LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

How do you install the rear Youzealand SS kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-16, 09:09 AM
PolishDude
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How do you install the rear Youzealand SS kit?

Picked up a standard SS Youzealand kit, the front looks very simply to install but I have no clue how the rears install or where they even go, anyone have pictures or installation instructions? Do the rear seats have to come out to install the rears? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-03-16, 12:45 PM
yoitskenn
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I haven't installed my kit either. Supposedly the rear seats need to come out because you need to loosen the top of the strut for some reason....maybe for wiggle room. Also read that there's a washer that's supposed to be installed as well but my kit didn't have one.
Old 06-03-16, 12:51 PM
PolishDude
Driver

Wish this wasn't pdf so google translate could do its thing...

http://www.youzealand.net/parts/ss/install/pdf/30r.pdf
For those that can certainly work, and mounting please.
Remove the tire over the jack in a safe place, and then unplug the air case of air suspension, festival unplugging the air is suddenly car
Since the high it will go back down, it must be performed in the state in which floated a tire. The Celsior maintenance book if you pull out the air
Please refer to (special tool is required 09730-00010 about 1,400 yen). Air suspension Control
Error equipped car is, from down as much as possible the vehicle height, work it is possible to not remove the air when you jack up
But, when the case in the shock of this work is lowering the jack becomes a negative pressure, biting rubber of air suspension shock
Since there is a risk of damage to the, please caution. Tokonto of knuckle front in the case of Koirusasu
Remove the roll rod, work and rotate the Narru much easier. Stabilizer, genus, washer
The disconnect, the included spring washer fitted with a kit, to stop the mounting provisional nut (tightening torque about
1,5 up to ~ 2Kg-m) then place the head of the screw tighten the M10mm enamel screw (set screw) is in the kit and flat
Tighten. Depositing a loosening agent (+ -5mm). Or tighten the nut of genuine eating position was just tacking
It is (torque 14k). Genuine washer kit was removed earlier in Stat bolt of kit if you have be installed,
Attach the genus Insert the taper color, tighten flat washer, a nut (torque 14Kg-m).
2 PICTURES
In the case of air suspension car, the front is vehicle height is lowered by SSKIT fitted but the rear does not have a vehicle height change
If you lower the vehicle height, vehicle height is lower the sensor position because it has to adjust the sensor (Torx E-type 14) vehicle height
Please adjust. Location Slide the long holes in the lower arm center adjustment (if the sensor position to lower the vehicle height
Place the Lowering down decreases 2,5mm in the vehicle height it also reduces the 1mm, from the service book. ) If you want to adjust the vehicle height is
Roughly to thank you lower 30 mm for those with knowledge reduce about 12-15 mm.
In the case of spring car, down the amount of the vehicle will be around due to individual differences of the vehicle.
NOTE:
This product should not be used in addition to the Celsior 30, 31.
 tire to you because fender subduction is the vehicle body may interfere.
 in the product installation work, for the injury accident after installation, but do not assume liability.
After  mounting, bolts, please check again if there is no loosening of the nut, do the daily inspection.
 only genuine shock correspondence becomes, the amount of down back and forth by the weight distribution between the front and rear case of the attachment to the spring car.
 when traveling on public roads, in the case of minimum ground clearance 90mm or more is kept always air suspension vehicle of the Road Traffic Law, the air is
Please traveling at sufficient entered in that state, also, please remove the case this product there is a hindrance to travel.
 Remove If this product is that there is trouble in the running because we produce normal ride height, the data standards of normal wheel
Please.
 The inspection has become a structure that pass without a problem, but it is left to the judgment of the inspector.

http://www.youzealand.net/parts/ss/install/pdf/30rw.pdf

Washer mounting way
"Washer and waterproof tape."
After this part is fitted with a rear air suspension is SSKIT, occur abnormal noise from the internal shock by the shock tilts
If you want, is the parts to be mounted.
Rear seat, the vehicle the supplied washer loosen the nut three places that hold the shock Remove the trim board (Susumu
The outermost of the bolt to the row direction), the mounting location and plug in between the shock and the body. Then proof
Water tape tighten the nut pinching the gap between the shock and the body, the order tightening with a washer
Nut is completed by mounting the end, trim board, the rear seat you are.
It left mounting example.

Last edited by PolishDude; 06-03-16 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-03-16, 12:54 PM
PolishDude
Driver

looks like you put the washer on one of the shock tower bolts to put it at an angle....should be simple enough to fabricate
Old 06-03-16, 07:05 PM
cerushio31
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's pretty self explanatory once you get the shock off and mock up the blocks. It basically extends past the shock to create a new mounting point/angle. Don't forget to add the little shim up top or you will experience pretty bad banging over every little bump from the upper shock moints.
Old 06-04-16, 02:07 PM
PolishDude
Driver

What I purchased did not come with a shim but Ive heard the shim is around 2mm thick, sound accurate?
Old 06-05-16, 12:16 AM
yoitskenn
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Any pic of the shim/washer. I don't have those either. Will be useful to know a head of time
Old 08-29-19, 06:06 AM
Dalex20000
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you can buy the cheapest air tube separator
https://www.ebay.es/itm/113726778947

Old 08-29-19, 07:41 AM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

So its something you 3D-printed for 0.5 EUR and now want to sell for a big profit? Take him away!
Old 08-29-19, 07:54 AM
Dalex20000
Driver School Candidate

It is something that this company has done at less than half the price of the original. I bought the piece and it seems an innovative idea, but I respect that you want to buy the original Toyota part.

In my case, I just want to publicize something that seems good for the rest of Toyota / Lexus owners
Old 08-29-19, 06:06 PM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalex20000
It is something that this company has done at less than half the price of the original. I bought the piece and it seems an innovative idea, but I respect that you want to buy the original Toyota part.

In my case, I just want to publicize something that seems good for the rest of Toyota / Lexus owners
No, the accepted non-Toyota way is to buy a tube of caulk, chop off the end and then ram it through the fitting to loosen it from its moorings. But your posting history, which is quite scant, shows a preponderance towards shilling for an eBay listing for a cheaply made part, modeled after an OEM specialty service tool, and being sold at a huge, huge, huge huge huge markup.
Old 08-30-19, 02:52 AM
Dalex20000
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sdls
No, the accepted non-Toyota way is to buy a tube of caulk, chop off the end and then ram it through the fitting to loosen it from its moorings. But your posting history, which is quite scant, shows a preponderance towards shilling for an eBay listing for a cheaply made part, modeled after an OEM specialty service tool, and being sold at a huge, huge, huge huge huge markup.
Then we can give three alternatives:
1. To buy a tube of caulk, chop off the end and then ram it through the fitting to loosen it from its moorings.
2. Buy it on eBay at less than half the price, from a company that will make money from it, but that will cost me less than half the price.
3. Buy it at Toyota

I don't know the cost of manufacturing, but I can assure you that I don't care if a company earns more or less, that's why they make things. What matters to me is that I get cheaper with equal or better quality, and that is my experience, and my contribution to the community.

Respect if you want to buy a tube of caulk, I wouldn't know how to do it.