LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Can LS430 Headlight Cover be bought by itself?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-16, 05:11 PM
TxRed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can LS430 Headlight Cover be bought by itself?

Hello! This is my first posting to the forum. On my 2004 Lexus LS430, the plastic headlight cover on the passenger side is badly cracked. The lights still work perfectly. Does anyone know if it's possible to just replace the plastic cover or do you have to purchase the very expensive assembly? I have been unable to located the cover. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-06-16, 09:04 AM
paulex
Driver School Candidate

I believe you must replace the entire assembly. This is what I was told by the service advisor when I had a similar problem a few years ago.
Old 08-06-16, 10:40 AM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

I believe the replacement is quite expensive. Aftermarket is junk. Maybe try to find used?
Old 08-06-16, 06:42 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Here you go... if you need them don't take your time because someone else will see this and jump on them. $250 Central Pine Sam's IG page.

The following users liked this post:
Z7USUDRV (03-12-23)
Old 08-06-16, 07:08 PM
Lzam
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I was told once the seal is broken it was done and you have to buy a new assembly.
Old 08-06-16, 11:41 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

No you just have to seal it back correctly. There is a whole world of people who retrofit headlights from all makes and models out there. I've done a couple sets myself and my first set on the GS300 weren't sealed correctly. Took me a second time to seal those right. Truthfully there is no sense in buying a new set of headlights if you only need the covers. If you aren't confident sealing these you can source someone here who might help or find someone from hidplanet or theretrofitsource. I was going to buy these but I'm actually waiting for a certain retrofit set to pop up.
Z7USUDRV (03-12-23)
Old 08-07-16, 12:22 AM
texan_176
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

http://car-part.com

Look for one there. You can absolutely replace the lens but if you do not care to mess with that and want to just get a good part in a box at your door and spend under 30 minutes on the repair then OEM ready to go no issues is the way to go.
Z7USUDRV (03-12-23)
Old 08-08-16, 11:49 AM
cerushio31
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ones from centralpine are used. You can get brand new ones with new gaskets/seals for not much more.
Old 08-08-16, 03:13 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cerushio31
The ones from centralpine are used. You can get brand new ones with new gaskets/seals for not much more.
From what I have seen in the past, complete new OEM headlamp assemblies are quite expensive. Am I missing something here?
Old 08-08-16, 10:04 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

^^^^ this is true... they are used but all you need is Nissan butyl and the ability to know how to use it. I'd say 80% of anything you buy from a middle man source will be used but in near new condition. $800 per headlight complete and used vs. $250 for near new covers to replace your non recoverable set... if money wasn't an issue than I guess your headlights wouldn't have gone so far to begin with. If you have a set between the knees and don't mind trying it's a no brainer. Either cough up $80-120 for a shop to cut, polish, and clear your current; do something dumb like buying 2 new assemblies; or grab a beer and knock it out yourself.

OP basically you have options it just comes down to what you are willing to do and spend to not do. Either way you're still rolling the best car on the road to date so everything else is minimal lol.
Old 08-12-16, 09:17 AM
cerushio31
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
^^^^ this is true... they are used but all you need is Nissan butyl and the ability to know how to use it. I'd say 80% of anything you buy from a middle man source will be used but in near new condition. $800 per headlight complete and used vs. $250 for near new covers to replace your non recoverable set... if money wasn't an issue than I guess your headlights wouldn't have gone so far to begin with. If you have a set between the knees and don't mind trying it's a no brainer. Either cough up $80-120 for a shop to cut, polish, and clear your current; do something dumb like buying 2 new assemblies; or grab a beer and knock it out yourself.
Not sure if you understood me correctly. What I meant is there is an OEM headlight lens replacement kit available for not much more than the used ones from centralpine.
Attached Thumbnails Can LS430 Headlight Cover be bought by itself?-screenshot_20160812-091008-2.png  
Old 08-12-16, 10:06 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Not sure if you understood me correctly. What I meant is there is an OEM headlight lens replacement kit available for not much more than the used ones from centralpine.
lol and that's what I get for drinking and posting
Old 01-31-20, 05:27 AM
weldthedif
Advanced

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

i know this is an old post, but does anyone have any recent information about purchasing the headlight lenses ?

I found these pictures, which gives hope to the idea that they are available, but I have not been able to find any part numbers.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...bvrle96672.jpg
Old 01-31-20, 09:30 AM
Chucky1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by weldthedif
i know this is an old post, but does anyone have any recent information about purchasing the headlight lenses ?

I found these pictures, which gives hope to the idea that they are available, but I have not been able to find any part numbers.

I'm wondering the same thing.
Old 01-31-20, 09:33 AM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by weldthedif

You might be better off looking for a used unit. I'm not informed on replacement lens covers, but I'm sure it requires careful disassembly, and making sure it's sealed properly. I'm not sure the unit was designed to have the cover replaced. A used one should be reasonable and you can always have it finished to revive the clarity if necessary. Good luck.
swfla (01-31-20)

Quick Reply: Can LS430 Headlight Cover be bought by itself?