out today from the teaser brochure and i'd like to mention them

the ls600hl will have 19" wheels standard. that's very good news. looking from the pictures the 7 spoke 19s indeed don't look all that big on the 600hl at all.... that probably means with lowering and a nice kits, throwing on 22s could be very possible. very nice!!!!!

i also noticed that on the 600hl, rear door power sunshades are standard. and they are being optional for the ls460l. from what i understand it's NOT an option for the normal ls460

the smartcard i guess it's something like the smartkey but this is just smaller and easier, and you can probably just put it in your wallet huh? just an idea. though i wonder what would you use for valet

the premium 4 seat package will include 2 seats, reat entertainment, reclined seats with legrest, and also massage features. this would be option for both the ls460l and the ls600hl. i guess it's good news coz' if i buy the car i will have the option of just get 3 seats in the back. though i kinda hate the fact that this is sold as a package so i will lose the reclining, legrest, the massagers, and the rear entertainment system

about the color choices, i looked and looked, put it under the sun and under the light, but i think we are still as confused as ever. the two "black' are just as black, i don't see difference or more pearl in any of them. i guess we will just have to wait till the real official brochure is out. for the record, the opal came out to be almost like purple in the brochure
Old 04-19-06, 01:48 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^^^
I imagine you will simply use a normal key for the valet, perhaps one like on the 2 IS and 3 GS?

The color choices are, as nice as the Lexus brochures are, best seen in person!!!

And I'm a bit miffed as to the packaging. I suppose this strategy 'simplifies' it for Lexus at the production end, but for the consumer it's a bit annoying. I think it would be great if at least manual shades were offered for the LS 460...on the LS 430 though with Modern luxe we used dealer-bought manual shades for the rear seats. Also, I think that a 5-seat LS 460 should have a separate RSES package, and also recliners/etc.

Maybe Lexus will heed our wishes, but I suspect that they want to bundle this up to make customers 'buy up.' With the forecast being some 65% (?) LS 460Ls, it seems that there is quite a bit of push to make the LS 460 itself less attractive, by denying certain options (even making Bluetooth optional?) to do so.

Well at least Lexus takes a more egalitarian approach with the rest of the new line with SmartAccess, and other features...I think though there is an opportunity here, if Lexus doesn't step up, for the aftermarket to come in and make some of those features available...

The advantage of the LS 430 was that with one body type, you had a myriad of options for that one model. Now with the New LS Series, it seems that the LS 430/400's spirit has been divided into several models; the LS 460 is not necessarily the 'direct heir' of the LS 430...or is it? I hope Lexus will continue its tradition of keeping its LS customers extremely satisfied.
Old 04-19-06, 06:53 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

ok, today i finally received my brochure, big thanks to you-know-who of course THANK YOU!!!!!!!

i probably missed this somewhere along the line, but in any case i found out today from the teaser brochure and i'd like to mention them

the ls600hl will have 19" wheels standard. that's very good news. looking from the pictures the 7 spoke 19s indeed don't look all that big on the 600hl at all.... that probably means with lowering and a nice kits, throwing on 22s could be very possible. very nice!!!!!
It will look good with 21 or 22's , but will it still ride like an LS is supposed to ? You probably don't care
i also noticed that on the 600hl, rear door power sunshades are standard. and they are being optional for the ls460l. from what i understand it's NOT an option for the normal ls460
So they suppose that if you don't go for the LWB version, rear passenger comfort/luxury is probably not your top priority ?
the smartcard i guess it's something like the smartkey but this is just smaller and easier, and you can probably just put it in your wallet huh? just an idea. though i wonder what would you use for valet
I suppose they will have some kind of valet key provided too ?
The premium 4 seat package will include 2 seats, reat entertainment, reclined seats with legrest, and also massage features. this would be option for both the ls460l and the ls600hl. i guess it's good news coz' if i buy the car i will have the option of just get 3 seats in the back. though i kinda hate the fact that this is sold as a package so i will lose the reclining, legrest, the massagers, and the rear entertainment system
Get the 4 seat package so your parents can enjoy it, you can always drive 2 cars if your sis is visiting together with them.
about the color choices, i looked and looked, put it under the sun and under the light, but i think we are still as confused as ever. the two "black' are just as black, i don't see difference or more pearl in any of them. i guess we will just have to wait till the real official brochure is out. for the record, the opal came out to be almost like purple in the brochure
Interesting, I think it could be almost similar to Twilight Amethyst Pearl but with more bluish hue, I can still see some purple from the close-up pics though, it's kinda purplish blue

Last edited by Gojirra99; 04-19-06 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-19-06, 09:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

^^^
I imagine you will simply use a normal key for the valet, perhaps one like on the 2 IS and 3 GS?

The color choices are, as nice as the Lexus brochures are, best seen in person!!!

And I'm a bit miffed as to the packaging. I suppose this strategy 'simplifies' it for Lexus at the production end, but for the consumer it's a bit annoying. I think it would be great if at least manual shades were offered for the LS 460...on the LS 430 though with Modern luxe we used dealer-bought manual shades for the rear seats. Also, I think that a 5-seat LS 460 should have a separate RSES package, and also recliners/etc.

Maybe Lexus will heed our wishes, but I suspect that they want to bundle this up to make customers 'buy up.' With the forecast being some 65% (?) LS 460Ls, it seems that there is quite a bit of push to make the LS 460 itself less attractive, by denying certain options (even making Bluetooth optional?) to do so.

Well at least Lexus takes a more egalitarian approach with the rest of the new line with SmartAccess, and other features...I think though there is an opportunity here, if Lexus doesn't step up, for the aftermarket to come in and make some of those features available...

The advantage of the LS 430 was that with one body type, you had a myriad of options for that one model. Now with the New LS Series, it seems that the LS 430/400's spirit has been divided into several models; the LS 460 is not necessarily the 'direct heir' of the LS 430...or is it? I hope Lexus will continue its tradition of keeping its LS customers extremely satisfied.
well with the current 2is and 3gs, you have the key fob still, just don't need to use it. when you give the fob to the valet you use the key inside to lock everything and keep that with you. but with the new access card, you might need yet another thing when going to vale?

about the rear shade, sorry if i said it wrong. i was trying to say for ls460l and up, you get the powered rear door shades. but for ls460, my guess is you can have that, but it's just manual?

and yes, i agree that the RSES package is pretty annoying. my gut feeling is that a lot of people want it to certain extend, but not the whole thing. i wish they could break it up into 3 categories....

i think it's a balance they hav eto take. if they make all options available by themselves, that's going to be tremendous cost overhead, which will jack up the price of the car over what they want. so they have to do certain packages?
Old 04-19-06, 09:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

It will look good with 21 or 22's , but will it still ride like an LS is supposed to ? You probably don't care

So they suppose that if you don't go for the LWB version, rear passenger comfort/luxury is probably not your top priority ?

I suppose they will have some kind of valet key provided too ?

Get the 4 seat package so your parents can enjoy it, you can always drive 2 cars if your sis is visiting together with them.

Interesting, I think it could be almost similar to Twilight Amethyst Pearl but with more bluish hue, I can still see some purple from the close-up pics though, it's kinda purplish blue

well, my gs400 and sc430 they have 20s, and i don't think the ride has degraded much. but yeah, either way, i don't care

about the rear shades, i guess it's just a plan for them to give you incentive to get the lwb. it's just like saying you get this much with this money, but hey, if you spend this much more, you get this and this and this too!

yes they probably will have valet key, but that's like more trouble coz' you have to remember bringing it. not like the 2is and 3gs key fobs, where you have that key in there already

and stop tempting me on the RSES package man, i really don't think i can pull that off. nonetheless i think it's probably going to be like 8k package anyway

about the color, yes i saw purple from the pics, but you gotta see the brochure, you almost think it's purple than dark dark purple very misleading, haha
Old 04-19-06, 10:17 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

and stop tempting me on the RSES package man, i really don't think i can pull that off. nonetheless i think it's probably going to be like 8k package anyway
Where did you get the $8K price info of the RSES package, from the reps you talked to in the preview ? That sounds pretty high to me if it's on top of the price for LWB . . .
Old 04-19-06, 01:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Where did you get the $8K price info of the RSES package, from the reps you talked to in the preview ? That sounds pretty high to me if it's on top of the price for LWB . . .
nonnnno, that's JUST MY SPECULATIONS. i don't want anyone to confuse and lexus send me a letter later on...

i see it this way though. the nav + ml package on most other cars are like a 5k option (together with a bit other gadgets but those are the main stuff). the RSES package contains quite a bit more than that, so that's why i was thinking about like 8k.

and given the price of the 600hl fully loaded be around 100k (again my guess, but got some info on it), then 92k before the RSES package, the that means 85k as base 600hl, that sounds reasonable to me

again, just a guess....
Old 04-24-06, 10:25 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont know if the saddle in the LS 430 sold well, but i kinda wish that it was still atlease an option, i liked that color, and when it was paired with the blue or white exterior, that car i believe was stunning, anyone have any pics of the purplish leather that was offered in the 01-03 model years? i never see a real pic other than the Lexus website, but that was like computer generated
Old 04-25-06, 06:17 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

They cancelled the saddle leather for the 04+ LS430 up here after just one year, I guess very few ordered it. But I saw it in the autoshow once, & I like it for the LS.

There was a purplish leather for the 01-03 LS430 ?

I think it's probably a CGI . . .

Quick Reply: LS460* LS460 L*LS600h L Brochure w/ color chart!