2002 Full Ultra 152k miles on it

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-17, 12:26 AM
faizan89
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Full Ultra 152k miles on it

Hello,

I bought my LS430 couple of months back and have the following problems. First it was a nightmare the beast almost ate two new batteries due to some foolish electrical fault. Had it remove for about $400.00. Didnt get answer from the workshop what was fixed though but till date no issues of that sort.

Remote key cannot be programmed. Have been to a couple of key makers most of them say that the car has some security light issue. As in when i open driver side door there should be a welcome alarm that usually rings three times. But my car is dead no alarms no lights until the key goes into the key fob only then you will get a feel that the car is alive.

However if i unlock the door using the key (which is the only option i have) and then open say the passenger door instead of the drive door the center door light pops up and so does the side mirror lights. But not with the driver door. Its a shame to drive a Full ultra car which has the luxury of massage seats but you end up opening the car by manually using the key.

Secondly, the engine check light is on i checked with the mechanic he says there is a minor a very minor oil leakage a very minor oil leakage which triggers the light.

Thirdly, VSC check light is on (dont know if it also due to they angle sensor or what)

Radar cruise control does not work. One of the issues which were identified were angle sensor which if replaced instead gives a air bag warning light so they put the old one back on and the air bag light vanishes.

Has anyone faced the above issues?

Regards,
Old 01-15-17, 11:10 AM
AElexus
Driver School Candidate

Do you have master key?
You tried to program used remote or new one?
I think you can't register more than 3 or 4 sub keys.

engine oil leakage doesn't trigger engine check light, Scan your car by OBDII scanning tool to know the codes stored in car computer.

OBDII scanning tool will show all problems with your car
Old 01-15-17, 11:29 AM
heathervb
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Soon after I first got my 430 I also had check engine light and check VSC light. The dealer also told me it was a result of leaks because some sensor had become saturated with oil and wasn't working properly I guess, thus triggering the light. I was skeptical but once I had the leak fixed by them, both check engine light and VSC light went away. I hope the same happens for you when you have the leaks fixed and the oil cleaned off
The following users liked this post:
faizan89 (01-16-17)
Old 01-15-17, 11:30 AM
heathervb
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also radar cruise control does NOT work while the check VSC light is on.
The following users liked this post:
faizan89 (01-16-17)
Old 01-16-17, 05:13 AM
faizan89
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AElexus
Do you have master key?
You tried to program used remote or new one?
I think you can't register more than 3 or 4 sub keys.

engine oil leakage doesn't trigger engine check light, Scan your car by OBDII scanning tool to know the codes stored in car computer.

OBDII scanning tool will show all problems with your car
Hi AELexus,

The key came with the car i just changed the remote cover since the one it came with was broken, The remote wasn't working from day1 itself. I asked the key maker to make a fresh new remote a brand new one he said it was waste of money. Because the remote is blinking fine its only a pairing issues which is due to the the security system light of the car.

May be there is a problem with central locking system of the car but then the question arises how come other doors (passenger & rear doors) when opened also switch on the center console light as well as side mirror lights.

I am really confused!!
Old 01-26-17, 12:24 PM
romin88
Driver School Candidate

Faizan,

90% of the Lexus' that come to UAE and have the check engine light is due to blocked, damage or clogged catalytic converters, if the check engine light is on, VSC light comes on and the radar cruiser control doesn't work either. The key is reprogrammable if you take it to a proper key smith, its fairly a straight forward procedure. I am in RAK and If you can bring your car to RAK, I can plug in the Techstream (cable designed for Lexus and Toyota) and tell you the exact problems with your car for free.

PS: Is the key remote/fob original Lexus key or its aftermarket key? Also, I had similar problem with the car, the driver side door wouldn't open but the lights would come on, I replaced the driver's side door lock.

I had a Lexus LS430 2006 Full Ultra (Luxury), a Lexus LS430 2004 and now a LS430 2003 Full Ultra.

The oil leak from the engine is probably because of worn out head seal cover or front crank seal. I had the same seals leaking. These problems are very common on cars with high mileage which are driven in the UAE, the catalytics get blocked because of our petrol, the seals leak because the oil filter stations love to overfill the engine oil and of course our hot weather temperatures.

Last edited by romin88; 01-26-17 at 12:34 PM.