LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Picked up some quilited floormats

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-16, 11:30 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Picked up some quilited floormats

I had first seen these types of floormats last year possibly posted on here, they got mixed reaction. However for me personally I wanted to get a pair, however the autopreme ones are like $500. I happend to run across the "china special" which looked identical for almost 1/5 the price. I decided to order some and just received them. I'm extremely happy with these mats, its unbelievable how cheap you can get some stuff. They are limited on color options, so I knew it wouldn't match exactly but I'm OK with it. I had the Lexus mats in beige that got sooooo dirty. These things feel and look like real leather and personally I love them. Fitment was overall really good, although I'm not a fan of the wierd looking skid plate for the driver. There was a extra flap for the rear but I reclined the seat forward and was able to tuck it in so it fits perfectly, it looks like the carpet is leather haha. If anyone is interested I can shoot a link, I don't want to go against any rules. I'll try to get some more pics up.
Picked up some quilited floormats-c4qzqag.jpg
Picked up some quilited floormats-v2fuqze.jpg

Last edited by e60bmw; 11-19-16 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-19-16, 11:54 AM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Looks good, it reminds me of the quilted insulation we used on the Space Shuttle.

Old 11-19-16, 01:31 PM
LS430cb
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do they have black?
Old 11-19-16, 01:40 PM
LS430Lexus
Advanced

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

I am curious about how the drivers side looks. Picture please. I would appreciate you posting a link (or PMing one). Thank you.
Old 11-19-16, 02:56 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Yes they have black and some other colors, I actually almost went with black, but I'm really happy with these. There are some creases in the material from shipping that the heat should fix in no time. Heres a link.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cust...670226828.html

They have some other styles too. For the drivers side Im going to have to fit some of the edges better, I'll post a pic in a bit.
Old 11-20-16, 02:10 AM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

These look awesome, thanks for sharing. I'll bee looking into getting a set, but any idea on how it deals with water? It's always wet around here, an issue you see..
Old 11-20-16, 07:30 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Not sure how it deals with water yet, I just got them yesterday. I imagine it should handle it pretty well, its a PVC leather that looks really durable. My main reason for getting them is that I had the light colored mats and they always looked so dirty, you would have to keep them shampooed all the time to look clean. With these I can just vacuum or wipe off and it will look clean.
Old 11-20-16, 08:22 AM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 72 Posts

Pretty interesting! I like it.
Old 11-20-16, 08:29 AM
tradosauru
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I like it too and if my wife likes it will buy a set. I guess since its coming from China it will take about a month to deliver?
Old 11-20-16, 10:49 AM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Looks interesting. I found the ones that are not the diamond pattern and they list a gray (which I would need...).

How long did they take to be made and delivered? I wanted a PayPal option but since this marketing site has it's own payment processing business they only offer direct credit card or bank transfers (neither of which I am of fan when dealing with an international seller...).

More pictures and your assessment of the product would be welcomed....
Old 11-20-16, 02:46 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Originally Posted by Duck05
Looks interesting. I found the ones that are not the diamond pattern and they list a gray (which I would need...).

How long did they take to be made and delivered? I wanted a PayPal option but since this marketing site has it's own payment processing business they only offer direct credit card or bank transfers (neither of which I am of fan when dealing with an international seller...).

More pictures and your assessment of the product would be welcomed....
I ordered on October 31st, they shipped on November 9th and arrived yesterday, so pretty quick. I need to figure out the best way to secure the left edge of the drivers side mat. They have these hooks that secure into trim but this specific section doesn't have it, I may have to use some velcro. For everyone who has seen the mats they thought it makes the car look even more high end and I agree. I'm not crazy about the foot rest, but they offer different ones you can have on there I believe. Alipay is very legit, you should have no concerns using it tbh, Aliexpress has a very good system. If the items don't get delivered in a certain amount of time you can get a full refund and even keep the item. I don't think their payment gets released until you click confirm item received. I've used aliexpress for many dozen items.

Picked up some quilited floormats-necypx4.jpg
Old 11-20-16, 06:10 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks interesting. I wonder how black would look. I think it would look better without the side pieces
Old 11-21-16, 03:19 AM
OsideTurbo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Duck05

I wanted a PayPal option but since this marketing site has it's own payment processing business they only offer direct credit card or bank transfers (neither of which I am of fan when dealing with an international seller...).

Call your credit card company and ask about any protections your card or federal law may have for your concerns. Federal law limits liability for fraudulent transactions and many other situations. Your card co. may offer additional protections. Make sure you let them know it would be an international online purchase (some protections vary based on distance and you may find additional protections (or limitations) for online and/or international purchases).

Also, I agree with e60bmw about alibaba. I've never had a problem ordering from them - they are legit and do more transactions than ebay & amazon combined . They also have the escrow payment feature which is really cool - the vendor does not get paid until you receive your purchase and go back online to release the funds to them.

Last edited by OsideTurbo; 11-21-16 at 03:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-21-16, 03:36 AM
OsideTurbo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 5t341th
Looks interesting. I wonder how black would look. I think it would look better without the side pieces
I think the side pieces are the main feature - protects much more of the car from spills, mud. Also, come cleaning time, you just pull out the mat and clean the mat - all of your car will remain clean, unlike the traditional mats where you have to take the mat out to clean and then you have to vacuum and clean the inside of your car because the mats don't hold anything like these with the sides do.

For those who asked about black - OP's seller has black in the link he provided a few posts up. However, their black has tan contrast stitching that stands out a lot and isn't really my style. I found another vendor with a similar mat that comes in all black and they also have a sporty looking black with red contrast stitching. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-...49e5d163&tpp=1
Old 01-24-17, 03:37 PM
tradosauru
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I just got the beige set of floor mats in from China. I will give it a few weeks to give my final thoughts but they do fit nicely. I ordered the set on 12/27/16 and they arrived on 1/23/17. About what I expected in shipping time.

Quick Reply: Picked up some quilited floormats