LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Newbie - Hell & Back for a LS430 UL Black/Saddle

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-16, 03:56 PM
jayslex89
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie - Hell & Back for a LS430 UL Black/Saddle

Im a diy person so I started roaming this site & everywhere. I saw different options all oem steel springs, adding sport sway bar, suncorindustries airbag remans, ect.. I really wanted go all oem w/tanabe but ended up going strutmasters (didnt feel like compressing and ect.) and orders the sport swaybar, new bushings, endlinks, rotors and pads. 2 days and they were here. So what I pull it in my shop and get to working that evening ( I thought I was gone bust it out over night). Took me about 3 days to swap out the front workin on it after work. Got to the back and that rear deck and getting room to get the top of the mounts off was a pita and strutmasters in there install papers doesnt give you the socket size or torque measurements on ANYTHING. Oh yeah heres were i get to the real wtf moment. So I get to the rear passenger strut I take off the cap and what do you know... the clips that held the sensor on had came loose and it was just barely sitting on top (dont forget the dry rotted airbag lexus said i had was in all actuallity perfectly fine).. Mannn I was so pissed cause I had done all this work and my airbags were fine... Granted yes they may have went out at some point and maybe this was inevitable, but hell i would rather have cross that bridge when i got to it maybe 30k miles later.... I've had this car for like a month and hadnt even driven 25mi.. So short story long here is ride.. I'll get some more shots once i get it out the garage I went on and redid the headlights since they had bad road rash. Sorry for being so long I have a problem paraphrasing stuff.lol Oh and I will have a full set of airbags & sensors for sell within the next week
Attached Thumbnails Newbie - Hell & Back for a LS430 UL Black/Saddle-driver-seat.jpg   Newbie - Hell & Back for a LS430 UL Black/Saddle-front-passanger-int.jpg   Newbie - Hell & Back for a LS430 UL Black/Saddle-rear-seats.jpg   Newbie - Hell & Back for a LS430 UL Black/Saddle-dash.jpg   Newbie - Hell & Back for a LS430 UL Black/Saddle-speedo.jpg  

Newbie - Hell & Back for a LS430 UL Black/Saddle-trunk.jpg   Newbie - Hell & Back for a LS430 UL Black/Saddle-front-passenger-ext.jpg   Newbie - Hell & Back for a LS430 UL Black/Saddle-left-ext.jpg   Newbie - Hell & Back for a LS430 UL Black/Saddle-engine.jpg  
Old 06-13-16, 04:12 PM
jayslex89
Driver School Candidate

Sorry Guys it didnt post my entire thread so heres how it begins...

I saw the listing online the dealership wanted $13.9k for it. I sent them an offer for $12.2k and they agreed. I called them and asked if I gave them $500 refundable would they hold it until saturday. They told me the GM was upset someone had approved it (as I had them send me the agreed price in buyers guide format). So he was like you have 24hrs to get here and pick up the car thinkin he was gonna call a bluff. So the next day me and the wife are headed up there when they call us and are like yall cant take the car today we tried to get it detailed and it wouldnt start. We still went up there pissed and tried talking to them. They gave us all type of bs we felt like they new that had sold it for too low and was hoping to make us not want it. They refused to check battery alternator ect.. that day saying the shop was packed.. yet you have a potential cash sale standing in front of you. We told them that we would take but they had to bring it to us (2.5hrs away) that we werent coming back up. They agreed and by the way i did verify the condition prior it has excellent service history and just had the timing belt, fuel pump and fluids changed and i called the lexus dealer that had serviced it to verify the car.

So a week goes by which everyday they filled it with some new issue and there response was well we only want to use lexus parts so we have to wait for it to come in. They finally deliver it.. Issues I found

- Balance Tires (vibration around 55mph)
- Sub Foam Surround needs Replacement (DIY)
- Rear Passenger Speaker needs Replacing (DIY)
- Rear Driver Provacy Screen clip needs replacing
- Rear Right Strut Sagging

Salesguy said it was the nicest thing he had ever driven and rode smooth to him, but long story short the dealer refused to do anything about balance or suspension. Hey it cant hurt to try.lol

I took it to the local lexus dealer they take 3hrs going over it and they tell me it was mechanically immaculate except the rear right air bag was dry rotted, turn rear rotors, and replace rear brakes pads. They quoted me $396 for brakes & $3.9k to replace both rear bags. This is how it shouldve started sorry guys.. And after all this had gone down I recieved an email from the internet sales manager refusing my inital offer..lol to funny
Old 06-14-16, 11:39 AM
MERKEDLS
Driver

I was looking into this car as well. I was unsure if i wanted to pay the asking price and kept lingering on it for a few days with the salesman calling me. I asked him for some more detailed pictures on a Saturday when he told me it had sold a hour earlier.
Looks like a solid buy at the price you paid.
Old 06-14-16, 07:18 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Hell of a deal and my favorite interior color ... glad you stuck with it and made a move. For sure the GM was pissed lol and someone is on the **** list over at the dealership.