LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Early Christmas Gift Got the LS a Friend

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-16, 06:36 PM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Early Christmas Gift Got the LS a Friend

After having just the LS to drive the last 3 years I figured a second car was in order. So i went the complete opposite way and pulled the trigger on a Z06

Shes loud, noisy and slammed to the ground and i couldnt be happier lol.

Old 11-27-16, 09:09 PM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Now can keep from racking up the mileage on the 430. Car drives like new after the recent suspension upgrades in the rear. I recommend the Sport sway bar and shocks to anyone wanting a comfortable ride but better handling.
Old 11-28-16, 04:35 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Congrats! I've always been curious about Vettes, love the C7 except the tails, extreme bang for buck. It's nice to have a sports car that one doesn't drive everyday, it keeps things real. One becomes aware of strengths/weaknesses re: each type of car. This I find hilarious. I think my 335i steering is 100% perfect. The 2008-13 M3 was regarded as having slightly lesser steering than the 07-13 335. Today, there is a long thread about how excessively heavy the steering is (it isn't, that's road feel). This comes from a generation used to eps, which imho is pinkie light. You will certainly enjoy that Z06!
Old 11-29-16, 08:26 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by bmore430

Now can keep from racking up the mileage on the 430. Car drives like new after the recent suspension upgrades in the rear. I recommend the Sport sway bar and shocks to anyone wanting a comfortable ride but better handling.
Nice LS! Suspension upgrade a good idea. Glad it worked out for you. My 04 Sport handles better and is still comfortable. Also good choice on the high perf car. Considered buying a '15 Mustang GT (50th Year Anniversary). Drove it. 420 HP and sounded like it. Short throw 6 speed. Came home and drove my LS. Still my first choice.
Old 11-30-16, 10:40 AM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tallcaguy
Nice LS! Suspension upgrade a good idea. Glad it worked out for you. My 04 Sport handles better and is still comfortable. Also good choice on the high perf car. Considered buying a '15 Mustang GT (50th Year Anniversary). Drove it. 420 HP and sounded like it. Short throw 6 speed. Came home and drove my LS. Still my first choice.
The new Mustangs with the Coyote 5.0 are a sweet package. One of my good friends owns Revolution Auto who is one of the top tuners in the country for those and the ecoboost. I owned and built countless Mustangs so it was a nice change going to a vetted.

The LS is so quiet and smooth and the vette is the exact opposite lol. It's got a huge cam, lowered suspension and full exhaust putting out 450 to the wheels.
Old 11-30-16, 11:35 AM
MR ED
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the purchase and such a great choice. The LS motor is a powerhouse I miss my old CTS-V, I'll be searching for a C6Z or another V in the not so distant future.
Old 11-30-16, 11:51 AM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

LOL the Mustang was a lot of fun. Sounded great, handled well and fast fast fast. It was confusing to switch from driving that to my LS. Why isn't my LS making any noise? Is the engine running? I can tell I'm moving only because the scenery is changing. Man you really went full on opposite!
Old 11-30-16, 01:04 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tallcaguy
LOL the Mustang was a lot of fun. Sounded great, handled well and fast fast fast. It was confusing to switch from driving that to my LS. Why isn't my LS making any noise? Is the engine running? I can tell I'm moving only because the scenery is changing. Man you really went full on opposite!
This really happened when driving my 335i, and then jumping into the Maxima. We must have dropped it off and had my wife follow in the Maxima. As soon as I got in, I turned the key, and the Nissan was already on. The 335i for all intents and purposes is not smooth at idle, whereas the Japanese cars are like silk!! Though the 335i is very smooth upon acceleration being an inline 6....
Old 11-30-16, 04:31 PM
tradosauru
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Loud and noisy eh? I'm sure your neighbors are happy.
Old 11-30-16, 08:35 PM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tradosauru
Loud and noisy eh? I'm sure your neighbors are happy.
Neighbors have muscle cars, mustangs, camaros etc. I don't live my life by what makes the neighbors happy or not lol. I'm sure they don't base their life decisions on me
Old 12-01-16, 05:02 AM
tradosauru
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bmore430
Neighbors have muscle cars, mustangs, camaros etc. I don't live my life by what makes the neighbors happy or not lol. I'm sure they don't base their life decisions on me
Just a friendly reminder that all states have laws against modifying mufflers and creating more noise. All it takes is one neighbor to complain and you will be putting your exhaust back to stock. Trust me, I made this happen in my neighborhood because i was tired of being woken up in the morning by an azz who decided to make his truck as loud as possible. Truck is no longer in my neighborhood.
Old 12-01-16, 06:11 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Just a friendly reminder that all states have laws against modifying mufflers and creating more noise. All it takes is one neighbor to complain and you will be putting your exhaust back to stock. Trust me, I made this happen in my neighborhood because i was tired of being woken up in the morning by an azz who decided to make his truck as loud as possible. Truck is no longer in my neighborhood.
Got some welding done on my Maxima, turned out to be a kid living in his parents' house and his buddies. They charged me $130 when a body shop said $1400 to $1700. Anyway their buddies were racing up and down the street testing BOVs and what not. Kid told me cops will likely be coming and hope he can finish my car before that happens. Never a dull moment.
Old 12-01-16, 07:35 AM
LudeAEM
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hah, nice choice. I have the same combo

Name:  54CA416D-FFC5-4D08-A831-834F81AC2BD2_zpspldt4nb0.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  199.6 KB
Old 12-01-16, 03:36 PM
bmore430
Lead Lap

So you're that guy huh? lol I feel bad for your wife and children.
Old 12-01-16, 03:38 PM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LudeAEM
hah, nice choice. I have the same combo

That's awesome. I Love the electron blue. We have very similar taste lol

Quick Reply: Early Christmas Gift Got the LS a Friend