LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Connecting to stereo with external audio source

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-16, 01:22 PM
wordwrkr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connecting to stereo with external audio source

Has anyone attempted to connect an external audio source to their LS430 stereo that is not otherwise equipped to accommodate it? I have a 2005 LS 430 with apparently no external audio jack. I'd like to be able to play music from my iPhone through my car stereo. Without Bluetooth connectivity, I thought perhaps it would be possible to add a stereo mini plug somewhere so I can run an audio cable directly between the phone and the car.
Old 11-15-16, 08:40 PM
LS430cb
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Isty571 is what I used, there are other options but more expensive.
Old 11-16-16, 04:03 AM
takimanpgt
Pit Crew

Have YOU tried a search? Repeated question that answers are available to if you typed in "clublexus ls430 bluetooth audio" in your Google search bar. Select one that meets your need.
Old 11-16-16, 05:17 AM
wordwrkr
Driver

Originally Posted by takimanpgt
Have YOU tried a search? Repeated question that answers are available to if you typed in "clublexus ls430 bluetooth audio" in your Google search bar. Select one that meets your need.
Of course I've tried a Google search. And as I mentioned in my post, my car is not equipped with Bluetooth. I hope not all the responses are going to be as snotty as yours. I'm simply trying to gather information. No need to get snide.
Old 11-16-16, 06:28 AM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Parrot makes a few options. I have the basic kit to make and receive calls. if you want to stream music there's an upgraded model for that as well.
Old 11-16-16, 06:51 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm cheap ... cassette adapter aux to phone for pandora. I opened the cassette and removed one cog because it stopped working. With one of the cogs removed zero issues. $8 Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target. Since you don't have bluetooth this is a cheap option till you figure out what you want to do. The cassette can act as a bluetooth receiver.
Old 11-16-16, 06:54 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

I've always loved HD radio in rental and loaner cars....none of our cars have it. Wife's car has XM for $25 per 6 mos. Not sure if the LS could get that deal, the screen said like 5 mos for $30. Only like a few channels and HD would be sweet....
Old 11-16-16, 10:12 AM
Mobius1
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Many disregard FM Transmitters. But in my experience if you find a good quality well reviewed one for at least $15, they can sound QUITE nice if no other option exists.

Otherwise you'll need to spend the "big bucks" and purchase the VIAS Tech. bluetooth adapter "SoundLinQ3-L". Or if you still want an AUX Jack their "SL3u-L" would work.
Old 11-16-16, 10:47 AM
wordwrkr
Driver

Wow. This is great input. Thank you all for your assistance. Much appreciated. When I implement a solution, I'll post the result.
Old 11-16-16, 01:02 PM
monrovea
Rookie

Let me second the FM transmitter. Very happy with mine. A cheap and easy fix. i believe mine if a Flex Smart.
Old 11-16-16, 01:18 PM
volson
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cassette adapter sounds horrible. That is what I have.
Old 11-16-16, 06:39 PM
takimanpgt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by wordwrkr
Of course I've tried a Google search. And as I mentioned in my post, my car is not equipped with Bluetooth. I hope not all the responses are going to be as snotty as yours. I'm simply trying to gather information. No need to get snide.
Apologies. Skipped over the part where you said you do not have Bluetooth at all. In which case - you have two main options, in my opinion. Take the deck out and modify the tape deck wiring to take an external audio input or use an FM transmitter. I detest tape adapters. And the GROM/Parrot/Vaistech options are expensive solutions for what could be a simple solution.
Old 11-18-16, 10:51 AM
greg s
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vaistech is by far the best solution to this. You will pay more but sound quality is second to none for BT.
Old 11-18-16, 01:54 PM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
I'm cheap ... cassette adapter aux to phone for pandora. I opened the cassette and removed one cog because it stopped working. With one of the cogs removed zero issues. $8 Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target. Since you don't have bluetooth this is a cheap option till you figure out what you want to do. The cassette can act as a bluetooth receiver.
Lol Mike I had to laugh at this. If you were cheap you wouldn't have over 1k in grilles laying around for your LS. I'm hoping to snag that fabulous one after I get my suspension issues sorted out.
Old 11-18-16, 03:56 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bmore430
Lol Mike I had to laugh at this. If you were cheap you wouldn't have over 1k in grilles laying around for your LS. I'm hoping to snag that fabulous one after I get my suspension issues sorted out.
^^^^ I gotta be cheap here and there so I can stack my playtime money. JLMK

​​​​​​​ Cassette isn't as bad after I found a quality one and removed one of the cogs.

Quick Reply: Connecting to stereo with external audio source