LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

C1752 Continuous current to exhaust solenoid UL Air Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-16, 09:30 AM
oldkystude
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default C1752 Continuous current to exhaust solenoid UL Air Suspension

Got techstream working and checked my air suspension ecu to try and determine why my compressor has started to run frequently. I suspected a leaking strut from all I've read here but I'm not shot gunning a strut or a set of struts without hard data. I tried measuring the height overnight, raising the car onto jack stands to inspect the air bags and found no problems. Some days the compressor runs a lot but some days it doesn't. It seems to this old mechanic that if a strut bag had deteriorated it wouldn't have any "good days".

So I've identified this trouble code but can't find any user info on it. Hoping someone has seen the same issue and can advise me.

If you are a believer in removing the air suspension save your fingers and don't try to talk me out of it. I like it, I'm keeping it. I will buy what I need to fix it but don't want to buy components that are not needed. Thanks!

Here is my readout after the car had been sitting a few days on level driveway pavement. On the height control sensors negative numbers are lower height. Not perfect but these values did not activate the compressor, sitting still, big me in drivers seat, engine running.

Here is the trouble code

Note that I turned the height control switch ON and let the compressor run till it stopped raising. The strut sensors now indicate higher positive values. I left the car like this and will check it again today to see if one dropped. Love techstream!!
Old 05-29-16, 12:37 PM
oldkystude
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This car is not leaking down. Leave it hi, or low, the values of the height sensors only vary slightly overnight (.1 to .2). I figured out how to reset the fault code above and we will see if it comes back. It sets if the exhaust valve receives current (down command from ecu) for I think 6 seconds. If the car was jacked and turned on that would do it.
Techstream is an excellent tool of you don't mind the hassle of finding a working adapter, getting it playing on an elderly laptop, and getting the correct software and drivers. If you love getting into the details of this rolling computer, or forced to by the near poverty of working for Toyota in 2016, it's worth the effort. I've learned a lot about a car I plan to keep.
Old 06-21-16, 03:30 AM
majujose
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hai sir

hai sir did u change the exhast valve soenoid in the air suspension?.i too geting the same code .
thanks in advance