New member, no Ls

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-16, 05:43 AM
Mopars
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member, no Ls

Hi everyone,
new member here and I've yet to own a Ls430. Been searching for a while since the current car I am driving ( '05 Corolla) currently dying (RPM drops below 1 when accelerating, a sudden hit when it shifts to 2nd ect...) so I've decided to look for a comfy car that I'll keep for long time.
And this is were the Ls430 perfectly falls in.
I did my research and so far I just need to make sure it had it's major service done and full history ect..
I'm planning for the Custom Luxury, I avoid ULs since I don't want the airbags annoyance.
But I am wondering, in a visual way how can you differentiate the CT from the lower ones? other than the headlight washers? I know it comes with the upgraded leather and headliner but I couldn't find any good pics of the headliners.
and is it true that the CTs and ULs doesn't come with the not so appealing ash interior?
And if you know any 2004-2006 Ls430 for sale in NY that are not on the internet just post it here.
just avoid the black, dark red and blue ones it's pain to keep them clean in Middle East.
Also no ash interior, black is okay since i can swap the chairs for white ones.
Preferably ones with Saddle or white interiors, other colors are okay.
And sorry if the questions has been already answered and the long post.

Last edited by Mopars; 12-26-16 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-26-16, 05:26 PM
LS430Lexus
Advanced

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Friendly advice. Open your mind and widen your search. While your preference on colors makes sense in the Middle East, widen your preference on option packages. These cars have not been manufactured for 10 years. Reasonable mileage with good service histories are getting harder and harder to find. When new, models with the CL package were manufactured in smaller quantities than the other packages. Also, I would be open to a UL due to the rear seat a/c system. As a former UL owner, the extra a/c system is very helpful on extremely hot days. The air suspension can be repaired or reasonably replaced with a conventional steel suspension. You may find the other features (covered heavily on this forum) such as sunshades, soft-close doors and rear seat a/c attractive. Also, some prefer a base model as some of the features on the option packages (i.e.: Nav and upgraded ML stereo) tend to need repair that require parts more difficult to obtain in Dubai.

Good luck on your search. Try to focus on mileage, service history and condition. The option packages will sort themselves out. That said, you may want to look on Craigslist Orlando for a 2005 CL with saddle interior (if still available).
Old 12-27-16, 06:10 AM
Mopars
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sgretchko
Friendly advice. Open your mind and widen your search. While your preference on colors makes sense in the Middle East, widen your preference on option packages. These cars have not been manufactured for 10 years. Reasonable mileage with good service histories are getting harder and harder to find. When new, models with the CL package were manufactured in smaller quantities than the other packages. Also, I would be open to a UL due to the rear seat a/c system. As a former UL owner, the extra a/c system is very helpful on extremely hot days. The air suspension can be repaired or reasonably replaced with a conventional steel suspension. You may find the other features (covered heavily on this forum) such as sunshades, soft-close doors and rear seat a/c attractive. Also, some prefer a base model as some of the features on the option packages (i.e.: Nav and upgraded ML stereo) tend to need repair that require parts more difficult to obtain in Dubai.

Good luck on your search. Try to focus on mileage, service history and condition. The option packages will sort themselves out. That said, you may want to look on Craigslist Orlando for a 2005 CL with saddle interior (if still available).
Thanks for the tip, as for parts since here it is Ls430 are extremely common cars so parts are basically everywhere.
If I went with the UL path I'll end up removing the air ride and putting normal suspension and just enjoy the extras.
The '05 CL with Saddle interior? yeah i freaking love that one.
Old 12-27-16, 08:54 AM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

I just traded my '06 with the custom luxury package. I loved the car with that package. It was silver with a black interior.
Old 12-27-16, 09:48 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

man why don't you just get one there? the gulf spec cars are the best! you guys get all the cool stuff we don't get to have on our cars!
Old 12-27-16, 08:16 PM
Mopars
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Stereorob
man why don't you just get one there? the gulf spec cars are the best! you guys get all the cool stuff we don't get to have on our cars!
They rarely appear for sale anyway, plus there's a higher chances that they are abused.
Which is why a lot of people just import one from US or Germany.
But what cool features do the GCC spec LS430s have?
as far as I know there used to be a '05 with piano black wood, dunno if it was swapped from from the older ones but they say it's a special order.