LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

If anyone is looking for a '12 LS

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-17, 06:07 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
I will generalize here, but there are certain pockets of FL that have insane levels of wealth (on the east coast from Stuart down to Miami in particular). In these areas, the snow birds likely have "vacation homes" that are 2x-3x larger than any of us regular folks' everyday houses.... What this means is the LS that they own in FL gets to stay unused in the garage in FL during the summer when they go up north, out west, overseas, etc. That's why you'll see such low mileage LS's down here at times- they are the "vacation" house car.
Excellent point!! Our founder has a home (one of many) in Palm Beach Gardens, and even their homes up here in the northeast have elevators with internet inside. That makes sense, when wealthy, there is no reason to be moving your car from FLA to NY, the car simply stays down there and is used when one is down there.

One of my rhetorical tests for wealth, is, are you concerned with the number of billable hours the jet has accumulated, YTD? If this is worrying you, you're rich.

I don't know if this will ever pan out, I bet it doesn't....but if I could get another '06 LS430 2 years from now, hopefully, it's one of the above cars, so, really, it doesn't age a full 2 years on the road from today. Then, the price also drops, so maybe, we're looking at 60k miles still, and $10k, because the car is "so" old?
Old 01-23-17, 02:59 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Very true. Most clubs in my area require $80K+ just to walk in the door for equity. These types of places most dont bother shipping shipping their car back and forth. Plenty of low mileage 430's for all of us just waiting to be discovered.

I would also have to agree with John I think these cars will hit a point where they will only be worth so much no matter how low the miles are. To us they might be somewhat of a "find" like a collectible car because we love them. However, the truth is they are mass produced and wont bring big money once they are really "old".
Old 01-24-17, 04:33 AM
Junglequac
Lead Lap

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
Is this because it's FLA? I joke with my buddy in Tampa how through My LS, Naples FLA (never been there) is this magical mysterious wonderful place where life is simply beyond our wildest dreams (my LS spent its first 8 years there and still has a dealer sticker on the front glass). I even connected to some folks on linkedin who own the dealership down there (they're actually out of OH). And, very oddly, I think I saw 5 LS430's last week? WTH is going on....

My work parking lot was like a car show until our dept. got relocated. It's always nice to see the Bentleys, Maseratis, Astons, 911s....the slummin' cars are like the ordinary MBs and BMWs. Tesla seems to be the "cool" car for the 40 and under execs....
Naples is very affluent. While where I lived in Sarasota (Siesta Key) for 10 years is pretty absurd (Has been rated number 1 beach in US by "Dr. Beach for many years"), Naples and its barrier islands like Marco Island are just stupid rich.
South Florida has a great amount of affluence, but Southwest Florida, holds its own.

Also, makes sense the dealer would be out of Ohio as it seems every snowbird I met was from there and it is a straight shot down I-75 from much of Ohio to SW Florida.