LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Question regarding climate control heating temperature, fan speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-16, 06:53 PM
kooky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jayclapp, sorry, I know you mean well, I'm actually taking the car into Lexus on Monday so I really am just trying to find out what other people's cars do, as you can see takimanpgt says their car does the same!! Would you be so kind to tell me what your car does?
Old 06-16-16, 09:15 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by kooky
Jayclapp, sorry, I know you mean well, I'm actually taking the car into Lexus on Monday so I really am just trying to find out what other people's cars do, as you can see takimanpgt says their car does the same!! Would you be so kind to tell me what your car does?
I live in the desert so I don't have the same warm up as you do, as mostly about how fast it can cool down! I did look at my car and observed that during a start up when ambient around 100F that the blower came on at the 2 level. It won't blow hot air on you until a minute later or so and then it is cold at highest speed. I just leave my A/C on auto all the year around and it does the right thing regardless of the ambient temperature. It just literally pampers the driver and the passengers. I don't turn the compressor off either. It won't move the vanes until it cools down, as it will deliver cool air to the driver and swing away until it cools down.

I don't force any unusual conditions on it, just let it do its thing and have no complaints about how it does it.
Old 06-17-16, 07:28 PM
kooky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom57
Another test: Click temp all the way down to "COLD" > does the fan increase to max speed?
I've tested this now. No, it doesn't go past about "3" (M).
Old 06-21-16, 03:23 AM
JffGRY706
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

I leave mine on auto year round. adjust temp only, winter 75 summer 72 or 69 depending on how hot it is. When I start the car in the winter is does not start to blow until it warms up a bit. however in the summer it goes to "5" as soon as I start the car, blowing very warm air until the compressor cools it down. this is to get the hot air out as you could have opened all the windows and the moon roof before getting in. press and hold button on smart key. quirk in my system is the vent by my left hand blows hot air all winter. dash shows that only floor vents are open, but that vent is active all winter long. not uncomfortable though.
Old 06-21-16, 07:23 AM
2KHarrier

Received 242 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by JffGRY706
I leave mine on auto year round. adjust temp only, winter 75 summer 72 or 69 depending on how hot it is. When I start the car in the winter is does not start to blow until it warms up a bit. however in the summer it goes to "5" as soon as I start the car, blowing very warm air until the compressor cools it down. this is to get the hot air out as you could have opened all the windows and the moon roof before getting in.
I believe this hits the nail on the head. I rarely use the AUTO setting on my car. I set the temp, set the fan where I want it and it blows..

When I have played with the AUTO settings, the system will change the fan speed, according to the desired temp VS. the ambient temp of the cabin. When the system is not ready to produce requested air temp, it will not furnish the associated fan speed to deliver that temp. Hence the inability to adjust fan speed when set in AUTO with a cold car. Basically, the car ain't ready yet...
The following users liked this post:
JosefR (04-06-21)