LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Stroker kits?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-16, 05:24 PM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kitabel
The positive-displacement blowers (Autorotor, Sprintex, Whipple, Eaton) all have compressor discharge position problems: the case exit doesn't look anything like a V8 manifold, and the nose pulley has to line up with your belts (which moves the discharge opening).
I'd be looking at an ATI Pro-Charger (centrifugal) where the discharge is just a pipe and can go into your TB or cooler, and pulley alignment doesn't matter. Downside: low speed power isn't much better, the curve feels more like a turbo.
I think a roots is more fun on the street with the off idle power where you'd use it day to day but certainly wouldn't say no to a nice vortech or procharger set up.

https://www.swiftracing.com/SRT/item.aspx?id=169
Old 06-20-16, 08:53 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd love a turbo setup on my LS!
Old 06-21-16, 02:06 AM
AshyBone
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd be interested in stroking a 3UZ. I'm probably going to go the SC or NOS route, but for now I'm just trying to figure out how much work it's going to be to drop the 3UZ into my first gen GS.
Old 06-21-16, 05:11 AM
Jks24
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AshyBone
I'd be interested in stroking a 3UZ. I'm probably going to go the SC or NOS route, but for now I'm just trying to figure out how much work it's going to be to drop the 3UZ into my first gen GS.
It is not even worth it to do a stroker kit with the 3uz i got bc to make one and its $7000 for a whole .4 more liters of discplacment which is like 25-40hp maybe?

Your best bet is to do a 2uz with vvti thats rated for 274hp i think then just do a single turbo such as a greddy 20g. That turbo is good for about 450hp and 20 psi it also spools super quick so it is perfect for a street car anything over 500-600hp is not meant to be very practical on the street even 600hp is pushing it.

Also another aspect to keep in mind 400-500 hp is a lot of power man you gotta keep in mind as well as braking. Hp or how fast you can go does not mean **** unless you can stop equally fast.
Old 06-22-16, 05:02 AM
AshyBone
Pit Crew

Honestly I'm just looking for 350-400 rwhp. The GS is just going to be a cruiser but I don't want to got 2J since its been done. The car doesn't have an engine so I figured I'd just go from a fresh start. From what I've researched, the 3UZ makes more power then the 2UZ so that's why I plan on doing that. I had thought about going with a 1UZ but honestly they're only a couple hundred dollars cheaper so I don't see a point. Its just hard because there's no information anywhere about the 3uz into a first gen GS.

As far as FI goes, I already have enough turbo cars, The V8 GS is change for me and if anything I'd like to get my hands on a supercharger for it but they are insanely rare and hard to come by. If I do find one they want 5 grand for it.
Old 06-22-16, 05:41 AM
Jks24
Pole Position

Honestly I'm just looking for 350-400 rwhp. The GS is just going to be a cruiser but I don't want to got 2J since its been done. The car doesn't have an engine so I figured I'd just go from a fresh start. From what I've researched, the 3UZ makes more power then the 2UZ so that's why I plan on doing that. I had thought about going with a 1UZ but honestly they're only a couple hundred dollars cheaper so I don't see a point. Its just hard because there's no information anywhere about the 3uz into a first gen GS.

As far as FI goes, I already have enough turbo cars, The V8 GS is change for me and if anything I'd like to get my hands on a supercharger for it but they are insanely rare and hard to come by. If I do find one they want 5 grand for it.
What turbo cars do you have do tell? i was going to do a 800-900 hp awd evo swapped 2005 eclipse before i decided to go with the ls cause of misses wanting kids etc.

The 2005 tundra 2uz makes 282 hp with out vvti supposedly so its the same as the 3uz give or take. If you want vvti the 2005 sequoia 2uz makes 282 with vvti so take your pick.

I also retract my previous statement the standered tranny only came in tundra with v6s so i do not need any ecu pin outs.

Ok back to addressing the turbo stuff i cannot find injectors for the 2uz at all i tried to find the 750cc lucas injectors but they do not make them anymore, does anybody know if supra injectors will fit or if say ls6 injectors work?

Also suspension i am gonna buy all the ultra racing braces for the ls to stiffen up the chassis, but two questions the added 82 pounds in the front what kg springs should i get in my bc coilovers? Do i need to do different springs in the rear as well if i do a rear mount turbo kit?

Braking.....the brembo gran tourismo kit is only 4 piston calipers the ls is also 4 piston correct? So there really would be no point and wasting the money on it?
Old 06-24-16, 08:17 AM
bmore430
Lead Lap

SRT is proud to introduce its supercharger system for the 2001-2005 Lexus GS430*

This is the FIRST ever 100% MADE in the USA Twin Screw** production supercharger kit of its kind!

With over two years of exhaustive and intensive R&D and countless sleepless nights of hard work SRT’s engineering team is finally proud to introduce the Twin Screw** Supercharger (TSS) kit for the 2001-2005 Lexus GS430**.

Producing over 500HP and 450ft/lbs. of torque the SRT TSS kit gives phenomenal levels of performance to the 4.3L 3UZ-FE powered vehicle.

Converting a naturally aspirated production vehicle to a fire breathing high performance forced induction vehicle is not a simple task. It is not as easy as bolting a supercharger unit to the engine and calling it a day. The engineering team at SRT spent countless hours using high end CAD software designing the best highest flowing intake/supercharger manifold taking into consideration the fitment and ease of installation by the end user. The usage of only the highest grades of materials and components as well as state of the art manufacturing processes to ensure quality that surpasses OEM standards was a major focus factor. This was to ensure we produced a kit that will be extremely reliable and durable for daily driven vehicles yet strong enough to endure the high stress levels of racing vehicles.

Vehicles equipped with the SRT TSS kit will produce phenomenal increases in performance throughout the entire RPM power band of the engine. Low end torque as well as top end horsepower are substantially increased to make the vehicle much more fun to drive and keep up with today’s modern performance vehicles.

The engineering team spent a considerable amount of time to ensure that each and every component included in the TSS kit is of the highest quality and the fitment is of OEM quality. Every necessary component for a complete installation and enjoyment is included in the kit. The kit features a full standalone engine management system for proper control of the TSS kit and to ensure that not only is the power optimized for the kit but the reliability of the factory engine is not compromised. The quality of each component shines by simply seeing the list of components included in the kit and the materials they are made from. The best part of this kit is that it is made in the USA. We even spent the extra money and chose to get our intake/supercharger manifold casted here in the USA and not in china or any other country. We are proud to say that this kit is truly “MADE IN USA”!!!

Many More detailed pictures and final Dyno charts will be released in the very near future!!!

Key Features:
2.3L Twin Screw Whipple Supercharger Unit
1,000HP Air/Liquid Intercooler core
1,000HP Extra Large Front Heat Exchanger
Bosch High Flow intercooler water pump
High Flow Cast Aluminum T6 Hardened and x-rayed intake supercharger manifold
6061 T6 Billet Aluminum CNC Machined Intake Plenum
6061 T6 Billet Aluminum CNC Machined extra large bypass valve
6061 T6 Billet Aluminum CNC Machined throttle body inlet elbow
6061 T6 Billet Aluminum CNC Machined top intake manifold plate
6061 T6 Billet Aluminum CNC Machined vacuum nipple plate
6061 T6 Billet Aluminum CNC Machined boost reference nipple plate
6061 T6 Billet Aluminum CNC Machined Mass Air Flow flange
6061 T6 Billet Aluminum CNC Machined offset drive gear cage assembly for proper hood clearance
6061 T6 Billet Aluminum CNC Machined idler pulleys and brackets
6061 T6 Billet Aluminum CNC Machined Intercooler endcaps
6061 T6 Billet Aluminum CNC Machined heat exchanger end caps
550cc Bosch Fuel Injectors
Plug and Play harness for Fuel Injectors
NGK Iridium colder heat range long life Spark Plugs
High Flow extruded CNC machined Fuel rails
Gates Poly Chain Carbon GT Cog belt
Intercooler water recover/reserve tank
4Ply Silicone Couplers
Stainless Steel Hardware
Haltech Platinum Sprint 500 Standalone Engine Management System
Plug and Play Patch Harness for EMS
Walbro 255LPH intank Fuel pump with new sock and filter.
Serpentine drive belt for supercharger
6061 T6 Billet Aluminum CNC Machined SRT OEM - AN fuel line adapter
Nylon Braided fuel lines with AN fittings
High Flow Life time Dry Media Air Filter
5052 Aluminum water jet cut heat shield
Everything needed for a successful install

http://www.swiftracing.com/SRT/image...harger/sc1.jpg

Old 06-24-16, 08:21 AM
bmore430
Lead Lap

http://www.swiftracing.com/SRT/image...arger/sc10.jpg

Old 06-24-16, 09:00 AM
Jks24
Pole Position

Yah ime good on spending $10,000 to get 450-500hp i could do a rear mount set up for $8000 including and get 750-800hp. Thank you for posting the link though maybe some one else is interested.
Old 06-24-16, 10:06 AM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Only problem I have with rear mount is ground clearance, rain, daily driving etc. I have friends that have ran these on F-bodys and such that made good power but the drawbacks were definetly there.

The Whipple blower can support 700-800hp but i dont think the rest of our cars will.

And while 750-800hp potential is nice to think about the reality of the internals, transmission etc holding up to that power is not realistic. We dont have the aftermarket to support it.

The 400-500hp range is realistic. If someone could do a blower/turbo set-up tuned and on the road around 7000-8000 that would be nice.

If someone could do a whipple/roots or even centrifugal it would be a huge step.
Old 06-24-16, 10:43 AM
Jks24
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bmore430
Only problem I have with rear mount is ground clearance, rain, daily driving etc. I have friends that have ran these on F-bodys and such that made good power but the drawbacks were definetly there.

The Whipple blower can support 700-800hp but i dont think the rest of our cars will.

And while 750-800hp potential is nice to think about the reality of the internals, transmission etc holding up to that power is not realistic. We dont have the aftermarket to support it.

The 400-500hp range is realistic. If someone could do a blower/turbo set-up tuned and on the road around 7000-8000 that would be nice.

If someone could do a whipple/roots or even centrifugal it would be a huge step.
Thats why i am doing a 2uz swap and i have everything figured out except for the transmission i am looking for a 5-6 speed manual that will go in with out much trouble.
Old 06-25-16, 09:12 PM
AshyBone
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Jks24
What turbo cars do you have do tell? i was going to do a 800-900 hp awd evo swapped 2005 eclipse before i decided to go with the ls cause of misses wanting kids etc.

The 2005 tundra 2uz makes 282 hp with out vvti supposedly so its the same as the 3uz give or take. If you want vvti the 2005 sequoia 2uz makes 282 with vvti so take your pick.
As far as my cars, the FRS in my profile picture is gone... Rest in peace buddy, but I have...
a 1988 Conquest/Starion that got a HX35 swap. The day we dropped in the HX35 the trans went bye-bye. So now I'm doing the RX7 swap but the shop that was supposed to do the custom trans brace sucks and just hasn't been doing **** for over 2 years.
a 1991 3000GT VR4. The problem child I've had since 17. Its latest issue was its not getting any oil pressure to the head so I'm getting the 6G74, stroking it to 3.8 then adding twin TD05 Billet 18G's.
a 1995 Eclipse GSX. Bought it with a blown 16g (supposedly) but it was hitting fuel cut. Motor blew. Doing 6 bolt swap with hx35.
Then the Supra. Its a 1993 NA Base. I want to do a 2JZGTE swap and then later on down the road, v161/rear end, then single turbo swap.

The GS is going to be the black sheep being my only V8, so I wanted to make it as different as possible. May look into NOS applications.

In regards to transmission, you actually have a few options when it comes to trans. The easiest I've been able to find are R154 trans adapters. To my understanding, the xUZ family all share the same transmission bolt patterns. There's a few adapters for the r154 to 1uz so they should work for you. Just gotta find a r154. I plan on picking up the first one. If you get it before me, or anyone else and then they get sold out, I'm a be pissed lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1uz-1uzfe-to...-/272269731615

http://1uzfeswapkit.com/product.sc?p...4&categoryId=7

I'd love to get a supercharger kit, for my build, but I have too many builds going on right now to justify spending the money on the car after its drivable. SRT's sight doesn't list the price so i'm sure its somewhere between 3-7000 dollars. If it was two then sure, I could convince myself to pick it up. But that's not going to happen. I know there's another SC kit out there....

http://www.bulletcars.com/supercharg...er-system.html

and that one shows its $5500 sooooo... no.

Last edited by AshyBone; 06-25-16 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-26-16, 06:37 AM
Jks24
Pole Position

As far as my cars, the FRS in my profile picture is gone... Rest in peace buddy, but I have...
a 1988 Conquest/Starion that got a HX35 swap. The day we dropped in the HX35 the trans went bye-bye. So now I'm doing the RX7 swap but the shop that was supposed to do the custom trans brace sucks and just hasn't been doing **** for over 2 years.
a 1991 3000GT VR4. The problem child I've had since 17. Its latest issue was its not getting any oil pressure to the head so I'm getting the 6G74, stroking it to 3.8 then adding twin TD05 Billet 18G's.
a 1995 Eclipse GSX. Bought it with a blown 16g (supposedly) but it was hitting fuel cut. Motor blew. Doing 6 bolt swap with hx35.
Then the Supra. Its a 1993 NA Base. I want to do a 2JZGTE swap and then later on down the road, v161/rear end, then single turbo swap.

The GS is going to be the black sheep being my only V8, so I wanted to make it as different as possible. May look into NOS applications.

In regards to transmission, you actually have a few options when it comes to trans. The easiest I've been able to find are R154 trans adapters. To my understanding, the xUZ family all share the same transmission bolt patterns. There's a few adapters for the r154 to 1uz so they should work for you. Just gotta find a r154. I plan on picking up the first one. If you get it before me, or anyone else and then they get sold out, I'm a be pissed lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1uz-1uzfe-to...-/272269731615

http://1uzfeswapkit.com/product.sc?p...4&categoryId=7

I'd love to get a supercharger kit, for my build, but I have too many builds going on right now to justify spending the money on the car after its drivable. SRT's sight doesn't list the price so i'm sure its somewhere between 3-7000 dollars. If it was two then sure, I could convince myself to pick it up. But that's not going to happen. I know there's another SC kit out there....

http://www.bulletcars.com/supercharg...er-system.html

and that one shows its $5500 sooooo... no.
Dude thank you about the tranny thing if you have any questions about a 2uz-3uz performance build let me know i will share were to get stuff and other things with you just pm me. How positive are you about thw transmission they do it when they do the supra v8 swap right? And the srt kit is $10,000 thats why i am not about it its also a liquid cooled intercooler thats another big no-no for me. I know a place that has a full toms supercharger kit for the 3uz used with ecu if you interested lemme know.
Old 06-26-16, 06:40 AM
Jks24
Pole Position

Also for your gsx do a stm 6266 kit with front mount the kits about $5500 or do the 6766 kit or a super 99 turbo.
Old 06-26-16, 12:03 PM
Jks24
Pole Position

Anybody know if the r154 out of a supra will bolt right up or do i need to have custom mounts made?

Also i am not worried about turbo lag or anything like that from a rear mount kit. I am not launching a 4000 pound car that is beyond stupid to me you do a t88 turbo brake boost at 30-40mph the car is gonna take off like a bat out of hell i am also thinking about doing a single turbo kit to save plumbing and such anybody has comments suggestions anything chime in please. The r154 adapter plate and etc is $1700.00 by the way for any on that wants a standered ls430. So you are looking at $2400-$4000 for a 5 speed standered swap with tranny and all hardware.

Last edited by Jks24; 06-26-16 at 12:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Stroker kits?