LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

do you curb your LS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-16, 06:07 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts
Default do you curb your LS?

I curb whatever car I'm driving, rental, loaner, our cars. Never want any dings....prefer curbing passenger's side (odds are car to left, has only a driver i.e. his pass door does not even open) but this is what was available this AM at a conference.

Name:  prk_zpsdjb21lce.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  99.4 KB

Last edited by Johnhav430; 10-27-16 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-27-16, 07:00 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 239 Posts

Not only my LS430, but my Jaguar and previously my G35 Coupe have always (although required effort at times) had found an end spot, preferably where my driver's door would face the passenger side of the car next to me (in case there was no passenger). Yes it could have been stressful at times, but after 11 years of ownership for my G35 Coupe there was not a single ding on any side of the car. My LS430 was pretty lucky too other than an *** hole gardner who used his weed wacker to throw a stone into my original flawless rear door leaving a small chip. It's almost impossible policing our cars, but doing what we can will preserve the car to looking as good as it could as the years march on. Most people comment on my 2001 LS430 as looking almost like a new car after 16 years. It is all original, never repainted on metal, no dings, and next week will be going to get the front and rear bumper covers repainted (due to a cheap repaint from the previous owner).I have always tried to keep all my cars in as pristine condition as possible regardless of age.
Old 10-27-16, 07:05 PM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
Not only my LS430, but my Jaguar and previously my G35 Coupe have always (although required effort at times) had found an end spot, preferably where my driver's door would face the passenger side of the car next to me (in case there was no passenger). Yes it could have been stressful at times, but after 11 years of ownership for my G35 Coupe there was not a single ding on any side of the car. My LS430 was pretty lucky too other than an *** hole gardner who used his weed wacker to throw a stone into my original flawless rear door leaving a small chip. It's almost impossible policing our cars, but doing what we can will preserve the car to looking as good as it could as the years march on. Most people comment on my 2001 LS430 as looking almost like a new car after 16 years. It is all original, never repainted on metal, no dings, and next week will be going to get the front and rear bumper covers repainted (due to a cheap repaint from the previous owner).I have always tried to keep all my cars in as pristine condition as possible regardless of age.
I edited my post as that's what I meant, curb the pass side, and play the odds that the car to the left will not have a passenger. My BMW is a '07 purchased new, no dings. One of my buddy actually said be careful about curbing your car and then having a gardening crew show up. At work, there were grass clippings on the LS. As long as I am able, I will walk the furthest possible distance from the entrance. I forgot this the other day, and took the closest spot also against a curb. When I got back, a shopping cart was almost touching the LS's front right fender....
Old 10-27-16, 07:41 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
I edited my post as that's what I meant, curb the pass side, and play the odds that the car to the left will not have a passenger. My BMW is a '07 purchased new, no dings. One of my buddy actually said be careful about curbing your car and then having a gardening crew show up. At work, there were grass clippings on the LS. As long as I am able, I will walk the furthest possible distance from the entrance. I forgot this the other day, and took the closest spot also against a curb. When I got back, a shopping cart was almost touching the LS's front right fender....
Johnhav430.....Do the best you can. Don't aggravate or go too overboard or you might age way before your time. This job as being a car condition keeper can be stressful and doesn't always work. It's just a car, but the grief it gives those that obsess actually gets many owners sick. Take it from one who knows....It's only a piece of metal... Stay well my friend.....