LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

CD Stuck Between Discs? "CD Error" Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-16, 02:25 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts
Default CD Stuck Between Discs? "CD Error" Help!

I was listening to a CD and I decided to flip to the next song. I pushed the button too long and it started to load the next CD. Realizing what I had done, I pushed to go back to the original CD. It immediately came up with CD Error. It sounds like something is running/rubbing in the CD changer. My guess is I've somehow got it stuck between the 2 discs or it's jammed. 100% my fault I think. Pushing the eject button does nothing.

Does anybody have any insight on how I might be able to fix this?

Thanks!!
Old 10-20-16, 04:21 PM
rkw77080
Lexus Champion

Received 675 Likes on 462 Posts

Try disconnecting the negative battery cable for a minute and reconnect. Then push the eject button again.
Old 10-20-16, 04:25 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rkw77080
Try disconnecting the negative battery cable for a minute and reconnect. Then push the eject button again.
Oh yea? OK! I'll give it a try!

Thanks..and I'll let you know how it works!
Old 10-21-16, 03:46 AM
DavidinCT
Racer

Received 195 Likes on 147 Posts

It's happen to me a few times over the years...by pulling the battery it has always solved it for me.
Old 10-21-16, 05:22 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Just curious, when the battery is pulled (for any reason, such as replacing the battery), are all the memory settings/audio etc. lost? Does it generate any errors?
Old 10-21-16, 06:41 AM
MR ED
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This happened to me 2 weeks ago. I held down the eject button for like 30 seconds then the CDs started coming out of the changer.
Old 10-21-16, 06:44 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

somewhat related, my son placed cardboard into the blu ray player, and it jammed. I opened it up, removed the cardboard, reassembled, and it no longer worked. What I find surprising is that a new Blu Ray does not seem to be < $70. I'm clueless I guess, thought it would cost like $30 by now....even used, they want $60 for what he destroyed (I'm willing to just get a bare bones one, this one is google). My buddies told me he did not do anything abnormal for a 2 y.o......
Old 10-23-16, 06:40 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Pulling the battery cable on our '01 worked for me last year when the CDs were jammed and the unit stopped working, After reconnecting the battery the unit reset and ejected the CD that was stuck..... Operated normally ever since...

Learned that on this forum and I estimate it saved me over $150 or more taking to an audio shop that claimed the CD unit would have to be replaced.
Old 10-27-16, 07:36 PM
mfalcon
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make a loop of scotch tape and put one sticky side on a credit card. Insert the card with the sticky side pointing downwards and pull out the topmost CD which could be stuck. Eject all cd's and reload.
Old 10-27-16, 07:46 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by RRocket
I was listening to a CD and I decided to flip to the next song. I pushed the button too long and it started to load the next CD. Realizing what I had done, I pushed to go back to the original CD. It immediately came up with CD Error. It sounds like something is running/rubbing in the CD changer. My guess is I've somehow got it stuck between the 2 discs or it's jammed. 100% my fault I think. Pushing the eject button does nothing.

Does anybody have any insight on how I might be able to fix this?

Thanks!!
What year is your car? If it still has a tape player, with a 5 dollar adapter from walmart you can use an apple shuffle to load up hundreds of songs or more and no longer use the cd player. I have a 2001 and use both an ipod shuffle and very rarely the cd player and I'm great with my music. Of Course I paid through the nostrils for an brand new OEM subwoofer and OEM front door speakers so that I can enjoy my music regardless of cost... after all... It's all about the music right????
Old 10-30-16, 12:20 PM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

My CD player jammed once. Having just bought my 01, had visions of expensive repairs. Per advice in here, tapped firmly on the RH side on the player. Worked perfectly. No problems after that (and had the car 3 years). With my newly purchased 04, CD has skipped once. I've never seen mention of this so hopefully it's just the CD.
Old 11-03-16, 08:22 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Shame on me for not updating this sooner! The next day I went outside and pushed the button several time..just to see if it would eject prior to disconnecting the battery. And lo and behold..out the CD came!

Even so..thanks to everyone who took the time to try and help out with the issue. Much appreciated.
Old 11-06-16, 01:48 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
What year is your car? If it still has a tape player, with a 5 dollar adapter from walmart you can use an apple shuffle to load up hundreds of songs or more and no longer use the cd player. I have a 2001 and use both an ipod shuffle and very rarely the cd player and I'm great with my music. Of Course I paid through the nostrils for an brand new OEM subwoofer and OEM front door speakers so that I can enjoy my music regardless of cost... after all... It's all about the music right????
Supposedly those inexpensive tape adapter ruins the tape player heads after a while. No one is likely still playing tapes so ruining the player may not be the worst thing.

However, for $20 or so you can get an FM re-transmitter/holder for your Smart phone (the ones that still have 3.5mm ear phone jack) and use that to connect via an un-used FM frequency and play from your device or music apps like Pandora.
Old 01-16-20, 04:51 PM
JOEDANEY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jammed and making buzzing sound. A few gentle taps on the right hand side proved to dislodge the CD. Thank you!
Old 01-17-20, 05:37 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Good to know as there are some of us who still do listen to cds. I know that some of the brand new HDCD I have, won't even play in the LS430, and I have had to dup in a pc, and the dup plays fine. Also these commercial HDCD plays in computers and other cars without issue.
The following users liked this post:
SJM (11-28-21)

Quick Reply: CD Stuck Between Discs? "CD Error" Help!