LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Fresh detail with jetseal

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-16, 09:52 AM
LS430Onyx
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fresh detail with jetseal

I love the way the car came out! Everything is so reflective. The clouds and the road reflecting off the paint.

Last edited by LS430Onyx; 11-21-16 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-21-16, 10:38 AM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Looks good from here. That stuff seems to get very positive reviews, although it is labor intensive to apply. Are those wheels AMG's? It almost looks like an AMG logo on the face.
Old 11-21-16, 11:54 AM
Coulter
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Not to dismiss the work, I don't know what it looked like before, but I see a lot of hazing and scratches on the finish.
Old 11-21-16, 01:38 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

I love the color of your 430 looks great. I do agree with Coulter as far as the scratches and hazing but I think it depends on what kind of finish that you want. I spend ridiculous money having my paint corrected because my car is black. However, I have friends that wouldn't dare spend more than $30 on a car wash detail and they are happy. I also see some swirls and scratches, and some holograms showing on the C pillars that wouldn't be there after a professional paint correction. However, if the car is not garage kept and washed a certain way to prevent swirls and scratches a paint correction would be a waste. Seeing that you are passionate about having a clean car, if your car is garaged kept and you are up for some washing education, look into a professional paint corrector in your area. If you think your paint looks good now, you cant imagine how crystal clear it would be after a full correction. I think there may be some before and afters in the detailing forum here but if not I also go on autogeek and read over there. Shine a flashlight on your paint at night to see the condition and then go on the website and see the before and afters. It is really amazing what can be done to paint these days. Regardless there is nothing better than picking your car up from a fresh detail, and I think your color looks great! Nice!
Old 11-21-16, 01:53 PM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430FL
I love the color of your 430 looks great. I do agree with Coulter as far as the scratches and hazing but I think it depends on what kind of finish that you want. I spend ridiculous money having my paint corrected because my car is black. However, I have friends that wouldn't dare spend more than $30 on a car wash detail and they are happy. I also see some swirls and scratches, and some holograms showing on the C pillars that wouldn't be there after a professional paint correction. However, if the car is not garage kept and washed a certain way to prevent swirls and scratches a paint correction would be a waste. Seeing that you are passionate about having a clean car, if your car is garaged kept and you are up for some washing education, look into a professional paint corrector in your area. If you think your paint looks good now, you cant imagine how crystal clear it would be after a full correction. I think there may be some before and afters in the detailing forum here but if not I also go on autogeek and read over there. Shine a flashlight on your paint at night to see the condition and then go on the website and see the before and afters. It is really amazing what can be done to paint these days. Regardless there is nothing better than picking your car up from a fresh detail, and I think your color looks great! Nice!
I feel the pain of owning a black 430. the paint is super soft and it's fighting a losing battle trying to keep it swirl free if you drive the car daily and even safe washing practices and microfibers will leave swirls and cobwebs in the paint.
Old 11-21-16, 02:31 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Owning a black car sucks, gotta be ever so careful to wash your car. I use a two bucket method and still manage to get a few new swirls in. But on the upside, once a black car is freshly detailed and clean, its just nothing like it.
Old 11-21-16, 04:45 PM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Hmmm... Interesting development. The picture is gone and he hasn't responded. I did like the color, but yeah, there were some marks in the paint that I didn't want to point out.
Old 11-22-16, 11:26 AM
tkblazer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to assume the OP did the usual detail of wash, clay and wax (sealant in this case) and is proud to show off his car. I never saw the pics he posted, but I'll assume there was still paint correction that needed to be done. Just keep the pics up OP, or post some more if you decide to get a paint correction done.