LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Sport Suspension Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-16, 02:31 PM
markwhit
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sport Suspension Emblems

So I had an extra emblem and put it on the trunk. Wanted to see what you guys thought? Didn't want to get carried away. (haha) On another subject do you know what would be causing like a popping sound that comes from the rear passenger side area maybe behind back seat or around the rear suspension. It sounds like maybe a little a body flex popping sound but not totally sure. It happens when I take off from a dead stop and but only when I take off really quick. Like when the rear end drops down from acceleration. I can push up and down on the suspension and no noise. I checked everything in the trunk and was tightened down. I have 46,000 miles so I wouldn't think something in the suspension could make the noise but was just wondering.
Attached Thumbnails Sport Suspension Emblems-side.jpg   Sport Suspension Emblems-rear.jpg  
Old 12-04-16, 05:33 PM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by markwhit
So I had an extra emblem and put it on the trunk. Wanted to see what you guys thought? Didn't want to get carried away. (haha) On another subject do you know what would be causing like a popping sound that comes from the rear passenger side area maybe behind back seat or around the rear suspension. It sounds like maybe a little a body flex popping sound but not totally sure. It happens when I take off from a dead stop and but only when I take off really quick. Like when the rear end drops down from acceleration. I can push up and down on the suspension and no noise. I checked everything in the trunk and was tightened down. I have 46,000 miles so I wouldn't think something in the suspension could make the noise but was just wondering.
If noise is isolated to the rear and sounds like a pop or clunk it can be a few different things including strut mount, shock, swaybar endlink. With only 46k miles it's uncommon these should be bad but the age of the car plays a factor as well. I'd try the easiest first which are which are the swaybar endlinks and bushings and go from there. There should be no body flex noise at all unless something is out of spec.

The Sport emblem doesn't look bad but with 2 fender badges already it might be a little overkill.
Old 12-04-16, 08:03 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

I dont think the emblem is bad. The new34 460's have the F sport on both front fenders and the F sport badge on the trunk so in my eyes it looks factory.
Old 12-05-16, 08:46 AM
markwhit
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bmore430
If noise is isolated to the rear and sounds like a pop or clunk it can be a few different things including strut mount, shock, swaybar endlink. With only 46k miles it's uncommon these should be bad but the age of the car plays a factor as well. I'd try the easiest first which are which are the swaybar endlinks and bushings and go from there. There should be no body flex noise at all unless something is out of spec.

The Sport emblem doesn't look bad but with 2 fender badges already it might be a little overkill.
Thanks for reply. Yes the noise is coming from the suspension area now that I have done more testing. Sounds like a clicking/bearing noise when first taking off but will take it to a local shop and have them isolate it.
Old 12-05-16, 09:16 PM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by markwhit
Thanks for reply. Yes the noise is coming from the suspension area now that I have done more testing. Sounds like a clicking/bearing noise when first taking off but will take it to a local shop and have them isolate it.
Keep us posted with what the problem is. Remember with suspension it's better to replace things in pairs most of the time. I had one rear shock fail and then the other failed right afterwards. Turned into a full overhaul back there but better to do it once and do it right.
Old 12-08-16, 10:42 AM
texan_176
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

It looks like factory to me so if you like emblems you have done it right.

I personally do not like any badge on vehicles that says "sport" on it. This is more the case on SUVs that are bulky, slow, and handle poorly but have a "sport" emblem on the back.