Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32% front windshield tint and 8% everywhere else

Here ya go, what do you think?

Old 08-19-16, 02:10 AM
OsideTurbo
Rookie

Dark tints always look good imo . . . However, that car is now cop bait in MN - way past legal. Doing the windshield (at 32%!) is especially brave. Good luck!
Old 08-19-16, 09:26 AM
BradTank
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 116 Posts

I think it looks good, but you would definitely get pulled over in my area.

I have "darker than legal" tint on mine, but the cops around here only seem to enforce it if you have what looks to be "limo" type dark tint.

I had tint on my front windshield (a really light one made for windshields) and I came to really hate it and it just had a distortion to it in certain light that made driving tiring. I eventually got a new windshield and didn't put tint on this time. Much happier without the windshield tint even though it does let in a bit more heat. I have heard that some brands like Huper Optic make a good windshield tint.
Old 08-19-16, 09:47 AM
dmmoroney
Rookie

Nice.....but probably gonna get pulled over quite a bit!
Old 08-19-16, 10:12 AM
Daspyda
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

You are young...get that crap off the front windshield before you hit someone because you didn't see them at night and end up in jail for the rest of your life.
Old 08-19-16, 10:27 AM
ghost80
Driver School Candidate

The tinted windshield makes it look really good from the front. Hope it doesn't cause any vision issues at night though. I had my G37S done like that but I didn't drive it much at night. Be safe!
Old 08-19-16, 01:20 PM
greg s
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I thought I went dark with 15% all around...
Old 08-19-16, 01:35 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

I mean this with all do respect. I agree dark tint looks great but I think you should get rid of it while it is still soft and easy to remove. Once its been on a while its expensive and a night ware to scrape off. End up scratching you windows half the time. I just would hate to see you get a ticket when you can avoid it.
Old 08-19-16, 01:38 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

Be very cautious with window tints (especially illegal ones) and the fine print in your auto insurance coverage ... Insurance rates are based upon many variables, of course, and modifications that change the vehicle from stock that are not disclosed to the insurance co. can be the basis for coverage denial / coverage dispute, especially when the (illegal) modification may have been a contributing or direct cause of the accident. If there's an accident, you can expect the car to be impounded and tint tested.

Last edited by Tom57; 08-19-16 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-19-16, 02:33 PM
vfr700f2
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Better than driving with your eyes closed...

A cop once made my friend scrape off his illegal tint right there on the side of the road. Good thing my friend had a razor blade handy. Good luck with that.
Old 08-19-16, 04:14 PM
2JZNSHT
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the comments guys but luckily for me I have a prescription for window tint, and it's allowed to go all the way down to 10% all the way around and 35% front. They account for a 3%+\- in the tint percentage. Plus here's a few photos I just took on a cloudy rainy day for looking out the front and sides. Not hard to see at all. It's ceramic tint as well so the heat dissapation is insane.

Old 08-19-16, 04:15 PM
2JZNSHT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LS430FL
I mean this with all do respect. I agree dark tint looks great but I think you should get rid of it while it is still soft and easy to remove. Once its been on a while its expensive and a night ware to scrape off. End up scratching you windows half the time. I just would hate to see you get a ticket when you can avoid it.
Tint is not hard to get off, scraping it is the worst way to do it. Using the plastic bag method makes it easy.
Old 08-19-16, 04:18 PM
2JZNSHT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Daspyda
You are young...get that crap off the front windshield before you hit someone because you didn't see them at night and end up in jail for the rest of your life.
Never had an accident in my life and have 20/15 vision. I'm a very alert driver and don't text and drive or anything. If you look at the above photo it's actually very easy to see out of, I'll post a night photo later. Plus I'm not young... Appreciate the comment but no need for hate.
Old 08-20-16, 06:33 AM
2KHarrier

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

A prescription for tint on the windshield... Please, share the name of your doctor so I (who suffers from Strabismus and has to wear glasses that basically magnify the sun's rays) can get that prescription as well...

In any case, it does look good, but man you is gonna have some splainin to do to the police every time you get stopped. BTW, I think your LS is the first one I've seen with rust on the door... What's up with that?? was that a deep scratch?
Old 08-20-16, 07:09 AM
tradosauru
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

If you are a cop making a stop with all the crazies on the road do you want to have to guess how many people are in the car because of the tint?

Can someone share the maximum tinting on car windows? I would like to get my car windows tinted but want to do so legally.

Quick Reply: 32% front windshield tint and 8% everywhere else