Wheel Decision and Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-17, 10:22 AM
enigma25
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wheel Decision and Fitment

Hello All,

I have looked at a ton of posts, and I hope no one minds, but I would like to ask if these wheel will fit and your thoughts:

OZ Racing:

18x8
Offest: 48
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3

17x8
Offset: 45
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3

Have had OZ wheels before and they are fantastic wheels.

Thoughts on the above? 17" or 18"? Price difference is not really an issue to me.

Lastly; I don't have photos, but thoughts on finish or color? My car is Millennium Silver with silver wheels, and it's in desperate need of something to set it apart. I do intend on installing coilovers in the near future.

Thanks for your input!

Best,

Enigma25
Old 03-23-17, 02:30 PM
Daspyda
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Get your wheels and tires AFTER your coilovers.
Old 03-23-17, 05:04 PM
enigma25
Rookie

Thank you. Would the wheel sizes and specifications noted above, fit my car? What are your thoughts on finish/color on a silver car?

i don't plan to install the wheels and tires until I install the coilovers, just looking for thoughts on the bolt pattern and offset and whether or not these sizes will bolt up correctly. I understand and appreciate your suggestion of suspension first, and I'll be sure to get it aligned after the suspension and wheel upgrade. Also picked up cross drilled rotors and new pads for all four corners. Calipers will remain stock, but I'm also on the fence about caliper painting. I'm sure I will paint them, even if left silver in color, just for a clean look.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-17, 05:07 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

I love OZ's, and was a mouse click away from Ultraleggera's on the BMW. Thank goodness I did not do it, they were a lot of money (over $350 ea.) and the car sits anyway.

I probably need to call one of the eTailers on the phone to understand, because our cars want high offsets, and the ones you mention do have that. I've not been able to find any, like 35 etc. Which 18's have a 48mm offset? My snows are 17x8's and have a 45, but as I looked at 18's the offset went down. I would ask what they mean by "aggressive fitment may rub" because I don't want that.

My preference since the stocks are 18's, is for 18's. My snows are 17's and they look puny lol
The following users liked this post:
enigma25 (03-24-17)
Old 03-24-17, 05:35 AM
enigma25
Rookie

The Alleggerita HLT have a 55 offset and the Ultraleggera have a 48 offset. Which do you think would be a better fit?

Thank you!
Old 03-24-17, 05:53 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by enigma25
The Alleggerita HLT have a 55 offset and the Ultraleggera have a 48 offset. Which do you think would be a better fit?

Thank you!
I saw a thing when shopping for snow tire rims, that 42mm is the minimum....and I could not find anything except when I went down to 17".....my MSW rims are 17x8 and have a 45mm offset....I think either will do, as both are greater than 45....but I actually would want to call the online eTailer to ask, because those are large offsets...in other words your choice should be on looks and which you prefer, since both are greater than 45...but I'd still want to run it by an "expert" to make sure....those will be some sweet rims!! Keep us posted...
The following users liked this post:
enigma25 (03-24-17)
Old 03-24-17, 06:34 AM
enigma25
Rookie

John,

Thanks for the advice and I will do just that as soon as I get a minute today. I don't want to "insult" the marque with a set of no-name wheels and I don't want the boy-racer look either, so I decided it was going to be BBS or O.Z. Racing. I certainly will keep you all posted and photos as soon as I make the move.

Lots of great information on this forum and photos of the limitless possibilities for these cars! I am warming up to the car and enjoying it very much. Quite a change from MBZ, but the engineering that went into these cars is very evident! I have been delayed on the speaker(s) replacement due to one reason or another, but finally have time and a helper tonight! Very anxious to complete this project!!

Thanks again,

Rick
Old 03-24-17, 06:48 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by enigma25
John,

Thanks for the advice and I will do just that as soon as I get a minute today. I don't want to "insult" the marque with a set of no-name wheels and I don't want the boy-racer look either, so I decided it was going to be BBS or O.Z. Racing. I certainly will keep you all posted and photos as soon as I make the move.

Lots of great information on this forum and photos of the limitless possibilities for these cars! I am warming up to the car and enjoying it very much. Quite a change from MBZ, but the engineering that went into these cars is very evident! I have been delayed on the speaker(s) replacement due to one reason or another, but finally have time and a helper tonight! Very anxious to complete this project!!

Thanks again,

Rick
Rick, those rims are gonna be sweet! I would be so careful with them...I carelessly scraped my RF $112 MSW, and just rationalized that was stupid, but they're for the snows, so let it go....I'd go nuts if I did that to some OZ's.....they may be sensitive too being so lightweight....

I've been enjoying the Mark Levinson and the car's been a concert on wheels.... have resorted to burning CDs, so antiquated to literally take tunes off of a flash drive and put them onto CDs, I'm using a 2001 Dell computer to do the burning, but what can I do.....I cringe that maybe at some point, I'll need to replace/repair the subwoofer, seems fine for now!

My distant project would be the motor mounts, I just got them yesterday (2), and now need the trans/motor mount....no hurry as I don't have an issue, just figure it will need them based on age at some point...