LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Amsoil in the LS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-17, 11:32 AM
chrisleduc
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Whoever is moderating this, please remove all the off topic posts on the thread.
Old 01-27-17, 11:34 AM
BradTank
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 116 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chrisleduc
No, not sure if your read the original post, I asked if anybody had any experience....

It's honestly not about you, it' so someone else reading this understands not to use the WRONG transmission fluid in the Lexus. The manual is very specific.

But feel free to try it out on your Lexus and let us know your results with Amsoil's universal-style transmission fluid. I'm sure their claims it works on most cars is valid.
Old 01-27-17, 12:05 PM
chrisleduc
Rookie

Originally Posted by BradTank
It's honestly not about you,
Then by all means warn people to your hearts content. But please start your own thread and don't troll mine. I'm still not asking about opinions I'm asking for people who have experience to speak up. There are lots of other Lexus vehicles
pages on this forum where people have successfully used Amsoil but for some reason in this LS Group, I could find little discussion. All of the other Lexus transmissions seem to do just fine, but I want to know about my new-to-me vehicle.

So please start your own thread if you want to talk about what the manual says or what you think people should do in regards to following OEM recommendations. My thread is not the place for that. The problem is that posts like yours start and perpetuate unnecessary and unrelated discussion and it muddies up this thread so please take it elsewhere.

Last edited by chrisleduc; 01-27-17 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-27-17, 03:28 PM
Coulter
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Apparently everyone made a big mistake here by not endorsing Amsoil.
It's a forum with lots of different opinions, what were we thinking?
Old 01-27-17, 05:07 PM
chrisleduc
Rookie

Originally Posted by Coulter
Apparently everyone made a big mistake here by not endorsing Amsoil.
It's a forum with lots of different opinions, what were we thinking?
I asked for people's experience with a given product in their transmission.

I did not ask for opinions of the product.

I did not ask for opinions about the manufacturer.

I did not ask for opinions about the price.

I did not ask for opinions about the business model.

I assume I am speaking to a grown, adult man or woman, and so I should not have to say this, however, contrary to what Twitter and Facebook may have you believe, people really aren't interested in unsolicited opinions about matters they are not discussing.

You are simply spamming this thread. Why? How have you added to the discussion? Seriously, who are you looking to benefit? I am certain that just as you saw this thread on the list, you also saw my "hello" thread introducing myself and my new car. If you really wanted to be helpful, maybe you could have posted there, and said "hello" or "good looking car" or "great deal" or "have you checked X" but no, you just want to spam this thread. What is wrong with you, in all seriousness? Not even a "hey welcome to forum" comment. Have you no decency? Manners? Wow....

Last edited by chrisleduc; 01-27-17 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-27-17, 06:10 PM
Gronemus
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts

According to Amsoil's website their Signature Series Fuel-Efficient Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid meets Toyota's WS spec and JWS 3324 so this fluid would be OK to use in your car. Note that their Signature Series Multi-Vehicle Synthetic ATF does not. You probably already knew that but I suspect others do not. I see that their Severe Gear 75W-90 is API GL-5 rated which means that you could use that in your differential if you so desire.

I've been on this forum since I picked up my LS 430 back in October. There are probably fewer than a dozen or so active participants in this forum so the odds of you finding anybody that has used AMSOIL products in their 430 are probably slim to none (Amsoil oil might be an exception). As you are discovering most owners in this forum typically stay with OEM replacement parts and fluids when they get their cars serviced and are pretty adamant about that for better or for worst.

You can try posting the same question over in the GS 3rd gen forum as I believe the 2006 & 2007 GS430 uses the same transmission that the 430 used (A761E). You might get some bites over there...
The following users liked this post:
chrisleduc (01-27-17)
Old 01-27-17, 09:39 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Enough, let's not carry this forward to future threads please
The following users liked this post:
Jabberwock (01-28-17)