LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Side Mirror cover clips.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-16, 08:26 AM
LiquidG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Mirror cover clips.

Replaced my side mirror lights with LED's over the weekend, and read somewhere here once that you can use a creditcard / pry tool to pop the outside cover of the side mirror off.

(PROTIP: don't do this)

We'll obviously now half the tiny white clips that hold that cover on are busted. Can anyone point me to a place to buy replacements (if even possible) Or a site that would show exploded diagrams with part numbers? I come from a Nissan background and over there the go-to site was always CourtesyParts as damn near every part was listed in a diagram with a pic of what it looked like, not finding such a place on the Toyota side..

Thanks

Pic below for reference.. Think this was from a sc430 but looks like same clips.

Old 06-07-16, 08:35 AM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

There are only 3 plastic clips (not 4 clips, as the red lines show) which snap the mirror cover onto the mirror assembly. Squeeze the white plastic clips with a long needle nose pliers to release them. (The pry tool / credit card concept is to pop off the lower clips that hold the actual mirror onto the mirror assembly, not the mirror covers.)

I don't believe that they can be ordered separately from Lexus. You may want to try foreign auto re-builders, or parts recyclers. Even a broken mirror assembly (driver or passenger side) will have these internal clips. You could place an ad in the parts wanted section here on CL.
Old 06-08-16, 12:07 PM
StanVanDam
Instructor

Received 201 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by LiquidG
Replaced my side mirror lights with LED's over the weekend, and read somewhere here once that you can use a creditcard / pry tool to pop the outside cover of the side mirror off.
I think you read those instructions incorrectly. You CAN use a credit card/prytool to pop the under-mirror light covers off - lots of people here have done it, including myself. But I haven't seen anyone saying to do that to remove the outside cover.
Old 06-09-16, 07:56 AM
LiquidG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StanVanDam
I think you read those instructions incorrectly. You CAN use a credit card/prytool to pop the under-mirror light covers off - lots of people here have done it, including myself. But I haven't seen anyone saying to do that to remove the outside cover.
Yep. realize that now. Probably will have to bust out the silicone if I can't come up with new clips.