LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Stroker kits?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-16, 09:35 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Wonder if you could get an IS-F engine to work in our cars?
Old 06-09-16, 05:45 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jks24
-----------UPDATE------------
Bc is going to mass produce the 4.7 stroker kit for the 3uz, also to switch the h beams to i beams its an additional $1200. I was told that that is the biggest kit they are going to make at this time so basically its a fuxken waste of time and money for $7000 and your better off building a custom turbo set up for $10,000 you could do a rear mount. I am gonna call and email a few friends one of whom is rip mods and see if i can get a 5.0-5.4 liter stroker kit made is any body interested at all, i could also see how much a rear mount turbo kit would cost also if any one is interested. If you are interested just chime in on this thread please.
As much as I love where this is going, and as much as I want to do this. I just don't want to go through the struggle of making a relatively slow car become a fast one. I honestly think the money is better spent on, say, something a little bit more rewarding.

My buddy had a stock MB C63 making about 470 HP, he got the Weistec stage 2 twin pulley 3.0L supercharger, along with it's peripherals it hurt the wallet no doubt. He paid around $12k for the whole upgrade. His car now makes 750~ and something HP. Do you see what I mean by rewarding results? He gives stock GT-R's nothing but dust to bite on.

Even through the install, everything was just perfect and available for his car, there were no ECU problems nor any incompatibility issues. The kit was complete with everything you need, any competent mechanic would be able to put it on the car. I feel like if I wanted to get such an upgrade(paying 10k) I would want to do it right, or not do it all.

Just my 2 cents man. Would love to see how it works out
Old 06-09-16, 05:45 PM
LSKelvin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much power are you looking for? Or did you just want more displacement and low end grunt?
Old 06-09-16, 06:47 PM
YODAONE
Pole Position

Received 414 Likes on 351 Posts

-----------UPDATE------------
Bc is going to mass produce the 4.7 stroker kit for the 3uz, also to switch the h beams to i beams its an additional $1200. I was told that that is the biggest kit they are going to make at this time so basically its a fuxken waste of time and money for $7000 and your better off building a custom turbo set up for $10,000 you could do a rear mount. I am gonna call and email a few friends one of whom is rip mods and see if i can get a 5.0-5.4 liter stroker kit made is any body interested at all, i could also see how much a rear mount turbo kit would cost also if any one is interested. If you are interested just chime in on this thread please.
Will the "stoker kit" supplier provide a cost estimate and, or, resource for who is rebalancing the engine?....yes you will have to rebalance the engine...lots of variables that affect engine balance.

Pick up a book detailing this list.

Please share what you find there.

The factory uses sophisticated equipment to accomplish this...which not many, if any, aftermarket suppliers can replicate or perfect.

Increased power in a lightweight aluminum block makes this even more critical. (vs. a 100 HP output engine in a 1,000 pound iron block)

Well designed engine that can quickly become a doorstop if you are not careful (we will not talk about how the drivetrain will hold up either)

Like the idea, but you will be minimum $10,000 into it.
Old 06-09-16, 06:49 PM
BradTank
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by KING
As much as I love where this is going, and as much as I want to do this. I just don't want to go through the struggle of making a relatively slow car become a fast one. I honestly think the money is better spent on, say, something a little bit more rewarding.

My buddy had a stock MB C63 making about 470 HP, he got the Weistec stage 2 twin pulley 3.0L supercharger, along with it's peripherals it hurt the wallet no doubt. He paid around $12k for the whole upgrade. His car now makes 750~ and something HP. Do you see what I mean by rewarding results? He gives stock GT-R's nothing but dust to bite on.

Even through the install, everything was just perfect and available for his car, there were no ECU problems nor any incompatibility issues. The kit was complete with everything you need, any competent mechanic would be able to put it on the car. I feel like if I wanted to get such an upgrade(paying 10k) I would want to do it right, or not do it all.

Just my 2 cents man. Would love to see how it works out

+1

Unless he's doing ALL the work himself, I see this easily this being a $10,000 - $15,000 project to get about 100 more horsepower. And it will probably never run right and always throw codes.

Or you can get a factory hot rod with that power out of the box.
Old 06-09-16, 06:59 PM
Jks24
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brain cower is providing the 4.7 stroker kit i figured everybody on here would want a hp booster i am talking to a few companies about a bolt on rear mount turbo kit right now. I am more than capable of installing the stroker kit or turbo kit if i buy one i was going to do an 800-900 hp awd evo swapped 3rd gen eclipse before I i decided to go the ls route, so i am all about making odd ball cars faster haha. If people are interested i will see if i can get a bolt on turbo kit for the ls.
Old 06-09-16, 08:01 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Brain cower is providing the 4.7 stroker kit i figured everybody on here would want a hp booster i am talking to a few companies about a bolt on rear mount turbo kit right now. I am more than capable of installing the stroker kit or turbo kit if i buy one i was going to do an 800-900 hp awd evo swapped 3rd gen eclipse before I i decided to go the ls route, so i am all about making odd ball cars faster haha. If people are interested i will see if i can get a bolt on turbo kit for the ls.
The 1UZ engines are used in Australia for jet boats. And most of them are supercharged/turbo charged. I bet you could find something for these cars over there possibly?

Also, Swift Racing Technologies was supposed to have a supercharger for these engines. Not sure if they ever did though..

Any companies in Japan offer anything?
Old 06-09-16, 08:11 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Twin turbo kit??

http://ttcperformanceproducts.com/ttcpe1twtuki.html
Old 06-09-16, 08:48 PM
Jks24
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RRocket
Almost everybody on this forum is a downer man haha and i call bull*hit on the "ohhh drivability" as long as you dont pound the **** outta your car you can drive a 900hp supra or evo everyday. Avoid ttc performance the owner is a scam artist and just rips people off he has been booted off multiple forums and i just need some time man i am sure i can have one of the companies i know make a rear mount turbo kit that way its no exhaust manifold and a lot easier to take care of. For a turbo/supercharger or stroker kit we can run aem stand alone I was allready talked to stm and English racing about it and i will get to your pm in the am man i have to get up in like 5 hours lol.

Last edited by Jks24; 06-10-16 at 03:25 AM.
Old 06-10-16, 10:26 AM
Coulter
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Prediction:

We'll never see this project get off the ground.

But it's fun to talk about.
Old 06-10-16, 04:24 PM
Jks24
Pole Position

....really......i talked to bc and they made a kit which i got a price and specs which isnt even out yet i think that speaks for itself i also spoke to two very reputable shops about ecu tuning. why is the majority of people on this forum a downer. I dont see anybody else in the ls430 forums talking or even doing anything besides "ohhh ime layen so much frame bro" or "look at my super aggressive camber that only gives me 60% contact patch between all 4 tires" ....anyways does any body have any useful ideas maybe a throttle body swap, balance shaft delete, motor swap , cam gears, porting the heads things of that nature any one???????

Last edited by Jks24; 06-10-16 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-10-16, 05:17 PM
911LE
Instructor

Received 228 Likes on 157 Posts

You still haven't stated what your goals are. A billet crank and h beams are overkill if you just want a fast cruiser. Any kind of upgrades are going to require a standalone ecm. Depending on the power level you could also need a built/different transmission, differential, axles, etc. It's easier to set goals (hp and intended use) and work backwards from there.
Old 06-11-16, 07:07 AM
Jks24
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 911LE
You still haven't stated what your goals are. A billet crank and h beams are overkill if you just want a fast cruiser. Any kind of upgrades are going to require a standalone ecm. Depending on the power level you could also need a built/different transmission, differential, axles, etc. It's easier to set goals (hp and intended use) and work backwards from there.
H beams are garbage always go with i beams also i am going for 450-650 hp a rear mount twin turbo kit( i use the term kit very loosely) is the way to go i was researching and it seems i can have the lexus tranny rebuilt for $500-$2000 to withstand 700 hp or i can do a supra transmission with an adapter plate and custom mounts if some one has more info please share. I want to start with custom 2.5 exhaust, intake, ppe headers and tune thats $2950 for all that and see how much i get i am guessing 45 hp 50-55 ftlbs. The weak point on the 3uz fe motor is the wrist pins correct? Also the axles i can have driveshaft shop make them, and as i said i spoke to english racing and stm about ecu tuning and they advised me to use aem infinity ecu. If anyone has a link for the supra tranny thread please share or if they have any knowledge about the 3uz, electronics, etc please share.

Last edited by Jks24; 06-11-16 at 07:13 AM.
Old 06-11-16, 09:25 AM
Jks24
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitabel
"1,000 pound iron block"
Why would you be using a diesel truck block? The V8 block is under 200 lbs., the whole engine is under 500.

"H beams are garbage"
You mean like the Carrillos used in Offenhauser engines?

25% more displacement will never produce 25% more power. HP per dollar: $100 at least.
I agree i have no idea what he was talking about the whole 1000 pound engine thing also he is also clueless in the fact that anytime you take an engine apart you have to machine the block to seat the head and gasket at minimum aluminum blocks are not special every motor need a to be properly balanced and machined.
I meant h beams are garbage in general for any performance application that raises boost, compression etc there cheaper than i beams. I have facts to back this up some one on evom did a test and the h beams are weaker then i beams a shop also backed this up.
I was just using a "butt dyno man" i was hoping the hp and tq would be that high but i doubt it i was just trying to get the motor to have more go at first but i am currently looking into how much the rear mounted kit would be i am gonna see how much and if people wanna buy them i will work something with a shop help who ever wants one get one. It looks like $2500-$5000 for a tt rear mount kit for the ls430, $1500 for aem inffinity ecu. The transmission is still in question stock transmission can hold 350-400 from what i have gathered reading. I also read that lexus ecm's can handle a turbobqith out a tune on minimum boost like 3-5 psi anybody know if this true?
Old 06-11-16, 03:51 PM
fensterlip
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is fun and I'd like to see where it goes. I count at least 50 ways to bump the LS430 up from the 3UZ kits being discussed to a heart transplant with an LS motor.
I think a totally custom 3UZ kit would be a lot of fun but you're going to cut most of your path through the forest.
I'd do it for fun and to keep me off the street for many many weekends but I think the biggest bang for the buck will be an LS for the LS. There are so many mod's for the 5.3 (or 6.2) that the problem won't be finding it will be picking. Someone on this site has documented that project and as I recall he's hitting your BHP/Torque numbers.
I have affection for the 3UZ motor for its sweet revving and overhead cams and overall good design but the frustration and patience would be severely tested. Maybe you have deeper pockets and a higher threshold of patience.

Quick Reply: Stroker kits?